Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SGBuzz

New Hive

the interval between 2 lines are either 2 or 4 inches.

and each line can stretch another 1 inch.

meaning the biggest gap would be 4+1+1 = 6 inches.

might be a little tight for a small head.

but better be safe . . 20th storey for joseeng's place . .. better consider 2in if want.

tks ricanne (aka mrs sgbuzz) for your kind advice. will take note of the pointers you mentioned.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hahaha simple can always ask SGBuzz bro to let you check it out when his is installed or pop by the company in bishan to take a look :D

Hi, me also worried about the safety aspect. Where's the company located in Bishan? Mind posting or PM the address?

Hi, me also worried about the safety aspect. Where's the company located in Bishan? Mind posting or PM the address?

hi born again, you can visit their website at www.legate.com.sg for their office address.

In the end still decided to change the windows but then to change the windows and leave the 20 year old grilles in place is weird so bite the bullet also change the grille lor.

Main showcase will be the window in the living room. It is those slide and swing design so when totally open will not have any obstructions.

AMK725_01.jpg

We decide decide to add grille to the window for safety sake. When the kids are older maybe can remove. ;)

Hiya....Very interested on your swing slide window.....mind sharing the cost psf for the windows ?.......;-)

Hiya....Very interested on your swing slide window.....mind sharing the cost psf for the windows ?.......;-)

the quote/receipt listed the components as a lump . . .

its $5500 for:

(i) 5 normal alu (non-coated) windows

(ii) 1 BestView window

(iii) alu (non-coated) grilles for all 6 locations

Edited by ricanne

Just came back from lights shopping.

Went to this warehouse sale at Kaki Bukit. Prices are lower than what others are offering even lightings.com.

Example bought a 6" square down light cost me $25 and the KDK V60WK bought for $450. Lowest i was quoted is $490.

This is what i bought

PP-V60WK.gif

Also bought 3 Fanco 54" fan for the study, MBR and bedroom 1.

FF707-AB.gif

Bedroom 2 due to a double decker bed had to go for a shorter blade fan and we chose Amasco 42" Virgo series

Plus 2 kitchen lights, 3 toilet lights, dining room light, and a balcony light total damage came to 2.2K :(

we need to eat back some words. . .

went for so much shopping that i thought it was $490 for the KDK V60WK.

I was wrong. . .

it was $400!!!

aiya . . . wasted . . . :(

oh noes, got chopped. i record down the prices in my handphone so everytime i see cheaper prices, i record down.

shift the wall in so that it will:

(i) make the balcony bigger?

(ii) help to hide the pipe more easily?

sounds good enough.

but need to look at the drawings . . .

and the quotation . . .

i also have headaches with THAT PIPE!!! :bangwall:

Shift the wall in so that the balcony will be smaller and there will be a wall between the living and the balcony and thus having a bigger kitchen..

anyway..we are still in the midst of this...also duno how as alot of hacking= $$$$ lost.. :(:bangwall:

we need to eat back some words. . .

went for so much shopping that i thought it was $490 for the KDK V60WK.

I was wrong. . .

it was $400!!!

aiya . . . wasted . . . :(

Hiya ,

can share where you got the KDK fan ?

Many Thanks....

Progress has been slow :curse:

The old electrical stuffs has been dismantled and new trunking completed. Old aircon piping has also been dismantled. Finally the tiler can work on the wall.

Some drama yesterday. While my and the wife was upstairs checking the lights after delivery the tiler rush upstairs and told me my wall is leaking! :o

Went down and saw the main inlet was leaking and basically the dinning room was flooded. The bloke downstairs is not going to be happy :rolleyes:

So the plumber has to come and dismantle the box up and fixed the pipe.

PC300005.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Drama with the ID

After seeing how swee CJREDEVIL kitchen was, the wife also want to hack the wall between the kitchen and the balcony.

Borrow his photo :P

CIMG4141.jpg

But the ID say have to wait for HDB approval and they might want to get a CPE to certify that it is not a structural wall and that will take time. While the wrangling is going on the kitchen cannot be completed :(

Worse is that a new renovation permit needs to be applied and the existing owners are not in Singapore, need to go through their POA. Very Ma Fun.

I actually told my ID to leave a big hammer behind for me and i will hack the wall myself. That why they won't be implicated, but he very Kaisi lor.

In the end came up with a compromise. Remove the window and the door and replace with a sliding door like what CJREDDEVIL has. Won't be as nice but cannot afford to hold any work up.

Drama with the ID

After seeing how swee CJREDEVIL kitchen was, the wife also want to hack the wall between the kitchen and the balcony.

Borrow his photo :P

CIMG4141.jpg

But the ID say have to wait for HDB approval and they might want to get a CPE to certify that it is not a structural wall and that will take time. While the wrangling is going on the kitchen cannot be completed :(

Worse is that a new renovation permit needs to be applied and the existing owners are not in Singapore, need to go through their POA. Very Ma Fun.

I actually told my ID to leave a big hammer behind for me and i will hack the wall myself. That why they won't be implicated, but he very Kaisi lor.

In the end came up with a compromise. Remove the window and the door and replace with a sliding door like what CJREDDEVIL has. Won't be as nice but cannot afford to hold any work up.

Hi Buzz,

Good to hear that you are progressing well.

This wall is definately not a structural wall, ..... 8| .....why your ID so kiasi wan?.......if for me....i will proceed to hack whilst waiting for permit approval....it's just a small piece of wall ........as long as it's not a structure-beam........HDB will not care how you want to hack......

Believe me....it will definately look different without the wall.....trust me....it looks more spacious & bright....anyway, the ball is on your court..... :good: .....hahahhahaha

Cheers!

:yamseng:

:yamseng:

Drama with the ID

Hi SGBuzz, they're probably concerned about getting into trouble with hdb - even if you're the one who hacks it yourself with a hammer. Kiasi? Yes, I have to agree.

We faced the same thing with one of our windows. Cos ours are full-height windows in an old flat, HDB denied our request to remove the railings and have the windows changed. In one room, however, the railing had previously been removed. The technical officer in-charge of our block said that the previous owner had received permission to remove it (it was prior to 2007, when HDB changed the rules about 3/4 and full-height windows). Despite this, the sub-contractor that was handling our window grilles, refused to touch that window. They were afraid that they would somehow get accused of removing the railing (which had been removed years ago). So my contractor had to get a different company to install grilles for the one window!

Edited by macbart