Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi everyone

still waiting for my keys... cannot tahan oredi... just mailed my loan application to HDB yesterday, so dunno when i can get my keys.. sighz...

btw, do you pple have any pics of blk 79 from construction until now? can pm me if you have? thanks in advance! :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh no! I've just been kak-tok by Substance!! Went to see the contract I signed and realised the total I have to pay for relaying my tiles will be: $4758!:bangwall:! Meaning, it will cost me $2379 per bathroom! Wah! Ok, here's what the quote says:

1)Supply Labour and materials to overlay Anti-Slip Homogeneous Floor Tiles @ 2 Bathrooms: $688.

2)Supply Labour and materials to overlay Anti-Slip Homogeneous Wall Tiles @ 2 Bathrooms: $2570

3)Suppply and Lay Motar Base Cement Screed @ 2 Bathrooms Floor and Wall: $1500

Grand Total: $4758!:yamseng:!:P:dunno:

Wah biang!!! To think I actually signed with him? And why would I need antislip wall tiles for? I don't walk on the walls... :dunno:

Ms White: Wat was the amt he quoted you?

wah...it's very costly leh....

heng i didn't confirm my deal with them...think like that, i will drop them already lah....

:furious:

heng i didn't confirm my deal with them...think like that, i will drop them already lah....

:bangwall:

huh.. really bo?? i just confirmed with them leh

Oh no! I've just been kak-tok by Substance!! Went to see the contract I signed and realised the total I have to pay for relaying my tiles will be: $4758!:bangwall:! Meaning, it will cost me $2379 per bathroom! Wah! Ok, here's what the quote says:

1)Supply Labour and materials to overlay Anti-Slip Homogeneous Floor Tiles @ 2 Bathrooms: $688.

2)Supply Labour and materials to overlay Anti-Slip Homogeneous Wall Tiles @ 2 Bathrooms: $2570

Grand Total: $4758!:yamseng:!:P:dunno:

Wah biang!!! To think I actually signed with him? And why would I need antislip wall tiles for? I don't walk on the walls... :furious:

Hi Zanie,

Maybe they mean that they will supply you with $26/pc tiles all the way! In that case, you can go to Hafary and only consider those beautiful tiles that are priced NOT LOWER than $20 each! If you do that, I am quite sure they will happily sit down with you to "re-look" the quote :dunno:

Cheers!

Hi a-star

I went to get a quote from them before. Was served by a lady named be***ly. She was very friendly and warm but don't think she really know abt interior design coz she suggested some ideas which are totally unworkable for our flat. We didn't bother to go back to her after her first quote

Hope this info helps! (^_^)

Same for me. I approached a lady by name of Iren*. Somehow also feel she is not experience enough and the 3D pict showed to me not impressive. Asked them to requote & redo the 3D but still not satisfied, so didn't use them in the end.

Hi zanie98 and alister, thanks for the feedback. We are still pondering about them. Was served by Irene, but have not seen the quote yet. So wait and see.

If anyone actually using them, would appreciate comments.

Oh no! I've just been kak-tok by Substance!! Went to see the contract I signed and realised the total I have to pay for relaying my tiles will be: $4758!:notti:! Meaning, it will cost me $2379 per bathroom! Wah! Ok, here's what the quote says:

Grand Total: $4758!:P!!! :dunno:

Wah biang!!! To think I actually signed with him? And why would I need antislip wall tiles for? I don't walk on the walls... :furious:

I think item3 looks strange. Better to clarify w your ID. :unsure:

hi ebing... i think so.. but not sure if its that one. that's a very nice piece too cos reflective. =) i wanna get that too in the beginning but later saw the roses... and the story ended. haha. i mixed the red rose with white and the common toilet i use the black rose totally. hopefully everything will turn out nice. <crossing my fingers>

ya the cement screeding is super long! those got keys can start queueing liao. haha.

:notti:

Hi Sushibabe

Dun worry lah. A number of our neighbours are using them and I dun think got problem. Maybe they misquote. Gadgetman, Ms_White & Strawberry_pear using them now and I dun hear them complaining.

Edited by alister

hi ebing... i think so.. but not sure if its that one. that's a very nice piece too cos reflective. =) i wanna get that too in the beginning but later saw the roses... and the story ended. haha. i mixed the red rose with white and the common toilet i use the black rose totally. hopefully everything will turn out nice. <crossing my fingers>

ya the cement screeding is super long! those got keys can start queueing liao. haha.

coz hdb only got one contractor doing cement screeding.. but mayb u can try ur luck by asking ur id to chase the hdb technical officer.. hehe.. tat is wat we did n in the end they cemend screed for us within one week.. for those collected keys, u can submit the form for cement screeding when u submit ur defects form.. this will also speed up the process..... :notti:

My air-con pipe is done b4 the false ceiling goes up. Also thot the false ceiling is use to conceal the pipes ?

But when I go thru my pictures, realised some pipes will not be concealed. Also read somewhere pipes shouldn't conceal incase there is a leak, we can still identify where. Can others share ?

I will be buying normal standing fan, not those ceiling fans.

