Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smurfsing

Elite Movers Not Professional At All

Well why should I then engage them with such rude respond? Its obvious that they hv turn down the offer, but in an offensive manner. Btw helping hand respond was rather friendly than elite.

Customer service is rather important in getting a deal, offensive respond by front line staff for a big company is definitely not worth to consider.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I moved 3 times in the last 5 years and used Elite every time with no problems at all. They were very efficient and even helped me put the boxes into the respective rooms even if my house is 3 floors high. Carried really heavy teak furniture up as well.

May I know if it is from this website > http://www.elitemovers.com.sg/

If so, I am kind of surprise from their respond to me thr email as follow:

Noted wit thanks, there will not be additional charges if you are moving the items you listed below.

I hope you can get a better quote from other movers, so you don’t have to engage us to move

I will not be engaging them from the reply, unprofessional. I am glad to know now then engaging them...............

This event in Renotalk tarnished our good name and which is the reason I have to speak up to let everyone know that not all our clients are honest and upfront, in situations like this, we usually talk very nicely to them that it would not be fair if items to be moved are not translated prior to giving a quote. We are not a gangster organization and neither do we use SCARE tactics like what she posted. In cases like this and in her case, we usually tell the client we will only move items that are stated originally in our quote as per agreed and not put them in a difficult spot. Because it would be pointless and totally foolish to load up her additional items and charge her more later. Also because, she has every right not to pay us the additional S$40 as it was not stated in the black and white email.

Hi James. This is Larry.

Can you quote me how much would you charge to move/deliver

a 60" projection tv from my in-law house at Upper Paya Lebar (terraced house)

to my hdb flat near Mountbatten Road ?

My hdb flat has a lift & it stop @ every level.

I'm staying at 9th flr but I am not sure if .....

this tv able to fit into the lift.

I had measured the tv exterior dimension

1500 x 1300 x 650 mm

I also took a pic of it & enlarged the image for easy viewing.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1236/16254476.jpg

Btw isit more expensive to move/deliver during weekend compare to weekdays?

Edited by princevodka

Hi everyone here.

I am James from Elite movers. We are professional movers who have been contracted by the Government, MOE, Stat-Boards, Large corporate and many residences and clients of ours all whom have used our services can vouch for our services. I have no choice but to register myself after discovering that a client of ours who have started this thread bad mouth our services.

Below is a copy of the email that was sent and agreed upon. (I have removed her new address and tel no. to protect her identity)

1) A couple of reasons why she was charged S$250 Nett.

Her items were 1x BIG LCD TV, 1 coffee table, Long TV Console and 20 carton boxes pre-supplied by Elite movers inclusive of sealing tapes and labels.

(Our standard Carton sizes are 20x16x16")

If this was a level to level access, her cost would have been only S$200 Nett. But because there is a staircase 1 floor involved and this was also translated to her prior to her agreement as shown in the email below, we had to add in a S$50 bringing the agreed total to S$250 Nett. For which she agreed in her email below.

2) Our operations teams have been moving for the past 6-7 years and whenever the customer or client plays dumb or try to add items which were not agreed before hand, we as movers will be at the losing end. In cases like this we have absolutely no choice but to charge a paltry amount for the additional volume.

3) The reason a site visit or survey was not viable was because she mentioned only 3 bulky items and boxes. It would be a waste of our resources and time if a surveyor was deployed and the items were just a few simple items.

4) The mobile hanger rack is a complimentary service provided by us for our client's convenience, thus instead of packing her already ironed clothing into boxes, we provide these on the day for her. Again, as we do not know the actual volume, 2 racks was provisioned. Also to take note, the clothes would add to the volume of about 2 of our standard boxes each and we have cling wrapped after the clothes have been hanged to protect them against dirt/dust during the relocation service.

5) All our trucks have spare boxes (7-10) on standby in case there are items that needed last min packing by the client. This is also complimentary as a give/take at our end.

6) When our movers went up to her place, it was a mess because, it was obvious 20 boxes were insufficient for her usage. The loose items were left lying around in a heap and we were visibly shocked that we need to provision her additional boxes plus helping her to pack her things (which should be pre-done by the client) Items which were not properly packed into boxes are usually a mover's nightmare as we cannot stack the items properly in the truck if there were not placed neatly into boxes. There were LOTS of miscellaneous and loose items to add on.

