Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Umaisarah

Natural Living

Hv reserved a room at Pulai Desaru Beach Resort for Friday-Sunday, yeah! Surprise for the kids.

Loooong time never been to Desaru.

Hope to find some inspiration from hotel decor ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Aack! Just found out from other posts that some forummers got issues with ID's sister company, Rezt and Relax - delays, defects, etc.

Now I very scared :(

Hope my ID will not screw me over. Next time I see her, I must gv her warning dun play2 with me, or else!

Aack! Just found out from other posts that some forummers got issues with ID's sister company, Rezt and Relax - delays, defects, etc.

Now I very scared :(

Hope my ID will not screw me over. Next time I see her, I must gv her warning dun play2 with me, or else!

Huh! :o Which thread? R & R is one of the id we considering.

Hi Umaisarah, how's yr home makeover progress? Hope all is well..

Hi Muesli

Reno hvn't started yet. Only getting my keys in April. Wow, 19 more days actually! Yippeee.

Supposed to get my 3D drawings this week. Will post them once they're in.

I'm hoping the problems R & R are giving their clients will not spillover to Inner Room (cross fingers).

Hi Muesli

Reno hvn't started yet. Only getting my keys in April. Wow, 19 more days actually! Yippeee.

Supposed to get my 3D drawings this week. Will post them once they're in.

I'm hoping the problems R & R are giving their clients will not spillover to Inner Room (cross fingers).

i was thinking of engaging R & R leh. :( Now i better re-consider

i was thinking of engaging R & R leh. :( Now i better re-consider

Hi Gals. Mbe the problem with R & R is an isolated incident? We only know 1 side of the story, mah?

If you're comfortable with the ID and can click with him/her, then can still consider lah.

Mbe can ask them for references and u can talk to their previous clients.

No updates on renovation but just got an email from the lawyers handling my purchase to sign some mortgage documents which i dunnoe head or tail about.

They just say 'we enclose herewith letter and documents, which are self-explanatory'. Excuse me, I go to normal school, not law school so pls dun tell me its self-explanatory.

Sigh...just having some problems with the (non)service that this law firm is giving me. Chase them for 3 weeks for reply to my question, then when they reply, they never even answer my questions, instead ask me to sign some documents and return by end of the week. Wah liau!

Finally some updates!

Signed some mortgage documents at the lawyer's office last week. So, the house now officially belongs to my bank and CPF.

And I'm going to rent it from them for $XXXX a month.

Just like my car.

Oso found out from the lawyer that I'm gonna get my keys at the end of the biz day on Apr 9 cuz ***bank will only release the $$ on the very day itself and refuses to do it a minute earlier. Which means I can only officially enter my new house on Sat afternoon (cuz got work stuff in the morning). Can't wait! Can't wait! :sport-smiley-018: Planning to get the ID and electrician together on that afternoon too so can settle all the electrical works.

On to more 'damaging' news..... $2,222 burnt! Go, tikam the number for those of you who are so inclined! (and dun forget to share with me if you strike!)

Yep, lightings.com is now $2222 richer becuz of me. Bought foll items from them:

- 32 downlights for living, dining and MBR

- 2 LED downlights (in place of halogen) for dining feature wall

- 1 crystal hanging light cum wind chimes for dining room

- 3 ELMARK VIP 99 52" Ceiling fan with light kit for bedrooms

- 1 ELMARK VIP 99 52" Ceiling fan for MBR

- 1 ELMARK VIP 9 56" Ceiling fan for Living Room

- 6 ceiling lights in various designs for WIW, HSS, Yard, Balconies

- 4 T5 tubes for TV console wall

Hv got pic of my dining room light, will upload when I'm home later tonite. Actually, can find it on their website. Go to Chandeliers and Hanging Pendants, it's model no. D80104L9. Recommended to me by one of the sales person there. I like the wind chime sound effect when the rods strike each other. It uses halogen lights though :(

'Funny' story I must share when I went lighting shopping yest.