My downlights are $26 for double tube (13w x 2) & $19 for single tube (10w). Atco ballast & Osram tubes.

dsc01513oq9.th.jpg

Same for me. I approached a lady by name of Iren*. Somehow also feel she is not experience enough and the 3D pict showed to me not impressive. Asked them to requote & redo the 3D but still not satisfied, so didn't use them in the end.

i'm not sure if aircon should go up first or false ceiling... but heard that it's best not to have anything (such as wardrobe/false ceiling/etc) to conceal... it'll be troublesom if there's condensation or if the aircon spoil...

coz hdb only got one contractor doing cement screeding.. but mayb u can try ur luck by asking ur id to chase the hdb technical officer.. hehe.. tat is wat we did n in the end they cemend screed for us within one week.. for those collected keys, u can submit the form for cement screeding when u submit ur defects form.. this will also speed up the process..... :bleah:

hah...? then that means must wait for them to do cement then id can do laminate then can do the rest of the work like wardrobe, bed head, false ceiling, etc??? :notti: alamak!:bleah:

ya... u should call them... i called them before i submit mine (initial intention is to clarify some doubts)... i then ask when can i expect to collect the keys and the officer say she will help to indicate on my file that's it's urgent... True enough, 1 week aft i submit my application, i'm informed to collect keys... hehe... Guess what? on the key collection day, i saw a sticker with "urgent" on the front of the my file...

so, try to call them as ask them to expedite lah... no harm calling mah... :)

Ebing, you're very lucky leh. I called my case officer like 3 times to request for expedition for my case, in the end I still waited one whole month to get my keys. My time is very tight cos I studying overseas. Purposely flew back to submit the loan application the very day I landed, and I even called to let her know I submitted liao. She said "yes yes I will try to expedite". I got a plane to catch next month, die die must finish my renovation, then weeks creep by, still no news! called two more times, and I keep hearing "er, i dunno leh, let me check... oh! your case doing some finance thingie", we called loan dept, they say got no record of my case :(:unsure: One month wasted waiting... :( We starting reno next week the day after we get keys, but I think I will have to fly back before I get to even live in my new flat... not enough time to finish liao... sigh. Next week when I collect my keys I will spy at my paperwork to see if "URGENT" is stamped on it or not.

Btw, Alister, thanks for the info on the Citygas sale. I just checked forum today and swooped down there right after I saw your post. Bought Rinnai hood and hob right on the spot. Over 100 bucks cheaper than if I bought from Poh Joo. The Rinnai promoter quite funny, she was like "so, you living in toa payoh issit? I know. Must be Blk 79. I sold quite a few of this hob to blk 79 ppl in the last few days!"

Wa. TPY famous liao. Read on.

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao visits Toa Payoh New Town

By Teoh Song Keng/Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia

Posted: 21 November 2007 1704 hrs

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao

SINGAPORE: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao, who is here to attend the ASEAN summit and related meetings, dropped by Toa Payoh New Town for a visit Wednesday morning.

Hosted by Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan, Mr Wen arrived at the HDB Hub for a briefing on how Singapore manages its public housing projects.

The Chinese premier also visited a family who is living in a four-room flat at Toa Payoh Lorong 2.

Leong Yin, 78, moved in two years ago after his flat underwent HDB's Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS). And he said Premier Wen asked about the price of his unit.

Touring the estate, Mr Wen was warmly received by the public.

"I shook his hands and said hello. It (was) very special. It's not easy being premier to 1.3 billion people. He's very personable, even shaking hands with common folks. It's great," said resident Zhang Jin Zhi.

The premier also went to the Toa Payoh Community Club during the hour-long visit. - CNA/ac

Ebing, you're very lucky leh. I called my case officer like 3 times to request for expedition for my case, in the end I still waited one whole month to get my keys. My time is very tight cos I studying overseas. Purposely flew back to submit the loan application the very day I landed, and I even called to let her know I submitted liao. She said "yes yes I will try to expedite". I got a plane to catch next month, die die must finish my renovation, then weeks creep by, still no news! called two more times, and I keep hearing "er, i dunno leh, let me check... oh! your case doing some finance thingie", we called loan dept, they say got no record of my case :(:unsure: One month wasted waiting... :( We starting reno next week the day after we get keys, but I think I will have to fly back before I get to even live in my new flat... not enough time to finish liao... sigh. Next week when I collect my keys I will spy at my paperwork to see if "URGENT" is stamped on it or not.

Btw, Alister, thanks for the info on the Citygas sale. I just checked forum today and swooped down there right after I saw your post. Bought Rinnai hood and hob right on the spot. Over 100 bucks cheaper than if I bought from Poh Joo. The Rinnai promoter quite funny, she was like "so, you living in toa payoh issit? I know. Must be Blk 79. I sold quite a few of this hob to blk 79 ppl in the last few days!"