7) Adding to that, the client was being dishonest and misleading in her post for 3 items when there was a sudden appearance of additional bulky items --> standing speakers and 2 plastic drawers and we had to help her do packing for her many loose miscellaneous items into boxes brought up by us. These items add to the volume and we also have to carry them down 1 flight of stairs, (See the email below on her post)

8) To be fair in our quote, the least I could ask her to compromise was to add a paltry amount of S$50/Nett. To top it off, I have acceded to her request to just add S$40 Dollars instead of my proposed S$50. If she did not agree to this we would not have continued the job, this has to be pre-agreed by her before we can load the items into our truck.

8) Our movers did our job the best we could in a fair way and with utmost care without damage to her items.

9) Out of goodwill and trust, we did not collect a deposit from the customer for the boxes as in our usual moving practice, the boxes are provision free for the client to use. I have also indicated very clearly to her in my email below that the boxes, we need to collect back for recycling purposes (Keeping a Green Environment). Why the need to indicate in her original thread I am not sure. Perhaps she has run out of words to say. Our cost for boxes is S$1.50 for recycled and S$3.00 for new. If she had wanted to keep them, we could also arrange that with her but not in this case.

10) Our practice is to wait until the client unpacks her items out from the boxes and our executive will arrange to have it collected back at her convenient timing. Usually the lead time is 1-2 weeks. All this was indicated clearly to her in our email.

This event in Renotalk tarnished our good name and which is the reason I have to speak up to let everyone know that not all our clients are honest and upfront, in situations like this, we usually talk very nicely to them that it would not be fair if items to be moved are not translated prior to giving a quote. We are not a gangster organization and neither do we use SCARE tactics like what she posted. In cases like this and in her case, we usually tell the client we will only move items that are stated originally in our quote as per agreed and not put them in a difficult spot. Because it would be pointless and totally foolish to load up her additional items and charge her more later. Also because, she has every right not to pay us the additional S$40 as it was not stated in the black and white email.

Joyce/Smurfsing,

In the age of the Internet, it is very easy to destroy an organization's reputation and credibility. If it was truly us that was being unreasonable, we would not have advised you so clearly in our mail to you ensure you do a proper packing. I myself would not have the time or energy to write this long essay to explain about your move. If we were not dedicated movers, we would not have known what actually happend for your move. I am dismayed that you chose to post this defamatory posting on us.

I wish you the best anyways.

James Chong /Elite Movers

EMAIL BELOW FOR Everyone's PERUSAL.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:45 PM

To: 'Joyce Wong'

Cc: bryan@elitemovers.com.sg

Subject: RE: Moving on 31st Jan

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for your email.

Your booking for 31st Jan 2010 is now confirmed.

Time: 9am

Our executive in charge will arrange the boxes to be sent to you today.

Important Note:

Do write on the labels provided only. Our Movers will segregate them for you at the final location.

Ensure boxes are filled up to the brim before sealing off to ensure no internal loose movement.

Elite Movers will not be responsible for any electrical faults, system boards or mechanical damages arising from the move.

Payment: Cash or cheque payable to 'Elite Movers' upon completion of the move.

Boxes will be collected back for Recycle purposes after unpacking (1-2weeks

leadtime)

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

James Chong

Business Development Manager

www.elitemovers.com.sg

+65 9128 9555

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, 23 January, 2010 1:32 PM

To: james@elitemovers.com.sg

Subject: Moving on 31st Jan

Hi James,

I would like to confirm your moving services for my home at Blk 2, Marine Terrace, #14-290, Singapore 440002 to Blk 150, Ang Mo Kio Ave 5, #(actual address witheld) . Lift level at Marine Terrace and one level down from lift level at AMK.

Items to move include a 42" LCD which we have the box, 1 coffee table and a 1.8m long TV console. Rest are my kitchen wares which includes a microwave and clothings for a couple. I would also need clothing racks to be provided on the day of moving as spoken.

As per your quote of $250, kindly confirm on this and will be great if you can furnish me 20 cartons (10 new and 10 old) today to facilitate my packing over the weekend.

Thanks,

Joyce Wong

Hp: (actual no. witheld)

Its never a good thing to have a bad experience when moving.

The first sign when they did not even bother to do a survey before quote should send alarm bells ringing that this is not a professional mover.

I would say don't bother. Don't cry over spilt milk. Just an extra $40. But, if what you had posted is not a one-sided story, i would definitely claim a refund for the missing items, let alone give then an extra $40. If they refuse, i would make them unload the stuff back to my house. $250 is the average price for hbd flats, but if you are living in condos, bungalow.etc they tend to mark up their price. Once they reach and see your stuff, they usually will complain how difficult your stuff are to transport.etc so its expected. But once they give you a price, dont let them increase the price. You can easily get someone else to do it even if you have to wait a day or so.

smurfsing,

did you check with other mover. How much will be their quotation.

