Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi,

I don't think any would be thief would be so stupid to scale the walls above the sky garden. The ceiling height from the sky garden is quite high to start with. Unless he has spider man DNA ....haha :sport-smiley-004:

If you are really worried, can consider installing a Home alarm system... at least gives you and family a peace of mind :)

Hey Pooh_75,

gues u r rite. ;) somemore can b eazily visible frm e existing blks behind.

Las time wen hdb 1st introduce Punggol 21, they oleady cums up with such design. Sky garden above MSCP, flats above sky garden.

Eversince, dey had evaluated & improved in their designs in terms of esthetic & security. Unless dey r not doing their job. :bleah:

Aniway, we stil hav 2 play our part. Such s installing window grilles & alarm system.

So, Pooh_75, u had installed e ADT alarm system rite? :notti:

Can i noe how much izit? e details? PM mi if u wan.

:rolleyes:

Here's my version.

Human legs is (9 people x 2 legs) = 18

Cats legs is (9 people x 9 bags x 1 cat x 4 legs) = 324

Kittens legs is (9 people x 9 bags x 9 kittens x 4 legs) = 2916

= 18 + 324 + 2916

= 3258

:bleah:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey pal,

base on my unit's layout, there's no way e burglar can climb thru e common corridor & nter my unit thru e windows. Somemore my unit is >#30, no diamonds or gold or branded watches... Even 'Spiderman' olso needs 2 reconsider. :sport-smiley-004:

Aniway, Thank U 4 ur info. :rolleyes:

Dun mind i post here (no name quoted) 2 share with others who may b interested in e

Home Security Alarm System. :bleah:

Hi,

Yup. I installed an ADT system cause my friend's house kenna broken into when he was renovating it 2 years back. Had an LCD and plasma stolen.

I'm on the basic package $35 per month X 36 months

-One door contact

-One wireless Motion detector

-One wireless smoke detector

-One remote control key

-One monitoring station

-24 hours monitoring by ADT

I reckon the package is quite reasonable as many companies outside have quoted me an avg of $1600 - $2000 for a standalone alarm system (no monitoring).

With ADT, after contract of 3 years, i can keep the alarm system and choose whether to renew.

My investment has already paid off cause there was an attempted intrusion and the alarm was triggered fews day before i moved in.

Maybe put it this way :

Cats legs is (9 people x 9 cats x 4 legs) = 324

Kittens legs is (9 people x 9 cats x 9 kittens x 4 legs) = 2916

= 18 + 324 + 2916

= 3258

Maybe put it this way :

Cats legs is (9 people x 9 cats x 4 legs) = 324

Kittens legs is (9 people x 9 cats x 9 kittens x 4 legs) = 2916

= 18 + 324 + 2916

= 3258

In e third line,

shb b x 9 bags instead of x 9 cats.

s both is 9 therfore ans wil stil b 2916

Teacher ahh, repeated mistakes leh, i dun wan learn frm u liao. !!

Hey rachel79,

e link is :P:ph34r::rofl:

really brings bak memories 2 many ppl out there. esp mi. :rofl:

1972? like dat huh. mayb u r 1 yr my senior during schoolin time? Which sch were u frm?

i was frm FTPPS, FTPSS, PDSS in Toa Payoh.

'Heng A Kee Bong' now is a Association Clan, for quite some time liao. It was ur pri sch 23yrs ago?

:furious:

I was from Kheng Cheng School, and Heng Ah Kee Bong was just beside my school. When it was vacated in the late 1980s, I remembered going there by going through a hole in the fence just to play soccer. If I remembered correctly, Thomas Ong was from Heng Ah Kee Bong.

The old Blk 79 was also an usual hang out for me during my Primary school days. I would often go there to play block catching (imagine running from 1 end to the other). Then there was this pirated game shop under Blk 79 selling games. :P Remembered that uncle's name was Kenny.

I was from Kheng Cheng School, and Heng Ah Kee Bong was just beside my school. When it was vacated in the late 1980s, I remembered going there by going through a hole in the fence just to play soccer. If I remembered correctly, Thomas Ong was from Heng Ah Kee Bong.

The old Blk 79 was also an usual hang out for me during my Primary school days. I would often go there to play block catching (imagine running from 1 end to the other). Then there was this pirated game shop under Blk 79 selling games. :rofl: Remembered that uncle's name was Kenny.

Wow...this really brings back fond memories... I knew about that shop too. Back at the days when the VCD format was just taking root, I bought a VCD adaptor from that shop that allows my Playstation to play VCD. I remembered that this was my very first VCD player and that must have been at least 11-12 years back!

I have small piece of history from the old Blk79 sitting in my new house now too...it is a wooden TV trolley that was bought from the Blk79 furniture shop about 7 years ago. This item is still in great shape and is used to hold my LCD TV and game consoles in my glass room :furious:

Edited by gadgetman

The old Blk 79 was also an usual hang out for me during my Primary school days. I would often go there to play block catching (imagine running from 1 end to the other). Then there was this pirated game shop under Blk 79 selling games. :P Remembered that uncle's name was Kenny.

dat means las time u olso 'naugthy boy' :ph34r:8|

hope now had changed 4 e better liao. :P

Thomas Ong? Who is he :rofl::P

In fact, Toa Payoh got quite a nos. of actors & actresses, in e past & present.

