Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
berry_surprise

We, Consumers, Always At Losing End

i like to bring to your attention on my current situation.

I have spoke to the 3 main bodies personally.

1)HDB

2)CASE

3)IEA

In the case of HDB, even though the OTP form is a legal contract issued by them. However, they will not be involved in any dispute.

so in short, when u buy house, u pay HDB money. When there is a problem, HDB ask u to seek your own legal advices.

In the case of CASE, I can only lodge a complaint only to the agent whom I will be paying commission. Not the other party's agent.

In the case of IEA, it is not a requirement for all housing agents to be registered under IEA, therefore u cannot lodge any complaints to any agents as long as they are not registered with IEA.

I also have asked about my option of seeking and making a police report. So I was told only if the case involve cheating of money then I am able to do so.

If it involves ways of conducts and work ethnics, then too bad.

so the only way for me is to flame these agents. But you and I know very well that flaming doesnt make them go out of business.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
How about going to small claim?

i even thought of bypassing the small claims and straightaway go to the high court. But do i want to fork out the 7-8k of legal fees?

even though i can claim back from the other party if I win the case, at most I can claim back is 4-5k.

so in the end, i will be a loser. I lose $ in legal fees, time and I still have no compensation.

there r simply no laws to protect buyers, IMHO.

Dear TS

Can you kindly explain your suituation.

I only guessed that you have paid some money as deposit but the purchase fell thru after OTP was signed?

@JustAsking: does TS=Topic Starter?

my situation is a long story and i am really too exhausted to repeat it.

in any case, i have talked to the authorities, re-read the contract several times, consulted a lawyer and even pray to God :P

i dont even know why in the 1st place i want to deal with these issues, just becuase i want to buy a place of my own and i have to deal with crap.