Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
goldenbm

Inch Design

I was at the last 2 furniture fair, was looking ard, tis c*****n was serving me. Kept promoting her "award winning" sofa which to me seem ordinary & common.

Price wise so so.. Skali she got interupted by an ah soh who i tink is another staff of inch design.

The ah soh was talking angrily on the phone & seem like scolding some1.. I was very turned off as the ah soh like totally disregarded me.. I walk away.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear Friend 666,

I applaud your wise decision to walk away and not have have business transaction with iNch Design Pte Ltd.

The so called C*****N person you referred to introduced herself to me as the designer of iNch Design Pte Ltd. I can't help but assume that the ah soh is none other than that notoriously famously rude and unreasonable Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte Ltd.

Anyway, I have officially lodged a small claims against iNch Design Pte Ltd at The Subordinate Courts of Singapore. I am sure I am not the first person who lodge any small claims against iNch Design Pte Ltd and I hope I am the last person. I certainly feel that We simply cannot have Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte Ltd continue to do unfair trading practices anymore.

Please also read what others have write about iNch Design Pte Ltd at the other forums and be especially aware of this character known as Janet Lim of iNch Design Pte Ltd.

Also whatever furniture they have or so~claimed to be "tailor-made" at iNch Design is also commonly available at other furniture shops and exhibitions as well. Do note that if you can get more reasonably priced furniture and better services elsewhere, why make yourself suffer by doing any business transaction with iNch Design Pte Ltd?

oh dear...

me too place deposit with them at a fair at expo recently.

pls would anyone share if they had gotten their items "safely"

Edited by luv2buy

Dear Luv2buy,

Not to worry too much even though You have now engaged in a business transaction with Inch Design Pte Ltd, you must remember that you too have your basic rights as a paying client of this firm.

We understood that a compliant against iNch Desgin Pte Ltd had been made with CASE in the recent June 2011 Month and now CASE has this firm's most updated records.

Also, a legal claim has been put up with the Subordinates Courts of Singapore against iNch Design Pte Ltd in late June 2011 and the Small Claims Tribunal have this interior design/ furniture firms records and documentation too.

Do remember to have every thing, every slightest promises that the staff of this firm made to you to be written in black and white on any invoices and contracts before you sign and commit further payment.

May I know who are dealing with on your purchases with iNch Design Pte Ltd? If it is with Janet Lim, you can just do a simple <<google>> search and the results will expose all her pushy sales tatics, unfair trade practices, rude behaviors etc etc and that should keep you informed of what "she may be up to" should your business transaction with her turned for the worse.

You should also be aware and have knowledge of your consumer's rights and not be afraid to execute them. http://www.case.org.sg/cpfta.htm

Please call CASE hotline 6 1000 315, should you feel unfairly treated at any point of your purchase and do not be threatened by the staff of iNch Design Pte Ltd no matter how they will be treating you.

DO NOT forgo your deposits even if it is a mere $100 only. The CASE officers or the registration officers at Small Claims will be able to accurately advise you especially when iNch Design Pte Ltd's latest complains are only dated in June 2011. CASE will spring in to more legal actions if more and more of us were to lodge any more complaints we may have with this particular iNch Design Pte Ltd firm and every victim of this firm since 1999 will be served of our eventual justice against this firm.

I wish you all the best. Just remember DO NOT FORGO your deposits!

And you need not be threatened by anyone from INCh Design Pte Ltd. You need not suffer in silence alone at all.

I'll be online to answer to any more of your enquiries.

Best Regards,

CASEmember

oh dear...

me too place deposit with them at a fair at expo recently.

pls would anyone share if they had gotten their items "safely"

Reading all these comment, make me regret buying from inch design. I have bought a bed from during the expo fair right now. We discover something, Inch design Pte Ltd is GST registered company but we r to make payment to "iinch design pte ltd" which we do a check is not a GST registered company n we still need to pay GST. Thinking of asking them to refund as they are cheating our money saying it for GST but they pocket it themselves. Anyone can advise?

Reading all these comment, make me regret buying from inch design. I have bought a bed from during the expo fair right now. We discover something, Inch design Pte Ltd is GST registered company but we r to make payment to "iinch design pte ltd" which we do a check is not a GST registered company n we still need to pay GST. Thinking of asking them to refund as they are cheating our money saying it for GST but they pocket it themselves. Anyone can advise?

You should report to IRAS. They cannot collect GST if they are not GST registered, it's illegal.

