Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
c00

Inappropriate Air Con Set Up

Dear All,

I just bought a new HDB unit in Jurong West area. The unit is on level 2 and honestly i really love my place. I've just moved in and stayed for a year plus. Recently, the area just below my unit was converted to a RC (Resident Committee) unit. Everything was all right until today i found the set up of their air con units outside the RC was quite inappropriate. The air cons were stacked up to my air-con ledge. There is an iron fence just below the air con units which i could not figure out the purpose. The setting made me feel very uncomfortable as i feel people could be able to climb up and reach my unit.

There are quite a number foreign workers in my area and they like to drink and hang around until midnight, especially during weekend and public holiday. This made me feel quite worry.

I don't know which dept (HDB, Town Council, etc) i should approach. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Can please share your experience and solution with me?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
try town council first

HI zhiz,

Thanks. I've called town council but they said they are not in charge for that, they need to find out which dept that is able to take care of my case. They will call me back tomorrow (which i think it's very unlikely)

Called HDB, they referrred me to Commercial Properties. Talked to the officer. Same reply, they said they will check and get back to me "shortly", but it's passed the whole morning time, no call from them also.

Sigh.

seems like a lot of taiji coming your way.

try the RC yet?

send official emails to town council and hdb as well.

seems like a lot of taiji coming your way.

try the RC yet?

send official emails to town council and hdb as well.

Hi zhiz,

No, the RC is not officially in operation yet. They have done the reno, i think they are doing some touch up and AC installation now.

Hence, there is no way to contact them.

Dear All,

I just bought a new HDB unit in Jurong West area. The unit is on level 2 and honestly i really love my place. I've just moved in and stayed for a year plus. Recently, the area just below my unit was converted to a RC (Resident Committee) unit. Everything was all right until today i found the set up of their air con units outside the RC was quite inappropriate. The air cons were stacked up to my air-con ledge. There is an iron fence just below the air con units which i could not figure out the purpose. The setting made me feel very uncomfortable as i feel people could be able to climb up and reach my unit.

There are quite a number foreign workers in my area and they like to drink and hang around until midnight, especially during weekend and public holiday. This made me feel quite worry.

I don't know which dept (HDB, Town Council, etc) i should approach. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Can please share your experience and solution with me?

All, maybe you can the picture of the setting that i posted in Singapore brides forum.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1259736587

Seriously, you shouldnt put up with it.

If its dragging too long, go to the Meet the People's Session and talk to the MP of your area.

If you geuinely think it may lead to burglary, you may even seek the opinon from the Police. Dun risk your family's safety.