Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ninja3101

5 Room Ea @ Hougang

I went to choose titles at HAFARY last week. This is the Kitchen floor titles 30 X60 (Rectangular titles) I have chosen

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae131/n...oorTitles-1.jpg

But I see most people using 30X30 for Kitchen is it because the kitchen flooring will look nicer and bigger with more square tiles and the water proofing concern ? Below is a example of the 30X30 titles.

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae131/n...loorTitles1.jpg

Please comments and advice.Thanks.

Edited by ninja3101

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I went to choose titles at HAFARY last week. This is the Kitchen floor titles 30 X60 (Rectangular titles) I have chosen

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae131/n...oorTitles-1.jpg

But I see most people using 30X30 for Kitchen is it because it the kitchen flooring will look nice and bigger with more square tiles and the water proofing concern ? Below is a example of the 30X30 titles.

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae131/n...loorTitles1.jpg

Please comments and advice.

I also used 30x60 for kitchen, i've seen someone using 60x60 too, i believe the reason why ppl prefer smaller tiles is becos of the "water flood" when you do wash your floor but this is seldom the case for kitchen but more so for toilets.

That's also the reason why most of the guys here use 30x30 for toilets instead of 30x60 :)

Yah, it's easier for the water to flow to the drainage area if u use 30x30. But since I dun flood my kitchen, I chose 30x60 tiles for my kitchen floor tiles.

Here comes the Titles I have chosen

Living Room and Bedrooms Floor Granite Tiles

01LivingBedroomtitles.jpg

Kitchen Floor Titles

03KitchenFloorTitles.jpg

Kitchen Wall Titles

01KitchenWallTitles1A.jpg

Toilet Wall Titles1

04ToiletWallTitles1B.jpg

Edited by ninja3101

Here comes the Titles I have chosen

Kitchen Floor Titles

03KitchenFloorTitles.jpg

Kitchen Wall Titles

01KitchenWallTitles1A.jpg

Hi Ninja3101, I think the colors of the floor and wall tiles look too similar. I do not know how your kitchen layout will be. But assuming after kitchen capentry is up and u are still able to see quite a big area of wall tiles, then there will be a lack of constrast between the floor and wall. The space will look a bit smaller and ceiling will look lower because our sense is unable to differentiate the height between the ceiling and the ground. This is also the problem with some hotel ballrooms. If u do pay more attention to hotel ballrooms, some of them give u a very low ceiling feeling becos the color of the carpet is very similar to their wall color. Sometimes it is not becos the ceiling is really very low but becos our sense tell us so. This is how our brain interpret I guess. I hope u get what I mean. Just my opinion la. :) Enjoy your reno process!

Hi Ninja3101, I think the colors of the floor and wall tiles look too similar. I do not know how your kitchen layout will be. But assuming after kitchen capentry is up and u are still able to see quite a big area of wall tiles, then there will be a lack of constrast between the floor and wall. The space will look a bit smaller and ceiling will look lower because our sense is unable to differentiate the height between the ceiling and the ground. This is also the problem with some hotel ballrooms. If u do pay more attention to hotel ballrooms, some of them give u a very low ceiling feeling becos the color of the carpet is very similar to their wall color. Sometimes it is not becos the ceiling is really very low but becos our sense tell us so. This is how our brain interpret I guess. I hope u get what I mean. Just my opinion la. :) Enjoy your reno process!

Hi Mickey M, I get what you mean. The kitchen's floor tile is recommend by the ID and my mother's agree with it as old people don like tiles to be too dark. I agree with your opinion and feel the same too. So u think , what colour of the kitchen's tiles will be suitable ?

These are the pre-renovation pictures Part 1

Maindoor & Storeroom

01-1.jpg

Dining Room

02-1.jpg

Living Room

03.jpg

Ceiling Fan

04.jpg

Kitchen

05.jpg

Edited by ninja3101

yup!

sorry about that.

was replying to other thread . . .

i am at hougang too.

moving from ave 6 to street 21.

where is your new place?

that view . . . is that facing SK?

yup!

sorry about that.

was replying to other thread . . .

i am at hougang too.

moving from ave 6 to street 21.

where is your new place?

that view . . . is that facing SK?

it ok. :) I post wrongly as I create a new topic.

The new place at Hougang Street 51 near to Hougang Green Mall Shopping Centre.

I am currently staying in SK.

The new place is in very bad condition. Almost everything need to renovate.

Have u got your key to your street 21 house ?

Edited by ninja3101