Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

What about the brand of the mattress? Has anyone come to this yet?? Which is a better brand??

hihi droplets,

i've chosen Serta Arizona after much consideration as it fits my budget the most and its comfort level is :good: ... wanted to get Simmons initially but its really ex.. Maxcoil Memory foam was second on my mind cos its like tempur and i love tempur(way out of my range as each mattress is at least 2k for single)and have gotten it for my gers(king size mattress cover for them to roll on the floor) cos of its comfort. last but not least, also considered Sealy but cos its new brand, v scared to try...

Serta has many different models can compare the list below:

1. Alabama: highest range of model for Serta. V soft and its fully pocketed spring

2. Arizona: middle range of model for Serta. Firm but also supports cos its pocketed spring + latex.

Other models include Georgia, Atlanta, Minnesota etc... ultimately, u must try on it then can choose what u want.

of cos there are other brands such as dunlopillo, four stars etc it's all a personal choice but do check out its comfort level b4 buying and the shop that u are buying from must also have friendly sales pple.... sleeppost at furniture mall is gd cos Sharon the branch manager is v patient and will explain all the different mattress type and will not push her products. they also carry a v extensive range of brand from dunlopillo to serta.... no commission but sharing from personal experience. if u guys need, can pm me and i'll share my breakdown of price w u...

oh and b4 i forget, check w the shop whether if ur mattress can enter the lift and tell them the level that u are staying in... there will be an extra charge if ur mattress can't fit into the lift and the workers need to carry it up all the way to ur unit... half of it will be borne by the mattress company and the other half by the owner.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Redcrystal

You are welcome to visit my flat after I have collected my keys. Just pm me.

Congrats alister, dino and ms white :good:

so happy for you.

can kaypo kaypo and view your units.

blk d and b layout are very similar, will get an idea how big mine unit will be.

thanks in advance.

I want to join Jo if I can make it. For brand & model, yet to decide. Will do some research these few days if got time.

hi alister,

have u decided on the brand & which model to get??? r u gonna join Jo ; aircon bulk purchase fm Twincity...

have u done any home work on the aircon system..??

We are trying to move in by year end b4 my wife gives birth on 1st wk Jan.

Thanks for your bb ger clothes. If you sure you dun need it anymore (must make sure 3rd kid is a boy liao), we would love to get it from you. Earlier I thot we have to let bb ger wear her brother old clothes when born. :good:

If you free this weekend, we would like to drop by ur hse to kapo kapo if you dun mind. Pls pm me ur contact, date and time.

Thanks

btw alister, will everything be done in time for ur wife's labour? must ask her to stay at home, leave the reno works to u.... if she dun mind, i have a Medela pis at home, can lend her next year... and also, if u need any bb ger clothes, i really do have some, and am willing to pass it on if u dun mind... all in good condition.... :yamseng: oh yeah, and must ask wife to eat more salmon and avocado tooo!!

Hi h4happy

Thanks. Will ask my wife to let you know when is a good time to visit.

Hi

Saw your son!

Look like you!

And also your wife.

DO inivte me to view your renovating house if you agree.

Best regards.

Interested Parties to bulk purchase aircon

1) Zanie 98 (Mistubishi/ Toshiba Inverter System 4)

2) Snuffy (Mitsubishi Non-inverter system 3)

3) ms_white/shay_d (Non-inverter system 3 @ >$2k)

4) droplets (Non-inverter system 4 probably)

5) tension_z (System 2, open to any brands/specs

as long as it is cheap but good enough for living room and MBR)

6) gadgetgal (Mitsubishin Electric - Starmex System 3-in-1 Inverter and System 2-in-1 Inverter)

7) alister (non-inverter system 3 or 4)

Edited by alister

What about the brand of the mattress? Has anyone come to this yet?? Which is a better brand??

Me too getting Serta (Winsconsin=equivalent of Alabama).. I went to test it out last nite @ IMM.. like what Strawberry_pear said.. it's very soft and springy..... NICE :yamseng:!! :good:

Edited by Snuffleupagus

6) gadgetgal (Mitsubishin Electric - Starmex System 3-in-1 Inverter and System 2-in-1 Inverter)

hi ppl... wah... looks like i've miss out alot wor...

hey what's inverter and non inverter?? What's the diff?? any good recommendation??

hi ppl... wah... looks like i've miss out alot wor...

hey what's inverter and non inverter?? What's the diff?? any good recommendation??

Oh I asked the air-con salesman last nite this question...

An inverter air-con the compressor is always running at a variable speed to maintain your room temperature if u set eg. 24deg... it will constantly be 24deg..

Non-inverter what I understand works like a themostat.. once ur room reaches 24deg u set... the compressor will stop running...once it detect that ur room temperature goes up.. the compressor will turn on again and regulate your room temperature down to 24deg... so it's like on off on off ur compressor...

According to that it actually consumes more power everytime it turns on again.... For Inverter the power consumption is more efficient....

I think it really depends on your usage of air-con... Inverter is slightly more pricey.. ard $500-$700++ more than non-inverter cost but savings is on the electricity bills....