Misc100,

base on the TS post, the item is more than that 3 main item.

items to move include a 42" LCD which we have the box, 1 coffee table and a 1.8m long TV console. Rest are my kitchen wares which includes a microwave and clothings for a couple.

all my loose stuff

an extra set of TV speakers which I have a box for it and 2 stacks of plastic drawers, those plastic stacks of 4 drawers each.

And TS does not mention the pick up place to drop off place , are they both lift level?

Edited by therat

Hi all, I have actually engaged my mover, Elite Mover from the good comments in this forum. Upon using them yesterday, I was utterly dissapointed with their so called professional way of doing business. They had not offered to check on my house before committing to the quote, so based on the given quote of $250, I went ahead with them and liaised with James for my moving. I had told James that items to move include a 42" LCD which we have the box, 1 coffee table and a 1.8m long TV console. Rest are my kitchen wares which includes a microwave and clothings for a couple. I told him over the phone that I need 4 clothes rack for my clothings but only 2 was sent yesterday and I had to squeeze my clothings into the old boxes furnished by them at the last min.

Added on to that are the reactions from their workers which kept saying 'wow...wow...wow...' when they entered my house as they complained that we have too much loose items. Think that's not been professional, they could have catered some extra boxes and request us to put the loose items into the box. Anyway, they have a huge carton which they got all my loose stuff inside, so I don't see it as a problem at all.

Worse is after their leaving to the new place, James caled me and requested for additional $50 from his quote of $250, so total $300. He mentioned that we have an extra set of TV speakers which I have a box for it and 2 stacks of plastic drawers, those plastic stacks of 4 drawers each. I explained to him that instead of the agreed 30 cartons, I only requested for 20 cartons instead and 2 clothes racks were missing. He should have compromised on the 3 additional things. Ended up, he asked for $290 and I had no choice but to give as my stuff were all in their lorry. I understand that this is a usual tactic used by many movers, giving a low quote and asking for additional while moving, knowing you are left with no choice then. As such, I would like to warn all people here that Elite Movers is also one of those. Do also note that all cartons have to be returned even though they don't request for a deposit for the cartons. As I have only 3 bulky items, for $290, I strongly believe that's a high price to pay for as many would have pay $300 for much more stuff than me.

$300 for 3 items is really expensive. Perhaps buying new is more worthwhile. Is it because there is fixed costs (just to be there), in additional to variable costs (3 items)?

Hi all, I have actually engaged my mover, Elite Mover from the good comments in this forum. Upon using them yesterday, I was utterly dissapointed with their so called professional way of doing business. They had not offered to check on my house before committing to the quote, so based on the given quote of $250, I went ahead with them and liaised with James for my moving. I had told James that items to move include a 42" LCD which we have the box, 1 coffee table and a 1.8m long TV console. Rest are my kitchen wares which includes a microwave and clothings for a couple. I told him over the phone that I need 4 clothes rack for my clothings but only 2 was sent yesterday and I had to squeeze my clothings into the old boxes furnished by them at the last min.

Added on to that are the reactions from their workers which kept saying 'wow...wow...wow...' when they entered my house as they complained that we have too much loose items. Think that's not been professional, they could have catered some extra boxes and request us to put the loose items into the box. Anyway, they have a huge carton which they got all my loose stuff inside, so I don't see it as a problem at all.

Worse is after their leaving to the new place, James caled me and requested for additional $50 from his quote of $250, so total $300. He mentioned that we have an extra set of TV speakers which I have a box for it and 2 stacks of plastic drawers, those plastic stacks of 4 drawers each. I explained to him that instead of the agreed 30 cartons, I only requested for 20 cartons instead and 2 clothes racks were missing. He should have compromised on the 3 additional things. Ended up, he asked for $290 and I had no choice but to give as my stuff were all in their lorry. I understand that this is a usual tactic used by many movers, giving a low quote and asking for additional while moving, knowing you are left with no choice then. As such, I would like to warn all people here that Elite Movers is also one of those. Do also note that all cartons have to be returned even though they don't request for a deposit for the cartons. As I have only 3 bulky items, for $290, I strongly believe that's a high price to pay for as many would have pay $300 for much more stuff than me.

Edited by smurfsing