Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babymushy

Difference In Cost Between Hiring An Interior Designer And A Contractor To Renovate?

Hi guys,

New to this but would like to check.

What is the difference in cost between hiring an interior designer and hiring a contractor?

What additional services does an interior designer do?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi babymushy....from what i understand, contractors will only follow what you want, they dont provide the idea behind the design. Ie, you give them the colors you want on your cabinets and they will do it for you. U engage an ID when u want input of ideas to the general theme u would like, ie: modern, cottage etc etc...

think designer charge 2k for their design fees but from what i know, they will normally waive it off when u engage them for reno

You can also consider the cost of getting contractors to retify problems if you are contacting contractors directly. Myself has had a few repainting done and retification done on cabinet etc. Sometimes one contractor damage something and you need to get the other contractor to fix it.

Having an ID solve this as the ID will coordinate all these foc.

Eg the mirror guy use strong tape on the wall and after peeling off, the paint came off as well.

You can also consider the cost of getting contractors to retify problems if you are contacting contractors directly. Myself has had a few repainting done and retification done on cabinet etc. Sometimes one contractor damage something and you need to get the other contractor to fix it.

Having an ID solve this as the ID will coordinate all these foc.

Eg the mirror guy use strong tape on the wall and after peeling off, the paint came off as well.

Hi BabyMushy,

Tried to PM you, but yr inbox is full.

If we have tight buget, isit that we stii can look fro id?

some contractor more ex than id. so whether they are id or contractor is just a name.

some contractor more ex than id. so whether they are id or contractor is just a name.

yeah, i agree with u, to get a good id is also diffcult

u got to travel here and there.,,, to search

u still can look for the id ,tell him,wat u wanna do and from there he will advise u hoe to work out u house reno, just like wat my id

did for me,,, :rolleyes:

from what i see, a few popular contractors in this forum already run road.

sad for those who got trapped.

Hi,

I suggest you looking Id firm because from my experience that before you comfirm with the contractor they always say ok, ok.

But after you sign with them they say not include this & that.

Like example before comfirm they say will help me to dismantle the ex kitchen cabinet, etc, etc but after i sign they say not include it need charge

inside the contract & after few item charge the total contract sum is more heighter that i looking the Id firm about 6k plus ...... & beside that they workmanship is very very bad & not responsible; before handover the house for me i told them my cabinet need to touch up but after 1 month i haven't see they coming & phone also not answer.

Now i buy a new condo, my Id give me the quo is very clear & i can say that i don seen that have any hidden cost inside.

Hi,

I suggest you looking Id firm because from my experience that before you comfirm with the contractor they always say ok, ok.

But after you sign with them they say not include this & that.

Like example before comfirm they say will help me to dismantle the ex kitchen cabinet, etc, etc but after i sign they say not include it need charge

inside the contract & after few item charge the total contract sum is more heighter that i looking the Id firm about 6k plus ...... & beside that they workmanship is very very bad & not responsible; before handover the house for me i told them my cabinet need to touch up but after 1 month i haven't see they coming & phone also not answer.

Now i buy a new condo, my Id give me the quo is very clear & i can say that i don seen that have any hidden cost inside.

another phantom member advertising own services?

HI Zhiz,

i am newbie, just ask how you know is phantom member??? :o

new members, register and post in the same day.

all post related to advertising their very good id/contractor.