Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mirkhanus

Shopping Trip In Jb

how about renovation from johor? i was told that getting a renovation contractor from jb to come singapore do reno is much much cheaper but i don't know how to go about it. any idea?

Not sure about that but you gotta remember, even though most of the sub-contractors are from JB themselves, the raw materials come from Singapore. Maybe it might be cheaper but getting the materials over from JB may prolong your reno time.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
This is the best I can do thus far. For those interested in JB shopping for lightings and fans, this is the most simplified route I can offer on map.

th_77179_JB01_122_43lo.jpgth_77188_JB02_122_74lo.jpgth_77196_JB03_122_975lo.jpg

Is these pictures the route from woodland link or JB?

We are thinking of heading there this weekend and wonder if we can persuade our driver make a short trip there :)

This is the best I can do thus far. For those interested in JB shopping for lightings and fans, this is the most simplified route I can offer on map.

th_77179_JB01_122_43lo.jpgth_77188_JB02_122_74lo.jpgth_77196_JB03_122_975lo.jpg

Tks a lot.

Your directions is very clear.

Most probably we are getting lightings in JB.

Did you calculate how much you save?

I've bought lightings from JB before and let me tell you the ones in town are so expensive.

I bought this Elmark fan with light and it costs only RM220 in Pandan while in Sentosa its about RM380 !!!!!!

Look at the vast difference, even though its still cheap when converted to our currency, but still we get to save alot and buy more things!

hey, where is this place call Pandan?

If you've got GPS, perhaps you can try keying in this address for the Tampoi Lighting Centre,

No 2,4,6, Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1, Taman Tampoi Indah, 81200, Johor Bahru.

I went there last Monday to get the Alpha S100 water heaters with the T4 extended rails.

Alpha S100 (with T4 extended rails) = RM420 ($175)

Alpha S100 (with normal T2 rails = RM340 ($141)

is there any other lighting shop in johor area ???

went in today to get KDK fan found out that this tampoi shop selling KDK fan more expensive then what i brought..

which shop selling light at reasonable price, i don't to get con as there's are alot dishonest shop. cos recently i bought some furniture from beng tuan but they never delivery mattress protector instead of extra mattress.

any shop provided free installation.

Hi all,

I am also thinking of going JB for lightings and fans. But the problem is I dun have a car myself.

Could anyone tell me where got car rental with driver provided in sg?

Many thanks!

after buying from jb, then get own electrician to install (who will charge of cos)....dun need it is worth the trip

I beg to differ. The same lights which I bought for S$12.50 (with GST) from JB are selling for $22 here. Even with installation costs of $5 per point, it'll add up to S$17.50. That's $4.50 savings per point. If you factor in the average of 50 lighting points, that's S$225 savings.

Also, you get to top up cheap petrol and food... Hahahaha!

Does anyone knows how much is the price of downlight there....?

Thanks

It range between $20 - $60 :: depending on how much the shop wanna carrot you as well. Go to lighting.com at Balestier to check as well.

Just a question for those bros who purchased Alpha from Tampoi. How do you install the remote switch onto the ceiling fan if u wanna forgo the traditional rotary switch? Can they do it before you bring back to SG ?

Hi to those who have bought their fans and lights from JB:

May I know how much the customs tax is usually? Coz if we buy from there and after the tax, we don't really save much, then may not have much point - after all, you 'lose' if you buy in JB coz no warranty possible.

Pls advise on the customs tax issue. I'm gg to recce this weekend so hope someone replies soon. Thanks!

Hi to those who have bought their fans and lights from JB:

May I know how much the customs tax is usually? Coz if we buy from there and after the tax, we don't really save much, then may not have much point - after all, you 'lose' if you buy in JB coz no warranty possible.

Pls advise on the customs tax issue. I'm gg to recce this weekend so hope someone replies soon. Thanks!

I just went to JB to get my KDK fans.

The shop is the one recommended by one of the brothers here. It's near palangi plaza.

You just need to pay GST if you exceed the quota (counted per day per pax).

For my case, my wife was not available, so I went into JB alone and bought around RM$500 worth of products.

I drove into the red lane and paid my GST.... it was less than SGD$9 (not sure how they count).

Very worth the price considering that it only took me around 2 hrs to drive in and out to get the stuffs....

Washed my car and pumped full tank as well.... :)