Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Springf

Panasonic Washer Na-14va1was

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
did u ask the store which country it is made in?

if thailand, then forget abt it.

if not wrong, should be made in China.

anyway, most Electrolux brand one also made in Thailand! is there a problem for "made in Thailand"?

anyone?

That panasonic model should be a china/thailand model. Overall, I don't thimk the build quality is awesome as with most asian brands( too many plastic parts) But if features are what u r talking about, Its a very good buy and the price is very gd too! It even uses an inverter motor that are better than alot of motors in the market. The rpm is 1400 if I'm not wrong? The only cons I can think of is japanese brands like panasonic/hitachi/toshiba , they are trying to penetrate the front-loading market. But however, they always designed their washers sort of like a asian top loader hybrid, meaning the features and programs are what u likely to be accustomed to seeing in a top loader. So I do have slight doubts over their rinsing and washing capabilities, because front loaders normally washes differently from top loaders and they have not much experiences in building front loaders.

But from the specs, its incredibly value for $$$! happy shopping!

if not wrong, should be made in China.

anyway, most Electrolux brand one also made in Thailand! is there a problem for "made in Thailand"?

Yep...if it were up to some folks in the forum, all you be buying is Made in Germany/UK/USA/Italy/ Switzerland or whichever "perceived" better quality countries there are out there

Best to put your hand on your pocket and start with questions very centered on budget and usage & certainly NOT Where Its made?!!

1. What's my budget?

2. Best in the class for my budget

Simple logic...usually the more expensive the better...well maybe OR maybe not

If it shipped from a distant place, a place that pays pretty high wages expect to share the freight costs, labor costs, factory rentals, electricity blah blah blah

Many respected companies have moved to setting up their production lines where its cheaper...hey..sounds familiar ..yes Singapore used to be a huge factory for the world too...(hard disk, TVs, aircons, toys etc etc)

anyway if you ignore the noise on where its made...you may want to think abt..

Panasonic, Electrolux, Bosch, Volkswagen, Braun, Samsung,....too many to mention have cheaper production bases globally.

Yes according to some here, companies spending years of R&D, investment in these cheaper countries are working to screw YOU the end consumer of your precious dollars....you see here companies take steps to reduce costs or diversify their supply chain...their master plan is to run their company to the ground. they have no intention to keep their customers happy, they are happy for a quick buck and close down.

If you need reviews on something before buying...try to google its model add the word reviews...

Its easy to blame the Made in Asia product when thing go wrong...i wonder (god forbids) who gets the blame when you Made In Germany/Italy/US product breaks down

Seriously i know nuts about the Panasonic mentioned...i be very keen to hear what REAL owners/users have to have say and comment

My self i own so many house hold products its hilarious.

My washer is a Made in Thailand Bosch 7kg Maxx Classic washer, works like a dog x4-5 times a week for the past 2 years, cleans the stains, so simple the maid operates its with No fuss...then that's just me...i don't fret over a washer just bought something i could afford, had some green ticks, pretty well known in the market....going by some of the info here...i won't be surprised if some folks here are starting to build their own machines or send resumes to some of these companies or already have shares there......the persuasive /helpful/ information shared is scary ;-)

mine i grabbed it at courts when they had one of their crazy warehouse sales!!.,..what they do sometimes is unwrap a brand new machine, sell it as a display set..huge discount...its sits there for the duration of the sale...people fiddle with it when finally done they send it to me ;-)

anyways buy what you like but be careful when taking advice here, if its logical take it especially if you can afford it,

Lemons roll off the factory floor in every part of the world....white goods have a definite lifetime mileage.....yes some can last longer and some less long but again What is your budget....do the ones that last longer come with longer warranties or just "Talk" kind of warranty...talk is cheap especially if you find yourself out of warranty and some repairmen comes in a posh overall saying its $100 just to diagnose the problem...and some of the spare parts need x weeks to be flown in

oh well...maybe you can call the companies and find out cost of repair beyond warranty..

PS, the cars being recalled for Toyota aren't the Made in Thailand ones...well not yet, the recalls were assembled in US/ Europe by our dear faultless production line Ang Mo's!!..

and PS again, Volvo is a Swedish brand...superb at what they do/did, so good that they got bought up by Ford years ago...and when the economic crisis hit...Ford had to resell/dump them to a Chinese company called Geeely , Ford has also had to purge Saab,Aston Martin Land Rover....

It ain't personal is business....American GM has been struggling to sell Opel (many cars Made iN germany and europe)....maybe if Opel shuts its door they should send the 25,000 workers to the washing machine factories so the world can be filled with washers made in Germany

Hmmm......wonder if all washers made in Germany...what other elitist measure(s) can some of the forumers measure their "great" products on.

Happy choosing

Hi Sambal,

You've made some very good points there, agree with you about the shopping with best in budget class. I've personally bought the panasonic Na-14va1was. To answer the forumer's question about good deals, someone mentioned in another panasonic thread that this model is going for 999 with $250 vouchers from best denki.

Nevertheless, I don't think going for made in european products is an elitist thing. If you can afford it, then by all means. I've used a made-in-china electrolux vacumm cleaner during my student days, didn't last me 2 years. Traded it in for a >10 yr old refurbished miele and never looked back. Besides durability, it never lost suctioning power. Bought a new miele now but sigh can't afford the washing machine. LOL

Yes there might be some crappy/emotion-based feedback in this forum but overall it's a good place to pick up info. For instance, ppl who don't have the patience to visit 10 ID's before settling on one. Good service should be rewarded, I would have bought furniture from mode/red apple had I not been forwarned from this forum.

cheers!

just bought this model $899 +$200 NTUC vouchers at Best Denki yesterday. i looked around most shops selling at $1099 and dont have NTUC vouchers anymore

just bought this model $899 +$200 NTUC vouchers at Best Denki yesterday. i looked around most shops selling at $1099 and dont have NTUC vouchers anymore

good buy... best is having promo and still able to pay using installment.

hope i can get similar offer on jun

Hi,

Can anyone comment on this washing machine performance?

Operation quiet?

Quickest wash time?

Spin Only option?

Any other cons??

Thank you...