Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babymushy

Built In Oven, Will It Damage The Kitchen Cabinets Due To The Heat Produced

HI guys,

I am thinking of doing a Built in Oven, will it dmg the kitchen cabinets due to the heat produced and also will there be cockroaches crawling about inside?

I heard some horror stories on it

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
HI guys,

I am thinking of doing a Built in Oven, will it dmg the kitchen cabinets due to the heat produced and also will there be cockroaches crawling about inside?

I heard some horror stories on it

Just make sure that your kitchen designer designs the cabinet just like those at IKEA. The glue used to bond the formica to the wood must withstand high temperatures. Get them to guarantee it. Not any paper glue. Built-in ovens usually have front convection cooling...meaning heat is dissipated from the viewing glass and an air-duct with built-in fans.

Cockroaches are the cleverest insects in the house. The oven is the last place they want to build their nest egg. People whose oven are infested with cockroaches are those that did not clean up after their last meal donkey months ago. They probably never close the oven door or were using ovens that were built using old technology that dissipate heat from the four sides which will have holes on the chassis. Insects, lizards will crawl in.

As long as you have a cooking hob, hood or oven and if used regularly, you must clean it after every session. Not doing so will bring the nightmare into you house.

Juz make sure the ventilation r taken care of, most experienced carpenters will know & take note of the build-in cabinet size reqmt.

Mine is working fine for over 5yrs

Hi Sazeryn, sorry cant advise u, can you share how much yr bedroom and toilet door cost ? with installation?

Hi Aida..

we re-used back the old door, the door will be given a fresh re paint.. our contractor will re-install back the door for us..

for the toilet PD door.. it cost SGD299.00 per door plus installation..

cheers.. btw.. how's yr hm getting along?