Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

1) Zanie 98 (Mistubishi/ Toshiba Inverter System 4)

2) Snuffy (Mitsubishi Non-inverter system 3)

3) ms_white/shay_d (Non-inverter system 3 @ >$2k)

4) droplets (Non-inverter system 4 probably)

5) tension_z (System 2, open to any brands/specs

as long as it is cheap but good enough for living room and MBR)

6) gadgetgal (Mitsubishin Electric - Starmex System 3-in-1 Inverter and System 2-in-1 Inverter)

7)dino(system 3 or 4,looking for one with higher fan power with inverter. any suggestion??)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi strawberry_pear & josephine & carelinwen,

Wonder if you receive my PM. I m new to writing forum, not sure whether it was sent or not, my outbox empty ley.

Hi All,

on the subject of mattresses, I recommend the brand Lotus. I bought it from Harvey Norman 2 years ago. Don't think they are selling the brand now. Can try robinsons. Anyway, the first time I tried sleeping on it, it was heaven :dunno: Feels like your body is floating on it and yet firm enough to not give you a backache.

It is hand made from latex and foam. It is Anti-Sagging, dust mite resistant, etc... It even has aloe vera to help you sleep better! !!

You all can also try Omazz which is something like Lotus but i think it is more expensive. My King size mattress cost me $2k+ at that time. It is worth every penny. :P

anyone interested in this brand Lotus can get it from parkmall... i saw the showroom there beside the simmons showroom but it looks v ex.... hehe still v happy w my serta afterall :paint:

Hi strawberry_pear & josephine & carelinwen,

Wonder if you receive my PM. I m new to writing forum, not sure whether it was sent or not, my outbox empty ley.

hihi xinni, replied liao!! :P

Hi doremi,

thanks for the info!! ;)

Will start Hob&Hood hunting based on citygas showroom price. I believe without 0% neighbourhood electrical shop can offer even cheaper. Does anyone know where to find electrical shops where I can see lots of different range and compare prices?. say Balestier, Jln Besar, etc?.

Wishing to save time by visiting an area where there are lots of shops to compare prices with.

hihi gadgetgal,

u can go to alexandra opp ikea.... walk through all the shops and make Aik Leong @blk 123 ur last shop... tell the lady boss the prices that u saw and she will try to match and even lower... v gd service and price :D she has a range of fridge, tv, washer, hood and hob, oven etc....

!! I Think My View Will Be Blocked!!:paint:

Sigh...was up at my place today to see how the new proposed building next to TPY Entertainment Centre will affect the view of the swimming pool from my unit (this will probably affect all Blk79C units 39 and 41 as well).

This is the view before the proposed building (click to enlarge, focus on the swimming pool):

th_Before.jpg

This is the simulated one after the proposed building (click to enlarge to compare again):

th_Blockedview.jpg

At least half the swimming pool will be potentially blocked! Bye Bye nice blue water....

Strawberry Pear, can you also confirm the accuracy of my prediction the next time you go to your unit?

Edited by gadgetman

Hi All,

on the subject of mattresses, I recommend the brand Lotus. I bought it from Harvey Norman 2 years ago. Don't think they are selling the brand now. Can try robinsons. Anyway, the first time I tried sleeping on it, it was heaven :P Feels like your body is floating on it and yet firm enough to not give you a backache.

It is hand made from latex and foam. It is Anti-Sagging, dust mite resistant, etc... It even has aloe vera to help you sleep better! :)

You all can also try Omazz which is something like Lotus but i think it is more expensive. My King size mattress cost me $2k+ at that time. It is worth every penny. :(

Lotus brand IMM also have - same shop as Omazz.

was checking out Omazz mattress when saw this brand but find the sales woman very .... :P

most likely will settle on Omazz mattress which i try in Robinson Ctpt - v comfy.

know it's v ex but after trying cannot forget leh.

will treat this as a investment.

Hi all

Here's the link for some readup about air-con.

http://singapore-aircon.blogspot.com/

have readup but air-con is not my league.

after reading aso don't understand. :wub:

most likely will bulk purchase with you guy and save me the trouble.

Hi neighbours,

I nid to check something with you. Can your household shelter door's handle turn upwards (locking position) in 90 degree?? mine can't. I hv reported this as defect but was being told by one officer at the service counter at our building that rectification cannot be done. the supplier told him that civil defence has given them approval and it shd be safe for usage. i wonder whether it's normal that the handle can only be turned to 45 degree with all my "cow" strength...even my hb and the officer can't make it turn to 90 degree. wonder izzit we too "yim jing" (choosy).... :good:

Lotus brand IMM also have - same shop as Omazz.

was checking out Omazz mattress when saw this brand but find the sales woman very .... :P

most likely will settle on Omazz mattress which i try in Robinson Ctpt - v comfy.

know it's v ex but after trying cannot forget leh.

will treat this as a investment.

