Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Umaisarah

Wallpaper Prices And Wall Decals

Hi all

Went down to Goodrich showroom @ Plaza Singapura yesterday to look at samples and get a quote.

The designs I chose were mostly the latest ones and they were average $131 per roll.

I asked them what is the cheapest roll they have and the salesgirl showed me samples at $16 per roll.

They don't look too bad.

So question is, what is considered middle range price? Is $131 per roll considered a high-end price or is it the average price?

Goodrich also quoted me $300 per wall for installation and comes with 3-year warranty. If they don't do it, then there's no warranty.

Anyone know of any freelance wallpaper installer? I only have about 3 walls to do.

Kind of ex to pay $900 just for installation - it will probably cost more than the wallpaper itself!

Also came across www.winkplay.com while searching the forums and am now considering using wall decals instead of wallpaper.

Has anyone used Winkplay products before? Is it easy to use, and is it really as easy to peel off and replace as they claim in their website.

Will it peel off after some time coz of the humidity etc? My house gets a lot of sunlight in so I scared the quality will drop over time.

Same applies to wallpaper too, I suppose.

Appreciate any advice or suggestions!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
You can DIY yourself. I thk some forumers here DIYed.

have considered it but scared will not do it properly,

or spoil the wallpaper.

have considered it but scared will not do it properly,

or spoil the wallpaper.

ya its not easy

but for a Non DIYer like me can do it i,m sure u too

this is the first time i,m doing it not 100% perfect

but to me its good enough

Btw i have a leftover roll of wallpaper for sale :

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;hl=wallpaper

Edited by tuktuk

Maybe you can try fibreglass wallcovering? It is more durable than normal wallpaper and might be economical for long term. Visit wkmarkets.com for more information.

Hi

I am contemplating on using Wallpaper for my living room feature wall and also my MBR.

Came across this company The Montella at Sungei Kadut. Their prices are rather attractive.

Have anyone used their service before? Care to share your experience..

Tks

Can anyone pls advise on the lifespan of wallpaper? It's very nice to have but heard that it can't last.

3yrs~10yrs also have.

Wall decals at quite good price (tot of ordering from them too)

W W W . C R E A T I V E W A L L D E C A L . C O M

Edited by ayuluv

For wallpaper, to me, SGD $100 - $130 is the average price for a good wallpaper in a 10m x 52cm standard roll. Goodrich is ridiculously expensive! Yes, they are reputable/reliable and a major player in the wallpaper market but I am not sure if I will use them. I haven't seen ALL of their samples though I have the general impression that most of it is really nice from a quick browsing. Goodrich average price is $300+ per roll. One roll will cover approx 2m x 2.5m. Cheapest quote to do a 3.5m x 2.5m wall is $500 with installation. :o

My room only needs wallpaper on one side and is mostly air-conditioned with not much direct sun, so it's okay even if my wallpaper is not the best vinyl type. Reasonable quality will suffice. If you guys want to buy wallpaper direct from retail and find your own installer, I think http://www.tangletree-interiors.co.uk/wallpaper/ has some of the widest choices. I don't work for them, I just happen to chance upon their site and I think it's awesome! The range is STAGGERING, really nice brands and prices are attractive. They're a UK website and they ship globally. I'm definitely buying a couple of rolls.

If anyone has lobang for freelance wallpaper installer, kindly share! If I manage to find one, will post here again. :)

I find that most of the wallpaper companies in Singapore has really mediocre-looking wallpaper except Goodrich and Europa which are better. Sorry, even Europa is not that nice. And most of the samples I have seen from smaller local shops are well, pretty terrible. There are some clueless folks who installed such wallpaper in their homes, thinking it's nice but instead of exuding luxury, all you get is a trying-too-hard look. Or maybe, not much effect at all, in which case, they spent money for nothing.

In order not to let your beloved home look like any other run-of-the-mill ID mistake, it's important to stay away from that super-common damask wallpaper with the overly-simple two-tone scrolly design, especially in black/white. If damask wallpaper is what you really like, at least choose the right one. Damask wallpaper should be richly detailed and coloured. See examples below:

Bad:

VCC0826-2T.jpg

af389c6672a14629f8bb5156cc7b76dea5fb807c

reverse-damask-basic-pattern-150x150.jpg (This one is not as ugly as the above 2 but the problem is, everybody already has this on their walls, so the crime is being BORING. ;) )

Continued......

Edited by Issie

Continued.........

Good:

damask_8.jpg

wallpaper---todayinteriors.jpg_e_9c53654

AAAADGmN4VIAAAAAADsZhw.jpg

Coming from an art/design background, I'm just hoping to share tips in a friendly manner- no offence to anyone. I know maybe some of you may think that I'm really harsh for saying that local wallpaper companies sell ugly wallpaper but I'm just a really discerning individual. Plus, can't blame local companies because wallpaper is not commonly part of our culture and the market here is really not as developed as in other parts of the world. Beautiful and unique wallpaper can be bought for affordable prices. Don't get ripped off my friends! Happy decorating.

Will upload pictures of my walls once the wallpaper is done!

Cheers! :)

Disclaimer: All pictures shown are property of their respective sites and owners.

Edited by Issie

I juz did wallpaper for my whole living and dining room.. and 1 wall each for my 2 bedroom. Cost me ard $4k.. My wall paper are from europe, unlike those from korea.. now my whole hse look super super nice and cosy.. =)