Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vodkazhong

37" Sharp Lcd Or 37" Panasonic Lcd

Hi All,

I went Harvey Norman @ Parkway Parade today. Had saw and sort of interested on the above 2 LCD TVs :) Both are $849, same price. But i duno which shld i get ? Can someone give suggestion to me and tell me the pros & cons (if possible) Thanks !! As my new hse is a 3-rm flat, so 37" is good enough for me already.

Btw, the model nos will be as follows:

Panasonic: X-series (HDVD) Model # TH-L37X10

Panel: Alpha (i think its not made in Japan)

Sharp: (HD Ready) Model # LC-37A37M

Panel: Made in Japan

Thanks a LOTS !

Vodkaz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
panasonic is better.

I concur. Panasonic is much much better. End of the day, get a disc & do a test. Your visual experience will determine your purchase.

Cheers

Hi All,

I went Harvey Norman @ Parkway Parade today. Had saw and sort of interested on the above 2 LCD TVs :) Both are $849, same price. But i duno which shld i get ? Can someone give suggestion to me and tell me the pros & cons (if possible) Thanks !! As my new hse is a 3-rm flat, so 37" is good enough for me already.

Btw, the model nos will be as follows:

Panasonic: X-series (HDVD) Model # TH-L37X10

Panel: Alpha (i think its not made in Japan)

Sharp: (HD Ready) Model # LC-37A37M

Panel: Made in Japan

Thanks a LOTS !

Vodkaz

Hi there,

Just to share some infos.

Although Panasonic is the better choice, but do take note that their LCD panel is from a sub-contractor source( means: Panasonic is not the Original Engineering Manuafacturer-OEM), they just place the Panasonic logo.

Panasonic's main expertise/techonology currently concentrated on Plasma and not LCD (especially after Pioneer, whom was the world's 1st Plasma manufacturer, announces the stoppage of Plasma production recently) :jawdrop:

On the contary, Sharp manuafactures their own LCD panel in japan and has it's own expertise/designing techonolgy and manufacturing/assembly factory.

However, it's up to each individual interest on which is the better buy, especially when the price$$ is the same. :dribble:

Cheers! :yamseng:

between the both brand i will pick Sharp.

Hi ALL !!

Thanks for all your comments !! :) I think i will be buying the Sharp LCD - from Best Denki.. Cos Sharp one is a "HD Ready" and panel made in Japan;while Panasonic do not have these both... :o

Btw, what's HD Ready / Full HD ? Very important ?

Thanks again ya !

to me, whether its full HD or HD ready is not that impt. bcos:

1) only ch5 is available in HD at the moment

2) u need a HD set-top in order to view HD program in full HD

but of cos, if u r watching dvds or blu-rays most of e time, then it'll be better to get full HD, for better visual experience.

just my personal thoughts.

Hi ALL !!

Thanks for all your comments !! :) I think i will be buying the Sharp LCD - from Best Denki.. Cos Sharp one is a "HD Ready" and panel made in Japan;while Panasonic do not have these both... :o

Btw, what's HD Ready / Full HD ? Very important ?

Thanks again ya !

37" Full HD or HD ready, difference won't be that significant. unless you intend to hook up to a laptop/PC and use it as a monitor.

i think sharp is still 1 year panel warranty. not too sure about panny. maybe you can ask before you commit.

If u want buy sha** over panaso** i will ask u to tink again .I tink u have not seen both of them on tv programs , take a look from the side if u u intend to wall mount the tv and u will get wat i mean .sole panel maker does not mean the panel itself is better than other brands .its how good the tv tuner is that's the most important part u are buying the lcd to watch local or scv programs and not the blueray or hd programs so check out the tv from the smaller dealers to get a better price and and clearer view of your future lcd from tv programs. check out the hot dealers from the forum .. cheers

If u want buy sha** over panaso** i will ask u to tink again .I tink u have not seen both of them on tv programs , take a look from the side if u u intend to wall mount the tv and u will get wat i mean .sole panel maker does not mean the panel itself is better than other brands .its how good the tv tuner is that's the most important part u are buying the lcd to watch local or scv programs and not the blueray or hd programs so check out the tv from the smaller dealers to get a better price and and clearer view of your future lcd from tv programs. check out the hot dealers from the forum .. cheers

Hi Dodofish ! Thanks for your comments, ya true i have not yet seen the normal tv (ch U / 5) at all for neither pana or sharp.. so i won't know how the screen or pcture is liked. . . hrmm.. i will try some days later... cos recently really went to too much of these applicances co. haha !! eyes tired !!

Hi Alamak, batman, thanks for the comments ! i wil look it up again !

By the way, ALL, I went Gaincity yest. got 1 moreLCD on sale - Samsung 37" Series 5 FULL HD for $999.oo only ! worth it ?? ok to buy ?? ANd the salesman keep telling me.. this is a very good price le !! haha..

Thanks.

dun buy on impulse ,go for japaness brand thru not made in japan fully but QC WILL be better than others. panel for sharp is 1 yr check out pana ,toshiba , hitachi ,they all cover 3 yrs by agent . as for korean brand i will buy lg cause its hard panel of if u wall mount it will be better .U dun really need to tired out yourself by goin to many places stick to the forum top shop to puchase and u will not be carrot cheers enjoy :)