Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi all my propective neighbours...

Checking in after refer by Strawberry_pear. Met her and Keat at her appt and referred here to meet all of you.

My unit is 79C 12th floor 110sqm with the roof top garden, so we can all do BBQ there. Got it thru Balloting.

I collect my keys yesterday. Quite a dissapointment to see all the rooms being tiny. All electrical point and SCV pts at ridiculous location...

The Masterbed room cannot even fit a King-size bed. My god... Cannot even imagine the enormous wardrobe that my wife need. Sad story... Look at the junk I current have, dun know how to fit in, not forgetting my son's toys. :)

Nvrmind, the appt, will be great to meet all neighbours...

My interest:

1. Marine/reef aquarium

2. Classic cars, can join me for car wash in MSCP

3. Sea Sport

4. Golf (Amaturish)

5. Work - Industrial Automation. IT

6. EPL Fan Club - Arsenal FC (Man U Fan stay clear :notti: )

First Wife Club interest:

1. Manicure/Peticure

2. Foot Massage

3. NeoPet

4. My son

5. Manage my finances

6. Cantonese Soap Opera

7. Making me mad

Son's Interested (2yo)

1. Automotive

2. Playground

3. Bully my first wife

A word concerning reno... Will it not be cheaper if we engage 1 ID and contractor to do up a few units to cut cost??? Anybody interested and starting reno this month or next, PM me if you like the idea.

I will be getting my ID from the guy who design the Pinincle @ Duxton (Award winning ID and scholarship at Uni, I know bcos my Camp-mate, Uni-mate) and my contractor for my office to do the reno. Since they have benefited from renovating my office, I think they will give me a good price.

hello nakazoru!:D!:good:!:)!:)!!!!!!!!!!!!really glad to see u here!!

btw, think i saw u bringing ur parents up this afternoon @around 1.30pm issit? when will ur renos be starting?? as for the bbq, :notti::notti: of cos we'll like to come for it!!! yeahh!!! can we settle for christmas bbq then?? hehehehehe ...

btw, the rooms are small but wat can we do? nowadays flats are all like that so no choice la, let's make the best out of it!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hello nakazoru!:D!:good:!:)!:)!!!!!!!!!!!!really glad to see u here!!

btw, think i saw u bringing ur parents up this afternoon @around 1.30pm issit? when will ur renos be starting?? as for the bbq, :notti::notti: of cos we'll like to come for it!!! yeahh!!! can we settle for christmas bbq then?? hehehehehe ...

btw, the rooms are small but wat can we do? nowadays flats are all like that so no choice la, let's make the best out of it!

I did bring my in-laws but I think it abt 3pm, maybe you get the time wrong. :)

I guess will only start reno next month, dun want to rush like mad.

I sort of decided on only 2 things :bath: Gas water heater and Dryer, from Citigas. Consider the Laundry area is limited. If do cooking, my wash cloths will be smelling of curry...

You know, I really wana see your wardrobe done up. How abt your parents room, you puting a queen size bed?

BBQ Christmas? I dun think I move in yet. :notti:

I visited some showflats for blk 79.

I was expecting to see something more actually, ie the carpentary workmanship but I only saw some paintworks and false ceiling

but was happy to bump into gadget man at the door.

I must say that the room size is freaking small.

: (

i got this quote from AllBest, Daikin sysem 3 non inverter @ $2171. (18k/12k/9K BTU), 2 trip installation with 5years installation warranty. Is this reasonable?

I visited some showflats for blk 79.

I was expecting to see something more actually, ie the carpentary workmanship but I only saw some paintworks and false ceiling

but was happy to bump into gadget man at the door.

I must say that the room size is freaking small.

: (

Welcome to Blk79 - HDB's showcase for modern-day living in an unrealistically tight environment!

Sorry I was expecting tension_z to be a guy, so it did not hit me the first instance that it was you at my unit ;) Anyway, welcome to my place! Sorry it wasn't more completed as you have hope it to be. I have spoken to my ID (yes, the other guy you saw at the office), and accordingly the carpentry works will be coming in in the next two weeks or so. Tomorrow will be the painting of the house and Thursday the lighting works. Hopefully, if you come back again by then, there will be more things to see :good: Trust me, I am as anxious to see how the house will look like when completed!

!!

Hi all

Went to HDB site and read up on the rules for air-con installation. As I have seen the 40 amps main switch at Gadgetman's flat, I think we can install up to 2 compressors.

I am thinking of getting system 3 for 2 bedrooms & living room. System 1 for mbr. I think it's workable, but have to check.

Pls see the link below for the case study of buying 1 compressor against 2 compressor. Seems like having 2 compressors is a better combination for me as I dun switch on air-con frequently.

http://singapore-aircon-combination.blogspot.com/

Flats with 40 amps main switch and flats upgraded under Main Upgrading Programme (MUP)

No control on running current of electrical appliances. But to be restricted by 20amps DP isolator or 15amps power point.