To name a few ->

Terrence Cao, Zheng Gengpin & Hong Huifang, Chen Tianwen, ...

Some even got shops in TPY Central.

Las time i used 2 lived in e same blk as Ann Kok. :rofl:

Wonder y i din go join Starsearch las time. :P

:furious:

Wow...this really brings back fond memories... I knew about that shop too. Back at the days when the VCD format was just taking root, I bought a VCD adaptor from that shop that allows my Playstation to play VCD. I remembered that this was my very first VCD player and that must have been at least 11-12 years back!

I have small piece of history from the old Blk79 sitting in my new house now too...it is a wooden TV trolley that was bought from the Blk79 furniture shop about 7 years ago. This item is still in great shape and is used to hold my LCD TV and game consoles in my glass room :P

Lol... :P

I also bought the video card for playstation to watch vcds too.

Yah... There were plenty of good shops down at the old 79 ie. the tailor shop, furniture shop, bakery, dentist plus GP clinic and of course the police post. I still remember playing soccer in the basketball court behind blk 79 and was warned by the police officers there to play elsewhere.

dat means las time u olso 'naugthy boy' :P8|

hope now had changed 4 e better liao. :D

Thomas Ong? Who is he 8|:rofl:

To name a few ->

Las time i used 2 lived in e same blk as Ann Kok. :ph34r:

Wonder y i din go join Starsearch las time. :P

:rofl:

Haha... You join Star Search? :P

Thomas Ong is Wang Tian Chai. Yah... I often see TCS artises shopping in NTUC too ie. Edmund Chen, Terence Cao, Chew Chor Meng.

My site updated fyi. :furious:

dat means las time u olso 'naugthy boy' :blink::P

hope now had changed 4 e better liao. 8|

Thomas Ong? Who is he :wacko::(

To name a few ->

Las time i used 2 lived in e same blk as Ann Kok. 8|

Wonder y i din go join Starsearch las time. 8|

8|

Wow...I actually worked in the same office as Ann Kok before she shot to stardom! It was my poly attachment at Tradewinds Travel Agency many years back and she was working there then. She is really a down to earth person. It was around the time she was going for the interviews and auditions and she would have to rush off from work to catch a taxi (to Mediacorp) on certain days. She kept this a secret all this while and it was only when she made it to Starsearch that I knew what was actually happening!

Wow...I actually worked in the same office as Ann Kok before she shot to stardom! It was my poly attachment at Tradewinds Travel Agency many years back and she was working there then. She is really a down to earth person. It was around the time she was going for the interviews and auditions and she would have to rush off from work to catch a taxi (to Mediacorp) on certain days. She kept this a secret all this while and it was only when she made it to Starsearch that I knew what was actually happening!

Fwah... Not bad sia... Colleague with big boobs before. 8|

Lol... 8|

I also bought the video card for playstation to watch vcds too.

Yah... There were plenty of good shops down at the old 79 ie. the tailor shop, furniture shop, bakery, dentist plus GP clinic and of course the police post. I still remember playing soccer in the basketball court behind blk 79 and was warned by the police officers there to play elsewhere.

Haha... You join Star Search? 8|

Thomas Ong is Wang Tian Chai. Yah... I often see TCS artises shopping in NTUC too ie. Edmund Chen, Terence Cao, Chew Chor Meng.

My site updated fyi. 8|

Not forgetting the vegetarian cake shop too...it's the one with the brightly painted walls...Sigh, I still remembered that time I really wanted to take some photos of the old Blk79 before it was torn down. WHY DIDN'T I DO IT THEN 8|:(:blink::wacko:

Lol... :wacko:

Haha... You join Star Search? :(

My site updated fyi. 8|

Hey euph0bear,

dat tailor shop kinda wellknown if i remember correctly. i stil remember my sec sch time, alot ppl wen there tailor-make thier sch pants (A-box, pleats, triangular laced pockets...4goten e exact term, straight cut, baggy pants etc).

Oh, i jus recalled, in fact, all e furnitures in my current flat were bought >10yrs ago frm e furniture shop of former 79.

- simulated leather sofa 5 seater set

- tempered glass-top coffee table

- tv console

- marble-top dining table 6 seats set

- bedframes & mattresses

- wardrodes

Not 4geting e Renovation ID whom had done my current flat, olso frm former 79.

:blink:

Hey gadgetman,

dat means las time u used 2 'beo' her rite? 8|

Fwah... Not bad sia... Colleague with big boobs before. 8|

Hey euph0bear,

seems like u havnt change abit frm ur sec sch days. 8|:P:P

8|

Hey gadgetman,

dat means las time u used 2 'beo' her rite? 8|

No lah...I already knew my girlfriend then (now my wife). Don't really know her that well also...

P.S. This is a public forum lah...what else would you expect me to say :(:blink::wacko:

Edited by gadgetman

jaCKY777

I more decent now wo... :wacko:

gadgetman

lol... later tonight you sleep outside your house ah... :blink:

Hopefully the Sky Garden will be opened....I can sleep under the stars! 8|8|:(