Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
amrasenelya

Amras And Enelya's Home..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hihi Amrasenelya,

Glad to know that your reno is going on smoothly. Hee.. we got alot of similarities. Same contractor, same shop suppliers for the toilet fittings and same aircon installer. If I didnt see wrongly, you also bought Toshiba a/c. So we got the same A/C too. :lol: Good to know that your experience with GC is ok.

Eh.. about the floor trap, I didnt install s/s one. Didnt have any experience about s/s drainer also. My thoughts are.. I think s/s is not that easy to maintain. And once stained/ dirted, it will look very obvious on a s/s drainer and because s/s drainer is not that common, it become one of the 'focus point' in the loo. So got to do regular washing/cleaning else very obvious. ;)

Hey Rasp!

Long time no see ya? How's the wedding preps? :)

Yup I saw dat we had lotsa similar stuff when I referred back to ur tblog for reference! Hehe.. Thanks for ur advice.. I can only depend on hubby to communicate with henry now cus I'm stuck at work rescuing database while they're at the new house discussing carpentry.. :~

nice nice. Seems like u are progressing better than most of us here. :)

Hey Mickey!

Ya seems like progressing well, but I'd rather not count my eggs bef they hatch.. :P

anw, it's also becus I'm not doing any hacking of floor tiles,keeping all the existing ones n only overlaying toilet floor tiles.. The siong one is the carpentry.. We have quite alot.. So when dat time comes I also gan chiong liao.. :P

your reno progress also ok ah! Very daring and unique changes! :)

welcome!! looks like ur reno progress is good! :good:

oh! ive got the same toilet bowl as u.. similar taps too.. keke.. :sport-smiley-018:

keep the pics coming.. :dancingqueen:

hehe thanks thanks! :D

went to see ur tblog posted by ur hubby/wifey.. :) u must add more pics! then next time easier for us to refer to! share your buys! =p

btw, i see ur other half's signature, u bought so much things for less than 1k? very cheap leh! and we have different WC (mine's casanova), but same master and common toilet taps! :P

Had carpentry discussion with our contractor and carpenter till midnight last night.. shag! zz

Now we were given a few things to think about and gotta get back to them soon..

1. Stainless steel kitchen pull out basket to fit lower kitchen cabinet of 900mm

The chicken brand sells about $280 for 1 layer.. dats about $560 for one cabinet.. :( I think its useful cus in my mum's place, we dun have those, so I have to reach beyond all those that are nearer the door for those deep inside.. And I also dont need to bend too much to take stuff.. not good for back..

2. Shelving or cabinets with doors above the washing machine area?

I wanna go for shelving, just plain simple shelves so dat i can store some washing powder and cloths above that area. will not be getting any dryer, so dat space gotta be utilised by shelving and cabinets.. but carpenter says, shelving with all the barang barang will be visible the moment we step into the kitchen.. not very nice la.. but shelving is cheaper..

some more things we have to consider, but notes all with hubby... more thinking for me later... :rolleyes:

amrasenelya, nice to see yours progress... and your layout is the mirror image of mine in punggol...

guess what? I just bought a number of stuff from GR Link, including the nice rain shower, and pearly kitchen sink...

care to share are you going to hide the bomb shelter door?

bought any heater? any recommendation?

Hey there! I see you take Impess21 as you contractor, you'll be in good hands! Can't wait to see your end product :)

Hey wakzool! :)

hehe thanks! i think ure one of the earlier ones i read who also had Impress21.. hows ur twin girls? :D

amrasenelya, nice to see yours progress... and your layout is the mirror image of mine in punggol...

guess what? I just bought a number of stuff from GR Link, including the nice rain shower, and pearly kitchen sink...

care to share are you going to hide the bomb shelter door?

bought any heater? any recommendation?

hello nolit! oh wah, another fellow neighbour! :) which block are u at?

