good thing your bathtub can fit quite nicely :D

Edited by ossify

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
50voucher.jpg

waiting for you :D

please respond by 23 July or I will have to spend it myself :D

50voucherback.jpg

ahhh you even took the photo of it to remind us ! ahahaha ><

looing at the photo it is so near and yet so far.

We are most likely to go Ikea this Sat, need to get storages purposes furniture eg. book shelves, chest of drawers, dressing tables. so 50 dollar off the bill will do us some good. Thanks!

Will you be going out Sat morning around 9-10? if not we will go pick up the voucher when on the way to ikea.

Edited by velv

your painter never paint the pipes? looks so out of place :(

good thing your bathtub can fit quite nicely :D

yes the painter did not paint the pipes. . Andrew was upset about it too lol so decided to DIY paint the little pipes later on. :paint:

ahhh you even took the photo of it to remind us ! ahahaha ><

looing at the photo it is so near and yet so far.

We are most likely to go Ikea this Sat, need to get storages purposes furniture eg. book shelves, chest of drawers, dressing tables. so 50 dollar off the bill will do us some good. Thanks!

Will you be going out Sat morning around 9-10? if not we will go pick up the voucher when on the way to ikea.

see you this sat before 10am. we're going to Singapore Garden Festival after passing you the voucher :D was thinking of mailing it to you but worried it won't reach you in time. btw, you need a friends card to be able to use this voucher. you have one right?

yes the painter did not paint the pipes. . Andrew was upset about it too lol so decided to DIY paint the little pipes later on. :paint:

heh, he ask me to see how nice he paint your house and to consider to hire him in my future projects. i will keep in mind the rubbish, the spilled paint and the unpainted pipes :D

i thought off-white would have been a nicer colour for your place :D blue seems a bit too bold

Congratz that your place is ready. Your sofa looks very nice and comfy!

Good job to both you and ossify overall!

Thanks a lot coldflamez. yes the Sofa is really a nice additional, personally like the big size 1-seaters that can occuiped 2 butts instead of 1.

so much space to even curl up on it to watch TV.

We are at last stage on the reno. left with some diy but we are such slow-coaches now - juz me and hubby ... struggling to clear the diy items before our house warming which is on 8 August ..

stain.jpg

acidy.jpg

we had an unfortunate incident of cement begin wash out from the below of the bathtub and caused the above stain

today I found a bottle of remaining cement stain remover in the house and attempt to use it . .

it seems that the chemical is very potent ... in fact even the gas attacked my nose e moment i open the cap

was taken aback. . I tried on a small area with a little and it seems to work.. that is before another gas attack and so I close the cap

was wondering whether is it safe to use afterall.. any advises?

Unbelievable my renovation topic for our first flat is still here, although the pics are all now broken links.

Now after 11 years, unexpectedly we decided to buy a second property that have a bigger layout than our current 5 room hdb. 

In 2010 just 2 of us  : complete 5 room home renovation project without an ID , as I go through the post , it was a journey with a lot of efforts . I have to manage the time , make decision and pass instructions for all types of question . The end result is not perfect but worth the savings. 

in 2021 for 4 of us now :  Going to start a renovation project for a x2 bigger place and a 460 sq ft open roof terrace. 

It is exciting to think of the bigger space that we get to spend , and a bigger renovation cost to rebuild cause it is going to be a full renovation.

so many new gadgets now in the world : smart switch, cassette air con, smart wardrobe even . . wow not to mention all types of kitchen island ( dry kitchen and wet kitchen ) , electric laundry hanger ? , zig tack windows ? 

So I am torn in between of whether to go via ID   or   contractor. I have ideas for the open roof , but by myself I dun think I know how to go about. 

Are contractors maybe more functional nowadays compare to 11 years ago? Do contractor know how to construct a loft by self-taught ?

Edited by velv