Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nate09

Good Confinement Lady

Anyone can recommend any good confinement lady that speaks English, can cook good confinement meal, patience & good with taking care of infant & reliable?

thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Anyone can recommend any good confinement lady that speaks English, can cook good confinement meal, patience & good with taking care of infant & reliable?

thanks!

It's very tough to find good confinement nanny nowaday. You can call up A-team. But it's EXPENSIVE. They will replace her immediately if you are not satisfied during her svc.

Whatever it is,

do NOT engage GPLS Confinement. My wife and I hired them after seeing all the great testimonials on the site, but guess what?

The company was sold a few months backs and only after the nanny started working for us, did I google on the company and found out that their license from MOM had been revoked.

Basically, it's been one frustration after the other with this company.

First the company promised to have a confinement nanny at our house the first day we're back, but on the first day back, they were unable to provide using the excuse that the nanny last minute fell sick while in the car on the way to our house.

Our current nanny confirms that this company has trouble supplying nanny on time AND THAT THIS IS A VERY COMMON EXCUSE.

I asked for an MC, they said they would give, but in the end they were unable to provide me an MC for the nanny that was supposedly sick.

On the second day, we got a nanny who was good at handling the baby and good at cooking, but after 6 days ahd to go back to Malaysia.

GPLS promised before taking out money that they have replacement nannies on standby, but this is complete BS.

They wanted to make us wait 3 days until I called them up and threatened to suit.

They over promise and under deliver. The current nanny has very poor skills and even uses hand phone while carrying or feeding the baby.

When we complain to the company to change the nanny, they refuse to do so.

The sales person Jeremy no longer answers his handphone, we get a message saying an SMS has been sent to him, but he doesn't call back.

When we call the office, we either get voicemail or a junior office staff, who have no idea how to solve our problem and keep telling us we can't change the nanny.

Before engaging GPLS, the sales person Jeremy came to our house and told us many wonderful stories, most of which they have not been able to deliver.

- Nanny wasn't supplied on time

- Nanny was only replaced after 1 day, not same day - and at first they wanted us to wait 3 days

- Nanny has poor skills

- GPLS refuse to replace nanny

- Before getting our business, they mentioned many times that their customer service is what differentiates them and the competition. Yes, sure. It is probably MUCH WORSE than the competition.

Whatever it is,

do NOT engage GPLS Confinement. My wife and I hired them after seeing all the great testimonials on the site, but guess what?

The company was sold a few months backs and only after the nanny started working for us, did I google on the company and found out that their license from MOM had been revoked.

Basically, it's been one frustration after the other with this company.

First the company promised to have a confinement nanny at our house the first day we're back, but on the first day back, they were unable to provide using the excuse that the nanny last minute fell sick while in the car on the way to our house.

Our current nanny confirms that this company has trouble supplying nanny on time AND THAT THIS IS A VERY COMMON EXCUSE.

I asked for an MC, they said they would give, but in the end they were unable to provide me an MC for the nanny that was supposedly sick.

On the second day, we got a nanny who was good at handling the baby and good at cooking, but after 6 days ahd to go back to Malaysia.

GPLS promised before taking out money that they have replacement nannies on standby, but this is complete BS.

They wanted to make us wait 3 days until I called them up and threatened to suit.

They over promise and under deliver. The current nanny has very poor skills and even uses hand phone while carrying or feeding the baby.

When we complain to the company to change the nanny, they refuse to do so.

The sales person Jeremy no longer answers his handphone, we get a message saying an SMS has been sent to him, but he doesn't call back.

When we call the office, we either get voicemail or a junior office staff, who have no idea how to solve our problem and keep telling us we can't change the nanny.

Before engaging GPLS, the sales person Jeremy came to our house and told us many wonderful stories, most of which they have not been able to deliver.

- Nanny wasn't supplied on time

- Nanny was only replaced after 1 day, not same day - and at first they wanted us to wait 3 days

- Nanny has poor skills

- GPLS refuse to replace nanny

- Before getting our business, they mentioned many times that their customer service is what differentiates them and the competition. Yes, sure. It is probably MUCH WORSE than the competition.

