Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahwong

Replacing Toilet Door Frame, Is Ti Possible?

Both my toilets are using some kind of steel door frame... The bottom portions rusted heavily.

I wish to replace them with wooden frame. Anyone had done that before? Seems like need to hack slightly and existing tiles may have to be replaced...

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

the floor tiles need to be hacked off. the walls around the frame will be damaged and need to be refurbished. and from what i heard. not many pple can do it very well...

hi, instead of wood, perhaps you can consider using PVC which more durable since the toilet is a wet area....

if you buy a new toilet door, they will most probably include the dismantling and new frame installation for you as a package... makes it more fuss free for you...

the floor tiles need to be hacked off. the walls around the frame will be damaged and need to be refurbished. and from what i heard. not many pple can do it very well...

Hi,

that is what I thought...

I already tried to repair them by sawing off bottom (about 4-5 inches) and filled them with white cement.. it works but not elagant...

The best is to replace them once and for all... looks like not a simple task...

Hi,

that is what I thought...

I already tried to repair them by sawing off bottom (about 4-5 inches) and filled them with white cement.. it works but not elagant...

The best is to replace them once and for all... looks like not a simple task...

Yes you will need to replace it once and for all. Its better this way. If your toilet door is situated at / near a wet spot, then go for the aluminium type of door frames which may last longer. Some toilets are kept dry so wood frames are still possible. Looks quite good too!

Some of the door suppliers quote for just 'Supply and Install' and may not include the removal of your existing frame. Check with them first.

Both my toilets are using some kind of steel door frame... The bottom portions rusted heavily.

I wish to replace them with wooden frame. Anyone had done that before? Seems like need to hack slightly and existing tiles may have to be replaced...

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Hacking it away sure damage the door way and whether there are metal rods and metal brackets within the frame itself is another issues. Make good the door way after hacking is another cost, beside retiling a few pieces of floor tiles and wall tiles are also another cost (normally they count at 1 lump sum cos is only a few pieces). Waterproofing need to do? And all this still didn't include the cost of the toilets door frame.

Hacking it away sure damage the door way and whether there are metal rods and metal brackets within the frame itself is another issues. Make good the door way after hacking is another cost, beside retiling a few pieces of floor tiles and wall tiles are also another cost (normally they count at 1 lump sum cos is only a few pieces). Waterproofing need to do? And all this still didn't include the cost of the toilets door frame.

When I saw off the bottom part , just about 4-5 inches, itself is extremely hard to remove.. yes, there are metal rod penetrated into the cement work...

I can imagine to remove the whole frame is extemely costly... Why HDB uses metal for wetted toilet in the 1st place?