Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newcondo

Renovation For A Condo Unit

Hi folks,

First & foremost, Happy new year to all you!!!

Just wanna seek some advice from you, especially those who have been through this before :)

As you can tell from the Topic Title, the unit concerned here is a condo, with most of the stuff already done up.

So much of my previous experiences involved in renovating my HBD unit may not be relevant already.

Anyway, that was almost 10 years ago!! Much might have changed since then :)

So for those of you who had experiences in renovating your condo, will really appreciate if you can share your experiences.

E.g.

1) Should I engage an ID or simply look out for a contractor? Pro & Cons?

2) Any good recommendation on Pt 1...considering that there would be minimal wet works, I think :)

3) What was the extent of the works done & the $$ involved.

Any other advices will be very much appreciatied too.

Cheers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Have you got your renovation done yet?

I am also in the midst of getting quotation for my 2bedder condo, seems that for condo renovation, they cost much more than HDB.

Would be great if you can share with me your reno cost.

Thanks

hi guys, am doing up my brand new condo now also... quite a bit of carpentry, total is bout $16k, not including electrical... bit on the high side but i have quite a bit of carpentry to be done.

am using esthetix design on the recommendation of a friend.

hi guys, am doing up my brand new condo now also... quite a bit of carpentry, total is bout $16k, not including electrical... bit on the high side but i have quite a bit of carpentry to be done.

am using esthetix design on the recommendation of a friend.

Hi! How big/how many rooms is your condo? Is $16k considered a lot? My budget was about $20k for a resale condo, 3-rooms, not sure if it is a realistic sum, so just wanted to find out.

With regards to carpentry, mainly feature walls, in the living/dining/corridor area and the master bedroom. Not sure why one of the IDs we approached charged us about $28k (and up!), though he was recommended by a friend and seems quite reliable and easy-going... :)

Hi! How big/how many rooms is your condo? Is $16k considered a lot? My budget was about $20k for a resale condo, 3-rooms, not sure if it is a realistic sum, so just wanted to find out.

With regards to carpentry, mainly feature walls, in the living/dining/corridor area and the master bedroom. Not sure why one of the IDs we approached charged us about $28k (and up!), though he was recommended by a friend and seems quite reliable and easy-going... :)

hi, mine is 3 bedrooms, 1529 sq ft, i did a lot of carpentry, costs about 14k alone for the caprentry.... and it's true, all contractors/ID's have different prices for condo vs HDB's. My ID told me sincerely.

Mine will go up to about 22k including all electrical and plumbing.... coz I tiled up the wall in the back yard.... plus added more caprentry!

hi, mine is 3 bedrooms, 1529 sq ft, i did a lot of carpentry, costs about 14k alone for the caprentry.... and it's true, all contractors/ID's have different prices for condo vs HDB's. My ID told me sincerely.

Mine will go up to about 22k including all electrical and plumbing.... coz I tiled up the wall in the back yard.... plus added more caprentry!

I suppose its more expensive because the impression of condo dwellers are they are rich.

I suppose its more expensive because the impression of condo dwellers are they are rich.

Ya its true, normally quote 20-30% more than HDB, but there are still some quote the same as to HDB owners. Beside there is the deposit they need to put down to the management, the timing of the works able to carried out is different from HDB also. Ever came across the reno work can start from 9.30am to 11.30am, then 2pm - 4.30pm...so u see its will take double the time for the work to complete, how not to charge more?

hi there,

same here, i only need carpentry work in my brand new 2 bedrooms condo, any thoughts of these IDs?

Vogue Design Place

Unimax Creative

Inside Story

Project Station

size="3"]how come we SUMMIT DESIGN thread was gone... i found out something EVEN more interesting . there is a company call inside xxxxxxx renovation company. they used to have 2 bosses in the company in kaki bukit.. they split up and one of the boss form up Summit DESIGN in joo chiat.

ZHIZ,all of us have been suspecting something after reading the post by zingwalker2. can u tell us since u are the senior member in the forum, u seems to be hidding a lot of dark secrets.any remarks since to be deleted after people post on the summit thread, can u tell us why this is happening????unless u are???hpoe everyone out there can vote of evcen find out or dig out more information abt this spam. is it fair for us???

Hi Spammer

I work in a bank. What do you want to find out?

I am also in the midst of looking for ID/contractor for my new condo.

Any recommendation for a good, reliable yet creative ID? I have been reading in this forum...too much choices also headache. Argh.

try this contractor, not ID.

Patrick 9661 1162

he has just finished my reno at northoaks...

he is a patient guy. some work he will hands on for u, and not just monitoring.

tel him im alex, north oaks/