Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue218

Ea@sembawang Aka Blue Riverview

It's time to start off my T-Blog. Bought this odd looking design EA at Sembawang. First appoint on 12th March 2009.

I bought the level 15 unit and it's totally unblock. Here are some photos. I will need all the expertise here on the reno... :)

This is the building, quite unique with it's all round blue tinted full-height windows and window frames.

2v81u95.jpg

Unique high ceiling lift lobby.

sw3cax.jpg

Looking down from the balcony.

16pji8.jpg

Looking out from the balcony.

2z4wo06.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome to Reno T-Blog :). I like full-height windows ! Very classy. And the views from your windows are very nice (will be even nicer if the river water is blue) :). Have you started looking for ID? Happy reno!

Edited by SGK

Here's the floor plan (Not according to scale/measurement, will update one later).

There are a number of items that we will be doing.

1. Re-do (hack and re-lay) both MBR and Common bathroom.

2. Re-do (hack and re-lay) kitchen/service balcony and cabinets.

3. Still deciding what to do with the study corner and balcony.

4. What to do with existing flooring (it's the old HDB ceramic tiles). I don't like it but I wanted to keep the existing feature wall and built-in furnitures of the existing owner because it looks modern and good.

I will start off with the kitchen. The shape of the kitchen is odd with a narrow entrance. The floor plan indicates the existing kitchen layout. My wife feels stuffy when entering the kitchen because of the narrow entrance. Furthermore the fridge location added the stuffiness. She wanted to tear down the service balcony glass door and window so that she could put the fridge somewhere there. I don't really like to tear that down.

Any suggestion? We wanted a bright and open-concept kitchen.

Floor Plan.

se6mbm.jpg

Existing Kitchen, very messy and stuffy!

30c13yx.jpg

1z3pl5t.jpg

Edited by blue218

This is the existing study corner. My maid and son in the background. ;)

I don't like the open concept for study room. I am thinking of building a glass wall and door, if within budget.

Any better idea to make it more privacy?

2qukwwn.jpg

Edited by blue218

Welcome to Reno T-Blog :). I like full-height windows ! Very classy. And the views from your windows are very nice (will be even nicer if the river water is blue) :). Have you started looking for ID? Happy reno!

No, I am looking around. :)

Here's the floorplan.

There are a number of items that we will be doing.

1. Re-do (hack and re-lay) both MBR and Common bathroom.

2. Re-do (hack and re-lay) kitchen/service balcony and cabinets.

3. Still deciding what to do with the study corner and balcony (I need the study corner because I wanted 4 rooms - that is, my study/games room :-D)

4. What to do with existing flooring (it's the old HDB ceramic tiles). I don't like it but I wanted to keep the existing feature wall and built-in furnitures of the existing owner because it looks modern and good.

I will start off with the kitchen. The shape of the kitchen is odd with a narrow entrance. The floor plan indicates the existing kitchen layout. My wife feels stuffy when entering the kitchen because of the narrow entrance. Furthermore the fridge location added the stuffiness. She wanted to tear down the service balcony glass door and window so that she could put the fridge somewhere there. I don't really like to tear that down.

Any suggestion? We wanted a bright and open-concept kitchen.

Floor Plan.

se6mbm.jpg

Existing Kitchen, very messy and stuffy!

30c13yx.jpg

1z3pl5t.jpg

welcome to RT....blue,

Nice views , luv the balcony....

uhmmm....very unique/odd floorplan layout...not easy to plan huh?

wah.. very unique & quite challenging layout! How abt building a "in the cabinet" fridge? THe only problem with that is if it breaks down u hv to get a same one or get one of smiliar/smaller dimensions..

I would do a sliding partial glass/ partial wood door study entrance coz its near the main door.. If u sit facing the kitchen direction, the glass allows u to see whos outside while having ur privacy as they cant see wats on ur computer/tv screen.. :D

I am still looking for a contractor for my house. Have been busy on business trip in the past few weeks... :-(

Here's the items that I would be doing and I am budgeting 15k, do you think that is enough? Is there any contractors around who would like to take up this cheap jobs?

1. Re-do (hack and re-lay, or overlay) both MBR and Common bathroom floors and walls.

2. Box up pipes.

3. Re-do (hack and re-lay, overlay) kitchen/service balcony and kitchen cabinets.

4. Glass partitions for study corner.

5. Remove balcony sliding doors. Raise timber (laminates) platform flooring.

6. Windows for balcony.

7. Feature wall with console.

Thanks.

Your place very challenging to the id, can't see any wall that is right angle. :)

That's make the place unique. And because there is hardly any right angles, many people don't like it and we are able to buy an EA at $425k at this high time. :D

Edited by blue218

425k only? thats a steal. just curious, is there any cov?

The valuation is $405k, which was done 3 months back. I bought the house with only 2 days to the expiration of the valuation. The owner wanted to revalue their unit as they probably knew that the valuation is definitely more than that. They asked for $50k COV, but we negotiated to $20k. In any case, I think that $20k is still reasonable. I believe that if we negotiate hard enough, we can actually come out with no cash. Well, we like the house so we decided to pay $20k and sign-off immediately without having to revaluate the unit.

Finally got a quotation. Do you think this is reasonable? There are quite a few items missing such as windows grille and windows for the balcony. I will have to talk to the ID again.

I have not decide what to do for the room yet. Maybe parquet or maybe laminates. Here's my floor plan for my design.

dh77go.jpg

Edited by blue218