Can look at this link.. they did a calculation on electricity bills savings...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9487

http://singapore-aircon-inverter.blogspot.com/

Edited by Snuffleupagus

hihi droplets,

i've chosen Serta Arizona after much consideration as it fits my budget the most and its comfort level is :yamseng: ... wanted to get Simmons initially but its really ex.. Maxcoil Memory foam was second on my mind cos its like tempur and i love tempur(way out of my range as each mattress is at least 2k for single)and have gotten it for my gers(king size mattress cover for them to roll on the floor) cos of its comfort. last but not least, also considered Sealy but cos its new brand, v scared to try...

Serta has many different models can compare the list below:

1. Alabama: highest range of model for Serta. V soft and its fully pocketed spring

2. Arizona: middle range of model for Serta. Firm but also supports cos its pocketed spring + latex.

Other models include Georgia, Atlanta, Minnesota etc... ultimately, u must try on it then can choose what u want.

of cos there are other brands such as dunlopillo, four stars etc it's all a personal choice but do check out its comfort level b4 buying and the shop that u are buying from must also have friendly sales pple.... sleeppost at furniture mall is gd cos Sharon the branch manager is v patient and will explain all the different mattress type and will not push her products. they also carry a v extensive range of brand from dunlopillo to serta.... no commission but sharing from personal experience. if u guys need, can pm me and i'll share my breakdown of price w u...

oh and b4 i forget, check w the shop whether if ur mattress can enter the lift and tell them the level that u are staying in... there will be an extra charge if ur mattress can't fit into the lift and the workers need to carry it up all the way to ur unit... half of it will be borne by the mattress company and the other half by the owner.

Oh mine, another headache... First water heater then aircon now.. mattress.... Stress up! :good:

haha... wah u still rem ah... if i really dun want i will msg here k.... :good:

think 2 door is cfm dun want one the toliet doors.

u guys very good leh share ur info wher to get cheap and worth goodies....too bad i cant join u all but rem to recomend me when i start renovating. i am those lazy ones to go source ard one... haha

still wondering when can i take my loan application.... wait until neck also want to break liao....i want my loan application!:good:! ;)

I also want my loan application!:yamseng: But it will have to be after yours leh...sianz.

Oh mine, another headache... First water heater then aircon now.. mattress.... Stress up! :good:

Where got stress ? So exciting. Still coming up .... LCD TV, Fridge (inverter / non-inverter), washing machines, sofas (synthetic, PVC, half leather, full leather), cooker & hob ... :yamseng:

Interested Parties to bulk purchase aircon

7) alister (non-inverter system 3 or 4)

Well, preferred to go for value for money.

Gain city is not that cheap, a trip to the site (IMM) last weekend have the price different by S$300-400 for a (??), can't remember either system 4-in-1 or system 3-in-1. with a 3/8" insulator. (Personally it's safer to go for 1/2" insulator, if it's hidden inside your L-box).

Allbest is pretty cheap, and their installation is pretty fast too!. my existing aircon was installed by them 2 years ago, and is still running fine n trouble free now.

Allbest gives you one price, and that is the final price. (even tho gain city give high price and bargainable, the best price still can't beat allbest). anyway, below is the rough guide for Allbest.

Starmex - mitsubishi easy clean (4 check for environmental friendly and energy saving):

System 2-in-1 Inverter : S$2140

System 3-in-1 Inverter : S$2738

System 4-in-1 Inverter : S$3538

All above based on 3/8" insulator plus installation (hacking and trunking) and the casement.

For 1/2" insulator, each air-con will need to top-up S$40.

It would be good if anyone have other supplier who can give better price than this, it would be also good to have their background check on the installation work as well.

ps: I only check the two supplier, since other forummer (and some ID) said gaincity is cheap, but seems it is not.

Anyone any advise?

Where got stress ? So exciting. Still coming up .... LCD TV, Fridge (inverter / non-inverter), washing machines, sofas (synthetic, PVC, half leather, full leather), cooker & hob ... :good:

alister, you mean there are inverter & non-inverter fridge!:good:!! :yamseng:

Edited by droplets

Where got stress ? So exciting. Still coming up .... LCD TV, Fridge (inverter / non-inverter), washing machines, sofas (synthetic, PVC, half leather, full leather), cooker & hob ... :yamseng:

Hold on a sec... Fridge also got inverter and non-inverter type? :good:

phew.. anyone went to see Hob&Hood in citygas showroom (near Novena mrt)?.

Just wondering if they do have credit card 0% installment or not. Aiks.. forgot to ask this on my last visit (some forum said they do, some said they don't).

Any info on where we can see a full range of Hob&Hood like citygas? (some says the price there is more expensive). Been to IMM, but can't see much range/type of Hob&Hood like citygas showroom.

Where got stress ? So exciting. Still coming up .... LCD TV, Fridge (inverter / non-inverter), washing machines, sofas (synthetic, PVC, half leather, full leather), cooker & hob ... :good:

Ya very exciting to choose and buy hor... Then lagi exciting when you see your bank balance drop and the debts increase!

Fridge is on 24/7 so very important to buy one that is cost efficient, and washing machine must check whether both save water and electricity or not.

My cousin works in Panasonic, I've asked him whether got lobang but he said staff price only 5-10% off the RRP. He said he know dealer who can give better price as dealer gets bulk from suppliers like Panasonic. If any of you want to compare prices (can be any brand) I can find out from my cousin the contact and give you.

Anyway my cousin said don't buy Panasonic washing machines, he said use up lots of water one.