no blog to share share your reno progress? hehe.. ^5! Uncle benny offers very good service and pricing hor? they just delivered the stuffs to us last week.. ;)

we are not going to hide the bomb shelter door, gonna cut cost and just repaint the door.. initially wanted to cover up, and also do up a small shoe cabinet just beside the bomb shelter, width just enough for 1 shoe size, but its about 1.2k for that entire feature, so decided to forgo it and get ikea shoe cabinets and drill on the wall opposite the bomb shelter instead.. :P

we got the Joven 25litre heat elevation storage heater.. not sure if its powerful enough for our rain shower or not.. when will u be starting reno? if u start after end jan, we can better advice u then, cus we'll be moving in then.. :)

Our toilet fittings were delivered yesterday!

P1050030.jpg

pearly kitchen sink that came with very cool drainer baskets to hold rubbish! :P

P1050031.jpg

all of it stacked nicely in the common room, away from all the false ceiling which is gonna happen next week!

then, we headed down to our contractor's office with our chosen laminates jus to take pics of the colour combi with the solid top... :P

kitchencolours.jpg

kitchen colours, bottom pewter,grey solid top, upper white cabinets..

mbrtoiletcolours.jpg

mbr toilet vanity cabinets and white with specks solid top..

As we have a huge backing in our mbr, which is actually the back of the wardrobe facing our bed, we needed to be sure of what laminate we chose for that, so off we went to sungei kadut to the EDL and Lamitak factory one early morning..

the guys at both factories were very nice, showed and adviced which is better, which will turn from white to yellow so not advisable to take... they also showed us the big piece of laminates 8ft by 4ft.. practically all that we chose were shown in big pieces to us.. easier for us to visualise.. :P

P1040978.jpg

they also gave us A4 samples to take home! :D

uniquelaminates.jpg

some of the laminates we chose, basically white and black throughout.

P1040970.jpg

we like this core laminate very much, every part of it is white, including the inside! so when its scratched, its still a white scratch.. but too ex.. i think abt 120/piece.. so we gave up on this.. :unsure:

hi amrasenelya,

guess what, my hacking is starting this week! we are in block 6xx. As we are only doing the kitchen, mbr toilet, false ceiling, painting, polishing... pushing to finish by this x'mas!

very busy going all over to buy stuff and wares thus were always so tired to even post photos here... =p

Yes uncle benny sounds sincere and with reasonable pricing, I bought around 1.6k of wares from him! ok my pocket is emptying over the weekend, ouch!

I was quoted around 1.5k for the bomb shelter wall... the bomb shelter door handle was really like out of place... should i do? haiz...

hi amrasenelya,

guess what, my hacking is starting this week! we are in block 6xx. As we are only doing the kitchen, mbr toilet, false ceiling, painting, polishing... pushing to finish by this x'mas!

very busy going all over to buy stuff and wares thus were always so tired to even post photos here... =p

Yes uncle benny sounds sincere and with reasonable pricing, I bought around 1.6k of wares from him! ok my pocket is emptying over the weekend, ouch!

I was quoted around 1.5k for the bomb shelter wall... the bomb shelter door handle was really like out of place... should i do? haiz...

hey nolit!

we're at 648! hehe maybe can pop by each other's reno to see see! who r u engaging for ur reno? wow u have a very tight deadline! hopefully can be done by ur target HO! :)

eh.. i think we bought abt 1.9k from him leh.. faint..

yah actually its only the door handle.. so spending 1.5k for the door handle, abit too much for us.. see whether u wanna cut cost somewhere to hide that door handle or close one eye to that? :P

something that im considering..

should i do an uplift of about 15cm at the hob area? because my hob is facing the washing machine, im afraid the frying and splurting of oil will stain my washing machine easily.. if i do a short uplift, at least i minimize some of the damage?

dunno how much it'll cost though, cus contractor says it costs more to do the backing from bottom base up...

its something like what reiki did for his kitchen at the stove there..

KitchenWetArea.jpg

(ps: pic taken from reiki's tblog.)