Hi Redcrystal,

Omazz mattress on sale at Robinsons this weekend. Quite good discounts especially if you are Robinson Card Member. After all the discounts, still have 5% rebate on your credit card bill. :good:

Where got stress ? So exciting. Still coming up .... LCD TV, Fridge (inverter / non-inverter), washing machines, sofas (synthetic, PVC, half leather, full leather), cooker & hob ... :good:

*faint*... so many things to headache... fridge also got inverter/non inverter??? wah... sofa also got so many kinds...?? so many things to take care of... exams, stressful work, house, wedding... help... breathless liao... pocket 1 big hole la...:good:! *faint again* :P

*faint*... so many things to headache... fridge also got inverter/non inverter??? wah... sofa also got so many kinds...?? so many things to take care of... exams, stressful work, house, wedding... help... breathless liao... pocket 1 big hole la...:yamseng:! *faint again* :rolleyes:

i fully understand how u feel! soon..it'll be 1 big backside of debts! :jawdrop:

Hi strawberry_pear,

can pm me the price for Serta Alabama

hi strawberry pear,

pls pm me on the price for yr mattress too, is it fm the back care range?

*faint*... so many things to headache... fridge also got inverter/non inverter??? wah... sofa also got so many kinds...?? so many things to take care of... exams, stressful work, house, wedding... help... breathless liao... pocket 1 big hole la...:P! *faint again* :sport-smiley-004:

Sorry to add to your woes...but I think you have missed out the LCD TV too! That is easily another $2000+ if you are looking for a 40inch and above! :P

Hi neighbours,

I nid to check something with you. Can your household shelter door's handle turn upwards (locking position) in 90 degree?? mine can't. I hv reported this as defect but was being told by one officer at the service counter at our building that rectification cannot be done. the supplier told him that civil defence has given them approval and it shd be safe for usage. i wonder whether it's normal that the handle can only be turned to 45 degree with all my "cow" strength...even my hb and the officer can't make it turn to 90 degree. wonder izzit we too "yim jing" (choosy).... :P

Hi doremi, we oso reported the same thing to the town council and had the same reply as urs...

you are not too "yim jim" la... I even reported that the window alignment is out when you close the ledge at the open and bottom :P but i think it cannot be done :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by pink_sea79

:P:P

hi to all neighbours,

my one-penny worth of opinion:- Fridge get Made in Japan. Can last very long. After buy and put into place, dont ON the fridge until 4 hrs later so that the machine can settle down then it will not spoilt so easily. likewise if u wanna shift hse, off it then wait for 4 hrs later before lifting it up for shifting. Yes, there are inverter and non-inverter ones. i just got Mitshibitshi Folio. Freezer at the bottom. Harvey Norman for this model MR CL38J -T has $300 discount (while stock last) Hence its cheaper than those neighbourhood shops (i've checked their pricing). Got $80 robinson voucher also. was told it will use est $11 per mth for electricity bill (inverter liao) But the discounted price is still q ex cos its from Japan and not made in Thailand. -$1599. (blessing from my mother-in-law *grin*)

As for washing machine, i heard Thomson is 'lao-zhao-bai' and has proven itself thru the many yrs.. brandt and whirlpool not bad i heard also.. but thomson super ex la... but think i'll get that cos very slim with its top loading design (the drum inside function like those front load). Heard Jap brands not as good as those made in euro countries.. but not sure la

as for aircon, to all who are interested, i've chked and seems like Twin City prices cheaper than Gain cxxy. Also Gain cxxy uses class '1' pipes while Twin uses Class 'O' type. Class 'O' is better. Ive asked for the bulk prices, they say will give us $200 worth of servicing voucher. Each service (if you got 3 air-con) is extimated at $40-50. Hence you will be able to have 4-5 FOC servicing. Whether you ON your air-con anot, its good to service so as to keep the machine work longer (not sure true anot! haha) THen ive chk the piping and insulator etc, all same as ALLBEST- copper wiring at 23'' inches. this is impt.

As mentioned in previously, i personally feel both Twin City and Allbest can get. prices similiar. (Twin $1-5 cheaper only) but now with bulk we can get servicing vouchers la.. ALLbest cannot. very fixed prices.

As for whatever model you want, check up ALLBEST first and then tell/ bargain with TwinCity. eventually if you decide to get with other dealers or Allbest also nv mind. just no $200 vouchers la.. so if u still interested.. then i can collate the CONFIRM list and tell Twin by a deadline say 31OCt? Anyone after that no more vouchers if you still wanna use Twin la.. Allbest is also good btw.. cos it has been awarded CaseTrust. =) hope tis helps you all...

JO

y not we arrange to go to Twin City this sunday together, n place our bulk order, coz more pple can get better deal le.. btw where is Twin city....??

i heard that mitshibishi starmex system 3 is not an ideal choice if u gonna ON 2 or 3 rms at same time as it will not be cool enou. heard fm salesperson(Gain IMM) that Toshiba n fujisu (too EX le) is powerful enou to keep all 3 rms chill even u on all at the same time le... but the Toshiba model is quite old nw not so trendy look.... sigh... still dun noe which to choose le....so if we go down together can kaypoh here n there maybe will hv a better idea or able to find a electric saving model.. :sport-smiley-004::good: can also come across another forum sharing aircon info.... there are numerous on the instalation problem like linking pipes n no show on appt fix for instalation fm AllBexx . so quite wary of that store le... so hw wanna go this sunday... go aircon bulk purchase... Jo can bring us there... Guys anyone interested to join this sunday??? :notti::notti::notti::notti:

1) dino n hubby

Edited by dino

Hi,

This sunday, I will be meeting an ID from substance to see a show flat in Toa Payoh, don't know if it is one of your flats, hehe.

I am meeting him at 2pm. I can only make it in the late afternoon or evening if you all are going this sunday.

keep me updated ok?