Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ninja3101

5 Room Ea @ Hougang

Hi ninja may i know what is rocket switch ?? :unsure:

Anyway I've asked my electrician to quote me to change my whole house switches to Clipsal LED kind which cost abt $400.

4255838371_bf0913a257_m.jpg

Hi Coffee_o

The Clipsal switches , some people call it rocket or giant switch. Does the $400 include the single & double power points to be Clipsal ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Mine's Hamed AND Kennes from Delta. I have 2 but the progress seems so much slower than yours :(

My work with C L A S S I C is 30 but my carpentry, windows, floors all not from them. Total up would be close to 60K ( i hope :unsure: )

The workers start hacking from 04 Jan - 06 Jan.Then on the 07 Jan they start to lay tiles for Kitchen , 2 toilet wall & floor. What makes you said my renovation is faster than yours ?

My renovation almost everything are done by C L A S S I C except 4 bedrooms bulid-in wardrobes. My frens told me if get all renovation done by a same contractors will be expensive.But my mother seem keen to let C L A S S I C do the bedroom's wardrobes as well.So your carpentry , windows and floors r done by Delta ?

Edited by ninja3101

I am meeting the electrical guy to check out the switches next week. Most prob will be normal types from clipsal. My quote originally have electrical testing but the new regulations make it so mah fun that i am dropping it. So will use the testing cost to top up the switches.

The PUB testing cost $250. So is not must to do the PUB testing ?

Hi Coffee_o

The Clipsal switches , some people call it rocket or giant switch. Does the $400 include the single & double power points to be Clipsal ?

Oh i see din know abt it :P

Eh i do not think so as I will be replacing light switches only but not power points switches, will have to verify with my electrician again. :)

Edited by coffee_o

The workers start hacking from 04 Jan - 06 Jan.Then on the 07 Jan they start to lay tiles for Kitchen , 2 toilet wall & floor. What makes you said my renovation is faster than yours ?

My renovation almost everything are done by C L A S S I C except 4 bedrooms bulid-in wardrobes. My frens told me if get all renovation done by a same contractors will be expensive.But my mother seem keen to let C L A S S I C do the bedroom's wardrobes as well.So your carpentry , windows and floors r done by Delta ?

Bro mine 12 days already, tiling works has yet to complete 3 toilets and 1 kitchen niah. Even the hacking still have 1 more roof to dismantle. Some work are done because i use my own contractor for the windows. The one that is fast is the wiring works. Even then now also stop because waiting for the rest to catch up.

Nope my Carpentry done by Reich Kitchen and Ban Carpentry, Windows by Decrorille, flooring by Floorich.

The PUB testing cost $250. So is not must to do the PUB testing ?

Nope its not. Because when i talked to the electrician he told me to pass PUB regulations my DB box has to be max at 1.8m height, and all those switches that are hard to access like for your fridge you need to run a on / off switch to somewhere that's accessible. :(

For me no way. You will end up with switches all over the place and the DB box will be an eye sore at 1.8m unless you build a cabinet to hide it :rolleyes:

Bro mine 12 days already, tiling works has yet to complete 3 toilets and 1 kitchen niah. Even the hacking still have 1 more roof to dismantle. Some work are done because i use my own contractor for the windows. The one that is fast is the wiring works. Even then now also stop because waiting for the rest to catch up.

Nope my Carpentry done by Reich Kitchen and Ban Carpentry, Windows by Decrorille, flooring by Floorich.

Bro , u r so resourceful. Got so many contractors to do your house. U and MrsBuzz must have spend a lot of time sourcing out for contractors. By the way up to till now I have not engage the movers. Who do you engage to move your house ? Do they provide free boxes ?

Bro , u r so resourceful. Got so many contractors to do your house. U and MrsBuzz must have spend a lot of time sourcing out for contractors. By the way up to till now I have not engage the movers. Who do you engage to move your house ? Do they provide free boxes ?

We engaged Soon Seng Transport. They come highly recommended by my brother who has been using them for the last 2 years on a corporate basis. So far, they have not failed my brother, and with me. Ha! They might not come cheap. But they are reputable and no hidden cost. Boxes are free, but comes with a deposit of $2 per box. If you damage them, you gotta forfeit the deposit. I found one bad box in my lot, and they noted it and agreed not to forfeit. :rolleyes:

Anyone knows where I can buy cheap Kitchen and toilet accessories ?

Please provide the shop name and address ?

Try Ms Kee @ Toa Payoh...

IMG_3938.jpg

this reminds me of ikea's hinges and door dampener, except that they are integrated together

this reminds me of ikea's hinges and door dampener, except that they are integrated together

I prefer the integrated silence hinges but my ID give me FOC so can't ask for much. :(

R u using slience hinges as well ? got pictures to share ?