Hi Zeester

Were u one of the people who visited my flat when I collected my keys last month ? Same for me, I highlighted abt my wife pregnancy. Call them over 10 times, called 3 different people, wrote email twice and I still get by keys slightly after 1 month. :(

So u bought cheaper than Poh Joo ? Can let me know what model and how much CityGas quoted u? I have yet to purchase my as I have not gone down to Poh Joo yet. If really cheaper I can save one trip and get from Citygas direct.

Must ask the promotor (Jenny ?) to give me special price liao. :)

Edited by alister

Hi Zeester

Were u one of the people who visited my flat when I collected my keys last month ? Same for me, I highlighted abt my wife pregnancy. Call them over 10 times, called 3 different people, wrote email twice and I still get by keys slightly after 1 month. :unsure:

So u bought cheaper than Poh Joo ? Can let me know what model and how much CityGas quoted u? I have yet to purchase my as I have not gone down to Poh Joo yet. If really cheaper I can save one trip and get from Citygas direct.

Must ask the promotor (Jenny ?) to give me special price liao. :(

Hehe, I think u can totally ask Jenny for special price liao. :)

I PM'ed the price to you already. I think for me the price difference was significant cos the 2 models I got was a little on the expensive side. Wat to do? My mama liked the inner-flame thingie when she saw it. Have to splurge on her, and get a smaller TV now.

Too bad I didn't know Wen Jiabao was coming this morning! I could have gone over to kaypoh and take photos! oops... hehe

Oh no! I've just been kak-tok by Substance!! Went to see the contract I signed and realised the total I have to pay for relaying my tiles will be: $4758!:unsure:! Meaning, it will cost me $2379 per bathroom! Wah! Ok, here's what the quote says:

Grand Total: $4758!:(!:):drunk:

Wah biang!:( To think I actually signed with him? And why would I need antislip wall tiles for? I don't walk on the walls... :(

i would only comment that...can't compare. different ID earn in some areas, quote cheaper in others. i wouldn't say mine is any cheaper than yours, if you include motar base. take strawberry_pear & gadgetman, their overlay of TILES ONLY is already cheaper than mine.

i did ask him abt this "anti-slip wall tiles" as well, there was an explanation which i can't remember wat was it. but to be fair to eesy, he didn't charge us for some things which we added &/or changed too. at the same time, he did mention prices are quoted on a maximum. when there's excess, it'll be deducted...e.g. our solid surface is quoted up to 30ft..we definitely won't require 30ft of solid surface in such a small kitchen.

as for us, we've committed and to date, things have been quite smooth and we're not in a hurry too. if u're concerned, would suggest you clarify with him. it's not good to have any conflicts later, especially when money matters are concerned.

Hehe, I think u can totally ask Jenny for special price liao. :drunk:

I PM'ed the price to you already. I think for me the price difference was significant cos the 2 models I got was a little on the expensive side. Wat to do? My mama liked the inner-flame thingie when she saw it. Have to splurge on her, and get a smaller TV now.

Too bad I didn't know Wen Jiabao was coming this morning! I could have gone over to kaypoh and take photos! oops... hehe

hi zeester, would u mind to PM me the price too? :good:

Hi Sushibabe

Dun worry lah. A number of our neighbours are using them and I dun think got problem. Maybe they misquote. Gadgetman, Ms_White & Strawberry_pear using them now and I dun hear them complaining.

:good: let's not say too early. it's very jinxed! the day anyone of us complain is the day their reputation will sweep the floor due to unforgiveable mistakes. there are definitely unhappiness in some way or another for everyone, regardless of which ID engaged. it's a matter of how major the mistake and how long has our patience been tested... :drunk:

mainly, it depends on how both ID & customer compromise to meet each other's standard, whatever aspects it may be...otherwise, very difficult...

i would only comment that...can't compare. different ID earn in some areas, quote cheaper in others. i wouldn't say mine is any cheaper than yours, if you include motar base. take strawberry_pear & gadgetman, their overlay of TILES ONLY is already cheaper than mine.

i did ask him abt this "anti-slip wall tiles" as well, there was an explanation which i can't remember wat was it. but to be fair to eesy, he didn't charge us for some things which we added &/or changed too. at the same time, he did mention prices are quoted on a maximum. when there's excess, it'll be deducted...e.g. our solid surface is quoted up to 30ft..we definitely won't require 30ft of solid surface in such a small kitchen.

as for us, we've committed and to date, things have been quite smooth and we're not in a hurry too. if u're concerned, would suggest you clarify with him. it's not good to have any conflicts later, especially when money matters are concerned.

hi zeester, would u mind to PM me the price too? !!

:P let's not say too early. it's very jinxed! the day anyone of us complain is the day their reputation will sweep the floor due to unforgiveable mistakes. there are definitely unhappiness in some way or another for everyone, regardless of which ID engaged. it's a matter of how major the mistake and how long has our patience been tested... :thumbs up:

mainly, it depends on how both ID & customer compromise to meet each other's standard, whatever aspects it may be...otherwise, very difficult...

true la...which is why must think logically lor....cannot act too rash...cannot see cheap sign...headache la...

hi everyone...im planning my budget for renovation. I have yet to collect the keys and im not sure whats the colour of the kitchen wall tiles..anyone could advise please?