I thought I share this valuable experience and service I've got from i-kare (www.i-kare.com.sg)

We've engaged our confinement nannies from i-kare agency. You must be surprised that we've have engaged two nannies. We are actually (three into) one Big Family living together in a two-storey house and doing confinement almost at the same time. My sister-in-law and myself were doing confinement in June & July 2011 and we delivered 10days apart! We've decide to engaged from i-kare its due to the recommendation from our long time business friend of us whose daughter had just finished her confinement. As we are not sure who to trust... we try out i-kare thru recommendation.

We met up with May from i-kare first for discussion and were comfortable with her service rendered and her step-by-step explanation of what to expect of the confinement nanny and also their duties cum behavior as we are fist time hiring a confinement nanny. We are assured of a quality nanny from her agency respectively. My sis-in-law delivered first and her nanny arrived was the nanny which we initially booked (Ying2 Jie) she arrived and fitted in quite well with our family culture and was very helpful and dilligent...she helps with initiative in her expertise with breastfeeding and techniques in resolving engorged breast. I began to secretly hoped that my confinement nanny were as good as hers. Finally, my turn to pop.... though my initial booked nanny was changed.. nonetheless... the nanny May brought was even better. Her name is yi4 zhi1 and she knows ying1 jie too... Atlas, we actually enjoyed our confinement with bliss. During the day, our infants were treated with individual personal hygenie practices and we were also treated with nice and delicious confinement meals and altogether we had five meals...per day! :)During the night...Our infants were pampered with songs when they are too sore to sleep or throwing tantrums, nanny's soothing & assuring voice is always there. We are confident and trusted the nannies that we extended both their services for another one more month. Our babies full-month feast were a spread! As our family culture were different it's fair to single out their performance as;

1) she was humble and was very attentive to our request

2) never fail to ask for altervatives e.g. when bb was high in jaudice, doctor has advise us not to consume too much ginger... instead she sugested white pepper corn as replacement

3) never failed to once let me shout for her

4) a light sleeper (during aft nap) and spends most of her time overlooking my infant's needs

5) night feed was never a hassle and sings to my baby too (we felt that she geniunely care for our infnt).

6) meals were create and planned to ensure tha tour breastmilk would not aggreviate our babies jaudice further.

7) hand washed our infant cloths even though we have maid to wash

8) handles our infants veyr well and let us have a peace of mind

May, on the other hand always picks up her handphone when we called her... not to complain of course! but to ask if the nanny can go marketing once a while.. and also enquire about her red glutinious rice wine too. She even picks up her nannies on their last working day.

She has ensure documents were properly done and work permit of their nannies were applied and assured of her service (to be avail at any one time).

My sis-in-law and I have no qualms to let you have another choice confinement agency to choose from...

I used a GREAT confinement lady.... but she is only during the days. I found it good, because it meant I had some private time with the baby, and also could learn how to look after baby myself, so that is wasn't such a shock when confinement was finished. Her name is Serene - she is Singaporean, speaks good English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Best of all, she LOVES babies. She is clean, considerate, and punctual, cooks all the traditional confinement foods, does the marketing, etc etc. She will sing to the baby, and teach you how to care for your new bundle of joy. Her name is Serene, and she works 9 to 6pm. Please PM me if you want her phone number. She tends to get booked out quite fast.

I used a GREAT confinement lady.... but she is only during the days. I found it good, because it meant I had some private time with the baby, and also could learn how to look after baby myself, so that is wasn't such a shock when confinement was finished. Her name is Serene - she is Singaporean, speaks good English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Best of all, she LOVES babies. She is clean, considerate, and punctual, cooks all the traditional confinement foods, does the marketing, etc etc. She will sing to the baby, and teach you how to care for your new bundle of joy. Her name is Serene, and she works 9 to 6pm. Please PM me if you want her phone number. She tends to get booked out quite fast.

Hi EdensMom,

I can't seem to find the button or link to pm you. Can I have the contact of the confinement lady you recommended? Kindly sms me at 92728276. Thanks.

Hi EdensMom,

I can't seem to find the button or link to pm you. Can I have the contact of the confinement lady you recommended? Kindly sms me at 92728276. Thanks.

HI EdensMom, I can't PM you. can I have the contact of the confinement lady pls? Pls sms me at 97454739. thanks