Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
htng

Anyone Has Any Buying Experience From Species At Furniture Mall

I just place a deposit of $100 for their $5988 package which include 1 Marble dinning table with 4 chairs, 4 seater sofa + ottoman, 1 tv console and 1 coffee table.

How is their sofa quality? They showed me the cut out layer of how they made their sofa and claimed that their support below is made of jet spring better then Loranzo. They also do export too!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
did you get those dark glass coffee table and console?

Do they really do exports? From what i know they get their stuffs from sungei kadut factories.

bought a full leather leather sofa from them few months back. so far so good. browsed many and it was Species that have something that is within my budget and both my wife and I liked the comfort level.

The salesperson told mi that their sofas are custom made ones. Hence I can customise the length (number of seating), got L or without, colour, stitching colour etc. Maybe becos need to customise, I waited for about 2 months to get the sofa.

customised a L-shaped sofa at species (ambitiously asked them to lengthen to 3m... now my living room looks so small, but its **** nice. wanted it to be a centrepiece. now REALLY is the mainpiece. haha) .

anyway, the nice salesgirl said can deliver in 5 weeks. but i say no hurry. gave her 9 weeks to do a good job. n viola, a great sofa now sitting in the middle of my living room :)

after my bad experience with another shop, i was actually apprehensive of getting customised furniture, but species surprised me. the workmanship and material is good, as promised. might consider to go back again, despite the price. if i can get peace of mind. why not rite?

Hey everyone,

bewarned!! I am newbie in this as its my first furniture purchase. I would advice against going to species home furnishing.Their sales staff are very pushy and rude. The one who serviced me is candice aw(欧思伶).She is very persuasive and experienced talker. At first, i'm won over by their furniture design and her glib talking. I placed a deposit and later found that its too late for regrets.

Those sales person from species like to talk bad about their competitors,from what i observed. After talking bad about their competitors,they will promote their own furnitures. this is when they will try to win you over by their sweet talk. They will say that now the furniture is on promotion for a limited period only, if you don't buy now you may miss it. They are good at playing psychology, don't trust them, its just their sales tactic. Then they will ask you to put a deposit. If you change your mind later, they can still keep your deposit.

Their warranty terms are the worse among all the other competitors.I asked what if the leather has manufacturer defect on it? Candice aw(欧思伶) replied that there's no warranty on the leather. She said that if i fail to detect any defects upon delivery,than its not their problem already.Their warranty on mechanism is only one year as compared to two/three years(their competitors).

What made me mad is that when i told her this is the hardest decision in my life to make(jesting only), their sales person replied me:"you're the type of buyer that i never ever came across too". When i'm pondering whether to buy the sofa,another sales staff can ask me stupid question like why am i looking at the furniture.

Takecare.

Edited by relaxman