No restriction on number of casement/window unit air-conditioners.

Maximum of 2 split-type air-conditioner condensing units (max. weight of 110 kg each) are allowed to be installed externally.

For wall mounted air-con condensing units, each wall panel is allowed to mount only 1 air-con condensing unit.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...es?OpenDocument

Hi all

Went to HDB site and read up on the rules for air-con installation. As I have seen the 40 amps main switch at Gadgetman's flat, I think we can install up to 2 compressors.

I am thinking of getting system 3 for 2 bedrooms & living room. System 1 for mbr. I think it's workable, but have to check.

Pls see the link below for the case study of buying 1 compressor against 2 compressor. Seems like having 2 compressors is a better combination for me as I dun switch on air-con frequently.

http://singapore-aircon-combination.blogspot.com/

Flats with 40 amps main switch and flats upgraded under Main Upgrading Programme (MUP)

No control on running current of electrical appliances. But to be restricted by 20amps DP isolator or 15amps power point.

No restriction on number of casement/window unit air-conditioners.

Maximum of 2 split-type air-conditioner condensing units (max. weight of 110 kg each) are allowed to be installed externally.

For wall mounted air-con condensing units, each wall panel is allowed to mount only 1 air-con condensing unit.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...es?OpenDocument

thks alister! very good info... think now will got a clearer picture of aircon specs with this info liao.... haha :bangwall:

Another aircon FAQ :

How do I determine the air conditioner capacity required for my room?For a quick estimation, we can use the rule of thumb:

Area (Length x Width) X 65 = BTU/hr

E.g. Room size 10ft X 10ft = 100ft2 X 65 = 6,500BTU/hr.

Hi Neighbours,

You guys are great! :bow::D:thumbs up: Really amazed by how united among the neighbours are even before we move in. In fact, I like the idea of joining together for bulk purchase to save some money. Although I have bought the bed and aircon, I think I will be keen for the home theatre system.

Just some sharing with you over what I've gotten over the past weeks.

Bed : Bought Simmons Classic from Ackerman & Smith at the expo exhibition beginning of this month. Thanks to my hubby-to-be who lovingly agreed to get this bed although it's very much out of his $$$ expectation.... hee... Thanks Dear!!! Our salesperson (Jim) is extremely patient & knowledgeable. :good::good: :good: Not forgetting he is very generous to throw in a lot of good stuff for us. :drunk::(

In short we got:

- Simmons Classic (king-sized) mattress, with Simmons mattress protector, 2 Simmons Neckcare pillows with pocketed spring, 2 bolsters @ $3,600

- Vicaro 2-Drawer Divan Set with Headboard @ $1,200

Aircon : Bought LG Non-Inverter Multi-Split (system 3) for $1,580 at IMM (Best Tech Air-con - from Desmond). He also gave us $170 service voucher valid for 3 years.

We chose this over Mitsubishi StarMex as LG non-inverter aircon is rated Highest Energy Efficiency Ration (EER) by National Energy Agency (NEA) as of 21 Sept 06. Total cooling capacity 25,000 Btu/h (I think Starmex is 24,000 btu/h, correct me if I remember wrongly). Rated EER: 13.32. The higher the EER, the more energy efficient the air-conditioner is. Moreover got Energy Label (3 Ticks) awarded by NEA. Can read up on NEA FAQs for extra info : http://www.nccc.gov.sg/faq/faq.shtm

Laminate Flooring : Liased directly with Supreme although we engaged ID. Got the AC5 grade at a very good price coz ID charge us higher. Can pm me if required.

Edited by almonddust

Hi Neighbours,

You guys are great! :fire::thumbs up::thumbs up: Really amazed by how united among the neighbours are even before we move in. In fact, I like the idea of joining together for bulk purchase to save some money. Although I have bought the bed and aircon, I think I will be keen for the home theatre system.

Just some sharing with you over what I've gotten over the past weeks.

Bed : Bought Simmons Classic from Ackerman & Smith at the expo exhibition beginning of this month. Thanks to my hubby-to-be who lovingly agreed to get this bed although it's very much out of his $$$ expectation.... hee... Thanks Dear!!! Our salesperson (Jim) is extremely patient & knowledgeable. :good::good: :good: Not forgetting he is very generous to throw in a lot of good stuff for us. :P:fire:

In short we got:

- Simmons Classic (king-sized) mattress, with Simmons mattress protector, 2 Simmons Neckcare pillows with pocketed spring, 2 bolsters @ $3,600

Aircon : Bought LG Non-Inverter Multi-Split (system 3) for $1,580 at IMM (Best Tech Air-con - from Desmond). He also gave us $170 service voucher valid for 3 years.