Did any one of you get a message from INCH that the numbers have changed and that the goods will be delivered by a company called Silver River. The telephone number of the company has also been discontinued. Appears that they have shut down!

Did any one of you get a message from INCH that the numbers have changed and that the goods will be delivered by a company called Silver River. The telephone number of the company has also been discontinued. Appears that they have shut down!

hahah i guess, they have changed name. I saw the lady boss at the fair right now in expo by the name STILL

Hi

I will be buying my furniture very soon.

It seems like Inch Design can just changed to a new company name and start afresh.

I am quite worried now.

Could some kind souls please post the lady boss pic here. If I see her, I would not patronise her.

Thanks.

Got a dining table and storage bed frame from them. Delivery was delay by about 2 weeks and my wife commented that the delivery staff was rather rude to her. However, we both agree that the bed frame and dining table are pretty decent and are up to our expectations. So no complains regarding that. They shifted to a side building next to Silver River at Joo Seng Road area, we only knew about this when we called them as we wanted to make some amendments to our bed frame design, not too sure if they are under Silver River or not.

Got a dining table and storage bed frame from them. Delivery was delay by about 2 weeks and my wife commented that the delivery staff was rather rude to her. However, we both agree that the bed frame and dining table are pretty decent and are up to our expectations. So no complains regarding that. They shifted to a side building next to Silver River at Joo Seng Road area, we only knew about this when we called them as we wanted to make some amendments to our bed frame design, not too sure if they are under Silver River or not.

I also bought 2 platform beds with Inch Design in May 11 at the expo from Janet Lim. Was told on Sat by a staff from Silver River that Inch Design has closed down and they are taking over the delivery order. When asked on their relationship, she refused to reply and merely informed me on the proposed delivery date. We were told then Janet Lim that changing of colour and design was possible as we specified that we did not take possession of our house. After repeated emailing to the company in Jun and Jul, there was no response. The lady from Silver River informed that if we reject the delivery, our deposit of 1k plus will be forfeited since we signed with Inch Design and got nothing to do with them. We then told her that the recipient of the deposit was stated Silver River and not Inch Design but she insist no refund. Really saddened by a company like Silver River to practise such unethical hard selling.

I also bought 2 platform beds with Inch Design in May 11 at the expo from Janet Lim. Was told on Sat by a staff from Silver River that Inch Design has closed down and they are taking over the delivery order. When asked on their relationship, she refused to reply and merely informed me on the proposed delivery date. We were told then Janet Lim that changing of colour and design was possible as we specified that we did not take possession of our house. After repeated emailing to the company in Jun and Jul, there was no response. The lady from Silver River informed that if we reject the delivery, our deposit of 1k plus will be forfeited since we signed with Inch Design and got nothing to do with them. We then told her that the recipient of the deposit was stated Silver River and not Inch Design but she insist no refund. Really saddened by a company like Silver River to practise such unethical hard selling.

Saw Janet Lim and her daughter, collean in Singapore expo demontrating the customised bed set, etc.....Their new company name is "ISTILL PTE LTD"...The sales group are the same....I have very bad experience with her and her daughter...so pls watch out and everything must at least be in black & white........just my two cents view...

Hi

I will be buying my furniture very soon.

It seems like Inch Design can just changed to a new company name and start afresh.

I am quite worried now.

Could some kind souls please post the lady boss pic here. If I see her, I would not patronise her.

Thanks.

Helloooo, this is Singapore, very Pro Business orientated. Singapore is ranked as the 2nd most easiest place in the world to start a new company and presumably the 2nd easiest to shut down as well. ;)

oh my...lucky i saw this thread and realise there is so much negative comment with the company. me and my hb was there at the expo this year and we were quite impressed by the design of the bed frame and nearly put a deposit. cant remember the name of the sales lady though but she is very long-winded and keep on talking and asking us to put deposit.

i was abt to call them up for a quotation as i need to compare between theirs with a platform bed price.

oh my...lucky i saw this thread and realise there is so much negative comment with the company. me and my hb was there at the expo this year and we were quite impressed by the design of the bed frame and nearly put a deposit. cant remember the name of the sales lady though but she is very long-winded and keep on talking and asking us to put deposit.

i was abt to call them up for a quotation as i need to compare between theirs with a platform bed price.

don't bother with expo or exhibition sales.....I have been to a lot and i realized that most of these 'deals' does not really save you a lot.....I have also noticed quite a number of 'complained' companies that frequent these expo sales are lot...ironically, not many of the stronger brands take part in it....

frankly it might be worth paying visits to the shops directly as i believe they are less incline to 'force' you to buy....