Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Muesli

The Neighbour Below Yr Floor Complained To Hdb

I just received a call this morning from HDB that the floor below mine was complaining that their toilet's ceiling is leaking. So the officer was explaining that there's a problem with the water membrane and so on and so forth. I haven't even start with renovation yet, and not planning to until 2 years after. Does anyone know what are the choices am I left with besides sharing the cost of my neighbour of plastering their ceiling?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

luckily you had not start the reno. If you start, chances will be you will be 100%.

If this is a resale HDB, the toilet might be very old.

Let the HDB officer come in to do their assessment.

Then see how. Settle this before the reno start.

If the toilet is the original type, may be HDB 50%, u and ur neigbour share the 50%.

U will get a band new toliet while ur neigbour got a new celling

luckily you had not start the reno. If you start, chances will be you will be 100%.

If this is a resale HDB, the toilet might be very old.

Let the HDB officer come in to do their assessment.

Then see how. Settle this before the reno start.

If the toilet is the original type, may be HDB 50%, u and ur neigbour share the 50%.

U will get a band new toliet while ur neigbour got a new celling

Thanks therat, the toilet was actually renovated by the previous owner so it's not the original type. How will HDB then decide, do you know?

It has happened to my parents' place, my downstairs neighbour complained of water leakage.

There are two kinds of pipes - one is your own pipe, the other is the central pipe, which is fed by each unit's own pipe. If the leakage occurs on the central pipe, then HDB has to fix. If the defect is traced to your pipe then you are liable.

We refused a waterproofing test to be done to our bathroom to be done at our cost. The HDB officer said that he will check our neighbour's piping one more time, I suppose he found that the leakage might have either been our neighbour's own pipe, or from the common central pipe, because no one came back to us for anymore rectification work.

Thanks therat, the toilet was actually renovated by the previous owner so it's not the original type. How will HDB then decide, do you know?

No idea.

Presently, my IL house also receive complain from below neigbour abt their ceiling leaking thru' HDB.

It has happened to my parents' place, my downstairs neighbour complained of water leakage.

There are two kinds of pipes - one is your own pipe, the other is the central pipe, which is fed by each unit's own pipe. If the leakage occurs on the central pipe, then HDB has to fix. If the defect is traced to your pipe then you are liable.

We refused a waterproofing test to be done to our bathroom to be done at our cost. The HDB officer said that he will check our neighbour's piping one more time, I suppose he found that the leakage might have either been our neighbour's own pipe, or from the common central pipe, because no one came back to us for anymore rectification work.

i saw the neighbour's flat toilet, quite poor thing ley.. The pipes and their ceiling got popsicles appearing quite poor thing. Its not just the pipe, but the whole thing ceiling.. We'll see how la when the hdb guy come over to my place tomorrow..