Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
velv

~* Its Our Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yeah, my first thought too!!

Lol same thoughts here as well.

This house will definately have alot of "Feng" :P

Yes this is in fact the first time I owned ceiling fans at home. quiet cool after we put them up = / though not use to having the main light replace.

This week was unable to update reno statu as I was basically drowned by high volume of work load

There had been quiet a number of changes to the apartment together with its fair amount of hiccups..

1. New ceiling fans light bulbs delivered as warm instead of white light bulbs

2. New down light bulbs delivered as white instead of warm lights..

Above two are meant to be different even though this wasn't our plan on the light colors... but maybe this was just fated, so we decided to leave them be.

3. Ceiling fan - 1 of the fan had spoiled light bulbs installed , and 1 ceiling fan was unresponsive to controller . . Planning to call shop house for their advise on this

4. We missed out 1 more - 1gang switch and 1 down light...

5. Air-cons - had to conduct testing for gas pipe leakage...*sigh, pray nothing bad will happen*

6. Floors - Painters overturned the box laid on the floor causing dots of paint on the floor as the aftermath. . *cough*

Painters threw their waste.. coffee packet, cigarette & cigarette box on the floor (inconsiderate act), which we had to spend time to pick up their

rubbish while sweeping the floor

7. Plumber -

This is one of the top priority issues that we had to see to this week. Our plumber abandoned the job and we had to search for one urgently as bathtub job is on

haul due to this. We manage to get one through one of our friends who we lost touch. The person had happened to sell toilet bowls,sink and kitchen sink (local made, china, Holland) to plumbers and contractors. At the end of the day, we also bought from them a Holland-made kitchen sink and water tap - reginox.

The price is better than others since they are doing warehouse distribution. The downside is their selection are mostly by catalog and so do not have

a showroom for all range or testing of products.

Following are the different type of sinks in the market that we come to learn about :

www.hwaco.com.sg

> made in singapore sinks

> www.rubine.com.sg

> made in china and korea sinks

> www.reginox.com

> made in holland sinks: imported. Look for reginox R20 2bowl sinks.

Edited by velv

How Things Had Turn Up:

1. The living Room feel more compress & solemn now , as we had painted a coat of darker-tone paint. With the ceiling fans, at least it will not feel stuffy.

2. Bathtub tiling are done , toilet look are improving. New plumber is carrying on with the rest of the job

3. Living Room - craftstone gain a 3D effect with the new coat of paint. it contrast out from the new color.

4. Windows and new door panel for balcony had been installed.

5. Refrigerator, washing machine, sofa and dining chairs had arrived but had to store @ the clean areas.

Edited by velv

your brick wall look really pretty. I've suggested to my ID to have a raw red brick wall paint white but was turned down for being not cohesive to the theme. Looking at your result, i'm gonna push harder to have it.

your brick wall look really pretty. I've suggested to my ID to have a raw red brick wall paint white but was turned down for being not cohesive to the theme. Looking at your result, i'm gonna push harder to have it.

It might be a cost issue. Costs quite a bit more to do this wall.

Hello thanks doe your compliments :) . agree with ossify that this will also cost more than expected.. then again what is your theme for your new home?

If you thinking of getting craftstone as well and if you are using the same brand same model we might have excess to give away..

We are thinking what to do with our following excess :

1. Sand & cement

2. Craftstone, left around 1 - 2 box -

3. Mosaic, left 80%.. Thinking of using the Mosaic to "tile"/"cover" up a cement block to produce a finish product called Mosaic Block (Tala!)

4. cement blocks

Edited by velv

Sneak Preview .. in the middle of organizing & furnishing the place.. camera went low batt which affected the quality of the photos *blury*

92860125.jpg

ho02.jpg

ho03.jpg

ho05.jpg

ho04.jpg

Hello thanks doe your compliments :) . agree with ossify that this will also cost more than expected.. then again what is your theme for your new home?

If you thinking of getting craftstone as well and if you are using the same brand same model we might have excess to give away..

We are thinking what to do with our following excess :

1. Sand & cement

2. Craftstone, left around 1 - 2 box -

3. Mosaic, left 80%.. Thinking of using the Mosaic to "tile"/"cover" up a cement block to produce a finish product called Mosaic Block (Tala!)

4. cement blocks

You have more than 1 box of craftstone left over? That's odd. I ordered 1 box on your behalf while you were away, which was needed to finish up the last section.

As for the mosaic block, sounds interesting, what do you intend to use it for?

Sneak Preview .. in the middle of organizing & furnishing the place.. camera went low batt which affected the quality of the photos *blury*

92860125.jpg

ho02.jpg

ho03.jpg

ho05.jpg

ho04.jpg

I love your TV console and coffeetable! May I ask where you got it?

You have more than 1 box of craftstone left over? That's odd. I ordered 1 box on your behalf while you were away, which was needed to finish up the last section.

As for the mosaic block, sounds interesting, what do you intend to use it for?

We had 1 box plus of craftestone left over . Mosaic block sound interesting right ? can place plants on it, deco, and others but Andrew think my idea is stupid......

and so we forgot about asking and sunday workers already toll away the leftover cement blocks. . :horse: oh well will see how it goes.

Can you provide me the details on creating a coarse sandy effect with spray paint @ balcony wall tiles? We understand we had to get a primer base and then the sprays..

We had 1 box plus of craftestone left over . Mosaic block sound interesting right ? can place plants on it, deco, and others but Andrew think my idea is stupid......

and so we forgot about asking and sunday workers already toll away the leftover cement blocks. . :horse: oh well will see how it goes.

Can you provide me the details on creating a coarse sandy effect with spray paint @ balcony wall tiles? We understand we had to get a primer base and then the sprays..

Why do you have 1 box plus left over? I only ordered 1 extra box for you to finish up that top part on your wall. Unless you managed to dig out another box? Or are you referring to the balcony wall tiles?

Mosaic block will be pretty heavy, about 5kg when completed? :D Might be a bit slippery for potted plants though.. deco is still alright. Can't think of any other use for it :D

As for the spray paint:

1. tape up the parts you do not want to spray (eg. metal railing, floor, tiles) with a few layers of newspaper to cover up the surrounding

2. spray your primer thinly and evenly, let dry (about 30 min, check with sales person)

3. repeat another layer and let dry

4. spray granite/sandstone paint (colour of your choice) and let dry (about 30 min, check with sales person)

4. repeat and let dry

5. spray with clear matt acrylic spray or water-resistant protectant (about 30min, check with sales person)

6. repeat and let dry

any point you think some parts are too "sharp", you can sandpaper away. but from step 5 onwards, do not sandpaper :D use the rough sandpaper, tell the sales person you are working with granite spraypaint.