Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SGBuzz

New Hive

Went to look at the place last night. The windows are up, except for the BestView in the living room. The windows look so different, and the place is so bright now, even at 8.30pm without electrical lighting. :P

Kitchen bases have been erected. The carpenter would be able to make measurements already.

Work to be done.

1. Change all windows (starting 6/1)

2. Finish tiling the toilets (after windows are changed) --> hopefully can complete today :unsure:

3. Construct concrete base in kitchen for cabinets

4. Finish tiling work in kitchen --> hopefully can complete today :unsure:

5. water proof and build wet wash area in balcony --> hopefully can complete today :unsure:

6. Cement scree rest of balcony --> hopefully can complete today :unsure:

7. construct new TV wall with store room extension

8. run air con trunking and piping

9. plaster wall and paint

10. polish and make good upstairs and stairs parquet

11. Install downstairs laminate flooring

12. Install kitchen cabinets, wardrobe, settee

13. complete wiring and install lights and fans

14. Install book shelf, store room display door, and balcony timber overlay

15. Install grilles

16. move from old place to new place

17. allocate space for different items

18. unpack

19. put into place

20. shift things around

21. unpack

22. upack

23. unpack

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Went to look at the place last night. The windows are up, except for the BestView in the living room. The windows look so different, and the place is so bright now, even at 8.30pm without electrical lighting. :P

Kitchen bases have been erected. The carpenter would be able to make measurements already.

Work to be done.

1. Change all windows (starting 6/1)

2. Finish tiling the toilets (after windows are changed) --> hopefully can complete today :unsure:

3. Construct concrete base in kitchen for cabinets

4. Finish tiling work in kitchen --> hopefully can complete today :unsure:

5. water proof and build wet wash area in balcony --> hopefully can complete today :unsure:

6. Cement scree rest of balcony --> hopefully can complete today :unsure:

7. construct new TV wall with store room extension

8. run air con trunking and piping

9. plaster wall and paint

10. polish and make good upstairs and stairs parquet

11. Install downstairs laminate flooring

12. Install kitchen cabinets, wardrobe, settee

13. complete wiring and install lights and fans

14. Install book shelf, store room display door, and balcony timber overlay

15. Install grilles

16. move from old place to new place

17. allocate space for different items

18. unpack

19. put into place

20. shift things around

21. unpack

22. upack

23. unpack

Sounds like the workers are slowly increasing their pace. :) Good good, hope can finish soon. :D

thanks Angel for the encouragement.

Went by just. Upstairs common toilet tiled with wrong floor tiles. The other tiling works all kind of stopped because ran out of tiles. :bangwall: Whole place is like a junk yard. Don't even have space to walk. The hackers hacked the place, but left the debris there. :(

I've confirmed with my movers this morning that we'll move first Friday of Feb. Pray that all will go well. Otherwise, might have to use the unpacked boxes as stools for the CNY guests. ;)

Sorta of disappointed with the progress but the ID still insists that he can HO by end Jan and then plus 1 week in Feb to rectify issues.

Bad news is that i am out of the country during 3rd week and hope to settle structural and electrical before i fly. Still have to arrange for the Open Net contractor to come and install the fiber optic cable into the house before the L Box goes up.

No way i am having an extra trunking running into the house so i will have to pay extra :(

Need help on a laminate flooring concern.

The pergo guy came today and show us the wall skirting as well as molding strips. The colors of the skirting and molding strips don't exactly match the floor that we chose!

I asked him if the skirting and etc were from pergo and he say Yes.

So my question is it true that the skirting and molding strips will not match the color and texture for any laminate flooring? :unsure:

The pergo guy came today and show us the wall skirting as well as molding strips. The colors of the skirting and molding strips don't exactly match the floor that we chose!

