Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PAPC

Budget For An Em Renovation

Hi guys,

I'd like to know what of kind of budget you have set for an EM renovation which includes full hacking of existing designs

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi guys,

I'd like to know what of kind of budget you have set for an EM renovation which includes full hacking of existing designs

Thanks

Hi Depends on wat are you hacking and building and carpentary works too.. plus using an ID and contractor the pricing varies too..

hope this helps ;)

$50K-$150K....it was a very wide range...really depend what material you want to use...marble, granite flooring, compare to homo, laminate flooring, etc..so basically is what type of budget you set for yourself to do your EM on what you want....Look for ID or contractors to give u a quote and you know what is the cost to reno your EM to decrease or increase base on your comfort level.

Hi guys,

Thanks

My friend did his at serangoon, hacking work and fully renovated with excellent design, he spent around 80k

Currently doing a EM (150Sq mtrs).

Basic reno so no big designer features but full toilets and kitchen reno, full house plastering, full laminate flooring on non-wet areas, full painting, glass wall to make back the study room, false ceiling to hide water storage tank probably a bit more.

Electrical

arnd 2k

Sanitary ware

Lights and fans

so about 44.9k + furniture (which we already have) or aircon (around 2.5k for a system 3 inverter). Cost of hob and oven not included as we are bringing from our current place as per agreement with buyer.

RB

Hi RimBlock,

Care to share if your electric works? Yours is relatively the cheapest i have seen so far.

Thanks

Hi Jim,

I walked around with the electrician and my ID on Friday afternoon and everything was good until I mentioned the networking requirements and the the guy just kept laughing. He was a jolly guy so I took very little offence. We also added a HDMI cable for the projector and speaker wires for the surround sound cinema set-up in to the requirements and are just waiting for a final quote. I will post up when it is received in the next day or so.

RB

Just to update.

Electrical quote inc replacing the trunking and light switches / points / electrical sockets (using wires already there) plus run a HDMI cable in the living room lightbox (cable supplied) plus run four speaker cables in the living room light box (cables supplied), plus running 12 cat6 network cables to be terminated by owner (cables supplied) came in at 3K. Bargining came down to 2.8k.

We decided to remove the network, HDMI and speaker cables and pushed hard. It is now back down to 2K but remember, most of the light and electrical cabling is already in place. There are also a few (less than 6) new sockets for them to put in and the moving of a couple of lights.

I am doing the speaker / HDMI and Lan cabling myself. It is going to be a busy weekend :o .

RB