We chose this over Mitsubishi StarMex as LG non-inverter aircon is rated Highest Energy Efficiency Ration (EER) by National Energy Agency (NEA) as of 21 Sept 06. Total cooling capacity 25,000 Btu/h (I think Starmex is 24,000 btu/h, correct me if I remember wrongly). Rated EER: 13.32. The higher the EER, the more energy efficient the air-conditioner is. Moreover got Energy Label (3 Ticks) awarded by NEA. Can read up on NEA FAQs for extra info : http://www.nccc.gov.sg/faq/faq.shtm

Laminate Flooring : Liased directly with Supreme although we engaged ID. Got the AC5 grade at a very good price coz ID charge us higher. Can pm me if required.

Hi almonddust,

We got Simmons Classic from Akerman too. Didnt get it at the expo exhibition though. They were having 3rd anniversay sale last sat and sun then. Bought a queen-sized mattress cos our room too small :(

Dear neighbours,

Just want to check what is the estimated time for HDB to rectify the defects. We have submitted the defects list on 4 Oct but the defects are still not rectified yet.

Also, does anyone know the number to call for cement sreeding.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Hi Neighbours,

Bed : Bought Simmons Classic from Ackerman & Smith at the expo exhibition beginning of this month. Thanks to my hubby-to-be who lovingly agreed to get this bed although it's very much out of his $$$ expectation.... hee... Thanks Dear!:fire: Our salesperson (Jim) is extremely patient & knowledgeable. :thumbs up::thumbs up: !! Not forgetting he is very generous to throw in a lot of good stuff for us. :P:fire:

In short we got:

Hi almonddust;

Good choice on the Simmons. But really King is overkill in our MBR, maybe you hack the adj room.

Is the LG you bought has a Artcool header? The LG is actually very popular in US and Europe. If it is Artcool, like to see if it is noisy, read some review that Artcool is louder than regular header, but I like the design.

Hi almonddust,

We got Simmons Classic from Akerman too. Didnt get it at the expo exhibition though. They were having 3rd anniversay sale last sat and sun then. Bought a queen-sized mattress cos our room too small :furious:

Dear neighbours,

Just want to check what is the estimated time for HDB to rectify the defects. We have submitted the defects list on 4 Oct but the defects are still not rectified yet.

Also, does anyone know the number to call for cement sreeding.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

M&M,

HDB cement screeding form :

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/isoa072p.nsf/13e5455...OTH_FL_FORM.pdf

Other HDB forms :

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/isoa072p.nsf/CategoryWIS?OpenView

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10200p.nsf/eS...&ExpandView

Just did an incredibly crazy thing yesterday on my renovation plans...

Have decided after much thought and debate with wife that the COMPLETED cornice section outside the kitchen may have to go to make way for a more practical storage cabinet. It's very heartpain cos its more $$$ down the drain and the item is already 100% done. But I think it is better to bite the bullet now than to live with a mistake that I will regret more later on. Storage space is really a premium in our ultra congested flat and the area taken up by the cornice could have been put into much better use . Hope my ID can quote me a good price for the new design, if it is too expensive may be back to square one again....

Also requested to trade our instant water heaters to an electric drum heater. It really seem a bit silly if all the pipings are already done and we don't use them - this was a point I could not reconcile with for a long time. This means that I will have to trade off by living with an ugly-looking device on the top of my kitchen, but on the bright side, we can now have hot water for the kitchen (which was what my wife want all along), and we won't have to run the risk of instant electric heaters spoiling the looks of our toilets.

Hope we won't have any more last-minute changes...already wasted quite a bit of "Yuan Wang" money already... :(:(:(

Just did an incredibly crazy thing yesterday on my renovation plans...

Have decided after much thought and debate with wife that the COMPLETED cornice section outside the kitchen may have to go to make way for a more practical storage cabinet. It's very heartpain cos its more $$$ down the drain and the item is already 100% done. But I think it is better to bite the bullet now than to live with a mistake that I will regret more later on. Storage space is really a premium in our ultra congested flat and the area taken up by the cornice could have been put into much better use . Hope my ID can quote me a good price for the new design, if it is too expensive may be back to square one again....

Also requested to trade our instant water heaters to an electric drum heater. It really seem a bit silly if all the pipings are already done and we don't use them - this was a point I could not reconcile with for a long time. This means that I will have to trade off by living with an ugly-looking device on the top of my kitchen, but on the bright side, we can now have hot water for the kitchen (which was what my wife want all along), and we won't have to run the risk of instant electric heaters spoiling the looks of our toilets.

Hope we won't have any more last-minute changes...already wasted quite a bit of "Yuan Wang" money already... :(:curse::lol:

Oh no! :( Hopefully it won't cost you too much. But it really does make more sense to change it into a storage cabinet. :(