I've got my mind fixed on going to lightings.com (cuz of all the tve comments here) but after we park, my DH asked to go into the 1st shop we saw at the corner there. The name of the shop ends with the other name for a donkey which I shall not type here for fear of offending anyone :D

Anyway, we spent nearly an hour there to go through my lighting shopping list, choosing the downlights, dining room light, fans (the salesman was pushing AMASCO brand). etc etc. So in the end, the quote was about $2,298 or thereabouts. Actually, the salesguy quoted us $15 for the downlight which is even cheaper than lighting.com (which I thought was the cheapest already). But price for the other items was comparable to lightings.com. He saw us hesitating and slash total price to $2,150 and then to $2,100 but here's the catch (always is one, isn't there??) 'Offer' price is only valid if you sign up with them, TODAY, THAT VERY SECOND. If you step out to let out a fart (oops, sorry) and come back in, price revert to original, non-offer price. So, he tell us, downlight original $22, he gives us for $15, dining light $XXX, he gives us $YYY price etc etc. Wah, he so generous with the discounts, but is not confident enuf that his price is low that he has to FORCE us to DECIDE to buy NOW so that we won't go out and compare price and DISCOVER that we can actually get it CHEAPER elsewhere. This was the 1st shop we ever seriously ask for a quote so how can we confirm??? :angry: I can't stand this kind of sales tactic but if that is their kind of business model or strategy or whatever, sorry I'm not that kind of buyer. So we politely said goodbye and walked off, and went to lightings.com which was a few doors down. To be fair, he was nice about it, but he blew a big commission for being so inflexible.

Lightings.com price was cheaper for the other items we bought except for the downlights, and their 110% price guarantee was actually difficult to get. Not sure if anyone managed to get a refund due to this policy. I asked them 'Does your guarantee refer to the offer price the other company quote you or the original non-offer price?'. She didn't really answer the question but say that they check out the other shop's price each time customer claim the guarantee. And she said they won't send their staff, but somebody else. Well, really depends if the person they send over will get offer price or not right? Like I told her that other shop quoted me $15 for downlight but only valid as long as I remain in the shop and nvr go out, so how to prove? Aiyah, all this are gimmick lah, and bo pian, just accept it lah.

Also was quite disappointed in the range in lightings.com shop. Thought there'll be more, like I almost give up finding my dining light there (didn't find anything interesting) but then the salesgirl showed me that light, switched it on, and I fell in love..... :D

Edited by Umaisarah

In other big news....got my 3D drawings at last :dancingqueen:

But ID hvn't emailed to me the soft copies yet so cannot post it up lah.

At last can visualize what my house look like with the materials and colours I've chosen.

Oso got the work schedule, so hv already planned out when to be on site.

Already submit my vacation leave plan to boss so he won't disturb me during tt period.

Hv oso set moving day to 20th May! :yeah:

Nothing auspicious on tt day except that it's my hubby offday, the kids will hv finished their exams and its a weekday so hope to get cheaper moving rate.

Updated To-Do list 1

To do list:

- visit lighting.com, Lighting Enterprise n Silic Lighting Centre et al to buy lighting n fans see my lighting story above

- visit Choo Chiang to look at switches

- cfm curtain n blind material but still got changes, leh... :P

- look for movers

- look for wood varnishers to varnish dining table, chairs n sideboard will post an update

- do major housekeeping n inventory check

- look for wood shop to buy plywood for bunkie board

- visit ikea to look for matching kitchen cabinet for abv washer, shoe cab, tv console for MBR, bathroom furn n other stuff

- visit hoe kee or sim siang choon to look at pull-out ss drawers for pantry

- visit OM n Comfort Furniture to chk out outdoor furn

- look for sofabed for maid room

- design wall decal for MBR at winkplay.com

- visit Howards Storage World for look-see

- buy underwear organizer at gmarket (hee hee)

- PACK!!!!

- remember to breathe while thinking n doing all this

Edited by Umaisarah

Updated To Do List 2

More to do list :wacko: :wacko::

- look for new school for 3rd daughter (v impt, how can forget!!!!) found two possible school, need to submit wait-list form

- look for plants to 'landscape' new place

- activate power n water supply for new place activation on 10 Apr, 11 am-12 nn

- Transfer phone n scv services

- cancel newspaper subscription (condo can hv newspaper delivery or not :unsure:)

- and oh yeah, move

sure hv forgotten some things. Nvm, will update this list as I remember them.

Edited by Umaisarah

Updated To Do List 2

Very thorough, I am impressed. Looking forward to more updates from you.

By the way, thank you for that series supplies website. I find it informative.

Cheers.

Very thorough, I am impressed. Looking forward to more updates from you.

By the way, thank you for that series supplies website. I find it informative.

Cheers.

Just glad that I can help.

Yah, my to-do list is growing and growing by the day.

sigh...the closer i get to the big day, the more I realized I'm running out of time!