Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue218

Ea@sembawang Aka Blue Riverview

dh77go.jpg

Looks like you knocked off a wall to your service balcony, is it? Brighter and airy now?

For the study, maybe you can install glass wall with blinds or curtains for privacy?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The valuation is $405k, which was done 3 months back. I bought the house with only 2 days to the expiration of the valuation. The owner wanted to revalue their unit as they probably knew that the valuation is definitely more than that. They asked for $50k COV, but we negotiated to $20k. In any case, I think that $20k is still reasonable. I believe that if we negotiate hard enough, we can actually come out with no cash. Well, we like the house so we decided to pay $20k and sign-off immediately without having to revaluate the unit.

20 k really not bad liao . I got friend who pay 30k COV for 2nd floor unit

Finally got a quotation. Do you think this is reasonable? There are quite a few items missing such as windows grille and windows for the balcony. I will have to talk to the ID again.

161kriu.jpg

I have not decide what to do for the room yet. Maybe parquet or maybe laminates. Here's my floor plan for my design.

dh77go.jpg

If GST is already included, the quote is quite comparable to mine, maybe very slightly higher in the carpentry. You may want to ask for a goodwill discount, say round off to 22k (a bit too much but no harm trying).

For windows grilles, you can ask them to quote you, but you can also source for your own and let your ID coordinate the installation. This is what I did. The window contractor I used quoted me more than $1500 cheaper than my ID for changing all the windows and installing the grilles. Even my ID admitted that it is cheap. PM me if you need his contact.

20 k really not bad liao . I got friend who pay 30k COV for 2nd floor unit

Is your friend's house opposite any mrt station? 2nd floor also needs to pay 30K COV :o

This is the final quotation from my ID. I find that the prices are kind of on the higher side, what do you guys think? I need to finalize soon as I need the reno to starts by 28th April.

Thanks in advance for all your comments.

Edited by blue218

This is the final quotation from my ID. I find that the prices are kind of on the higher side, what do you guys think? I need to finalize soon as I need the reno to starts by 28th April.

2wovqxs.png

1zx9mwh.png

fdrsb5.png

I find the pricing quite comparable to mine so the reliability and attitude of the ID should be the main factor. If you want to save some money, you can consider using aluminium grilles instead of wrought iron ones for the windows that face open air. Wrought iron is good for preventing burglars from breaking into the house so only corridor-facing windows really need that.

2wovqxs.png

1zx9mwh.png

fdrsb5.png

It depends on you whether you want to engage the services of ID or the services of individual subcontractors. Usually the services of ID are more expensive than sub-contractors. However, you need time and effort to co-ordinate the sub-contractors if you decided that it is a cheaper source.

I find the pricing quite comparable to mine so the reliability and attitude of the ID should be the main factor. If you want to save some money, you can consider using aluminium grilles instead of wrought iron ones for the windows that face open air. Wrought iron is good for preventing burglars from breaking into the house so only corridor-facing windows really need that.

I am comfortable with this ID. He did my current house 6 years back and I am very happy with the workmanship of his carpenters. My wife wanted wrought iron grille because she wants it to look good. I will probably go with this ID and sign-off the quotation this coming week.

Finally collected the keys today. Here's the condition of the house, it was very dirty... especially the toilets, it's in an undesirable condition.

Reno starts tomorrow... will post more photos are that.

Living Room - Will build a simple wall-hanged TV console here. Will change ceiling fan.

Master Room - Build King Size bed frame with cushion headboard. TV hanging on wall opposite bed.

Common Room #1 - Daughter's room, paint pink with Princess wall decal

Common Room #2 - 2 year old son's playroom. Paint blue with Thomas & Friends wall decal.

Thanks to SGK, I got a very cheap quote for wrought iron grille.

Edited by blue218

More photos...

Study Room - Long wall-mounted desk and shelvings on the side.

Master Toilet - Overlay, vanity top and cabinet. Replace with Dahill toilet bowl and basin.

Common Toilet - Overlay, vanity top and cabinet. Replace with Dahill toilet bowl and basin.

Kitchen - Hack and relay. Kitchen cabinet.

Edited by blue218

wow, that's a really unique floor plan! should be fun to do up!!

Good luck in your reno... lots of experts here!

Thanks. How is the quote from Class Curtains?

Today is the first day of reno. Hackings and hackings... We have given our ID 10 days to work on it.

Toilet Bowls & Shower Screen removed

Edited by blue218