So my question is it true that the skirting and molding strips will not match the color and texture for any laminate flooring? :unsure:

My previous EM laminated flooring from supreme has the same condition, the skirting color & the texture is NOT the same as the wooden-laminated planks....meaning = not the same manufacturing process......the only choice is to choose the most matching color tone to the laminated planks.......in my case, they even hv white-color skirting but I choose the darker tone(dark walnut color) skirting to match my flooring....

Note:

-Laminated wooden planks is compressed wood

-Skirting is normal wood with lamination

-molding strips/t-joints is normally pvc with lamination (normally used for joinings in-between doors entrance)

Hope these info helps!

My previous EM laminated flooring from supreme has the same condition, the skirting color & the texture is NOT the same as the wooden-laminated planks....meaning = not the same manufacturing process......the only choice is to choose the most matching color tone to the laminated planks.......in my case, they even hv white-color skirting but I choose the darker tone(dark walnut color) skirting to match my flooring....

Note:

-Laminated wooden planks is compressed wood

-Skirting is normal wood with lamination

-molding strips/t-joints is normally pvc with lamination (normally used for joinings in-between doors entrance)

Hope these info helps!

Cheers Bro, i thought i was being taken for a ride. :unsure:

I also call the other Pergo distributors and all of them gave me the same story. :(

Now wondering whether to let them try to get a close match or just get onoe that is totally off like white ;)

Updates

Ran out of wall tiles, so work stop pending delivery :curse:

Tiling work for the toilets were almost all done up, but MBR toilet had to stop cause ran out of tiles as 1 box were delivered with all the tiles broken !

Anyway all my windows were replaced but one panel were broken so someone would change it, either the windows guys or the tiling guys.

Best is my Best View window for living is finally up!

Closed

P1090005.jpg

Fully Open

P1090004.jpg

And finally they cleared the debris from the place!

Before

P1050076.jpg

After

P1090017.jpg

Workmanship not very good. Check it out.

P1090009.jpg

Details

P1090010.jpg

Anyway they got the color wrong so will hack it up again and relay.

We actually wanted a dark color tile to go with the wall but the ID says will clash with the green wall. Before tiling starts we actually confirm we want both common toilets to have the same black tiles like this.

P1090007.jpg

The beige that we saw really turned us off. :wacko:

Hi hi am using supreme for my current MBR the color is slight different..:)

How much you pay for your laminate flooring? You do laminate for all the bedrooms ?

Hi hi am using supreme for my current MBR the color is slight different..:)

How much you pay for your laminate flooring? You do laminate for all the bedrooms ?

Hi :)

Nope the laminates are only for ground floor. We pay $6.80 for pergo expression.

Workmanship not very good. Check it out.

P1090009.jpg

Details

P1090010.jpg

Anyway they got the color wrong so will hack it up again and relay.

We actually wanted a dark color tile to go with the wall but the ID says will clash with the green wall. Before tiling starts we actually confirm we want both common toilets to have the same black tiles like this.

P1090007.jpg

The beige that we saw really turned us off. :wacko:

wa..meaning they actually lay the wrong color tiles? :o

Hi :)

Nope the laminates are only for ground floor. We pay $6.80 for pergo expression.

Hi pergo 6.80 expression is AC3 rite? did you ask for discount? :rolleyes:

Hi pergo 6.80 expression is AC3 rite? did you ask for discount? :rolleyes:

Sorri what's AC3? We got the Ship's Desk Maritime Oak.

Did asked around and the rest was quoting us more than $7, so when we got $6.80 we grab lor. There are better prices? :unsure:

Sorri what's AC3? We got the Ship's Desk Maritime Oak.

Did asked around and the rest was quoting us more than $7, so when we got $6.80 we grab lor. There are better prices? :unsure:

I duno tot when we go to expo saw tat Pergo going for lifetime warranty type is going at 5plus? duno lay.. we ask for two different types AC5 and AC3 there are difference in pricing.. saw on the catalogue yes yours is lifetime warranty :);) so is AC5 :)