Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi gadgetman,

Thanks for your praise on my kitchen. And you are right in saying that this design is good for a longish kitchen.

If I had bought a 5-room, most probably I would not have gone for this design anyways, reason being the 5-room "dining room + living room" is already much bigger (correct me if I am wrong), so I would have just left the dining table in the "dining room". My wife's sis bought a 5-room at Boon Tiong and her dining room + living room is so big :dribble: as compared to my 4-room lah!

But man will always be man... nothing is ever enough, including space... :bleah:

Can imagine your need for more space.... maybe time to rearrange whatever that is still movable in your kitchen? Probably some better space management and discipline might help alleviate the problem a bit? :P Just a suggestion.... no offence intended. :) Good luck on your ever-going fight for space! :yamseng:

:yamseng:

Ptro

Hi Ptro,

I must say that that's quite a refreshing way to do up the kitchen. Most of us would have gone for a full kitchen layout. Nice job there!

But I guess this solution may not work for my 5-room unit in any case. Our kitchens, for some reasons, are much shorter and would not fit both the dining table and the fridge without crushing up something in the process!

Even with a full kitchen, I am already facing a space crunch now. That's because our already-small kitchen is supposed to double-up as a wash area as well! Put in the washing machine, dryer, laundry basket, pails, rubbish bin etc. etc. and we are already out of space! :dunno::good::bleah:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi gadgetman,

Thanks for your praise on my kitchen. And you are right in saying that this design is good for a longish kitchen.

If I had bought a 5-room, most probably I would not have gone for this design anyways, reason being the 5-room "dining room + living room" is already much bigger (correct me if I am wrong), so I would have just left the dining table in the "dining room". My wife's sis bought a 5-room at Boon Tiong and her dining room + living room is so big :lol: as compared to my 4-room lah!

But man will always be man... nothing is ever enough, including space... :bleah:

Can imagine your need for more space.... maybe time to rearrange whatever that is still movable in your kitchen? Probably some better space management and discipline might help alleviate the problem a bit? :P Just a suggestion.... no offence intended. :) Good luck on your ever-going fight for space! :dunno:

:lol:

Ptro

Ha! You've probably hit the spot when you mention "space management and discipline!" Think that is the real issue! :notti::notti::notti::notti:

Hi Redcrystal / aural / tension,

Thanks for all your accolades for my kitchen! :dunno::lol:

This space planning is done by our ID, we just told him we die die want the dining table in the kitchen. As this was NOT a normal thing to do, lcy and I were cracking our heads and were using Google Sketch-Up to see how we could do it... :bleah: Like I said in my earlier post, we chose this ID because he is the only one out of the 3 IDs we went to who is willing and able to design such a requirement into our kitchen nicely. :P:good:

Redcrystal:

Judging by how you describe your kitchen is.... you should get quite a roomy kitchen even with the dining table in, but very little kitchen cabinet and top. :notti: Even sink and hob would be very tight.... BTW, where is your washing machine then?

Anyway, aren't you affected by the column facing the kitchen entrance? Either your dining table would be small to match the column or there would be dead space with the dining table jutting out a bit....

Also, did you make a door for your kitchen? I didn't because I still want to move my dining table out easily when I have guests...

Sorry so kpo ask so many questions... :P

Tension:

1) Length of my kitchen cabinet? Haiz, Redcrystal also asked me the same question, just that I too lazy to check.... okok... will go and dig up my files :deal: within the next few nights....

2) Yup I removed the HDB clothes rack... now want to sell it... any lobangs? :deal:

:notti:

Ptro

Hi Ptro,

washing machine will be at the window.

mine no column at the kitchen entrance, yes saw yrs hv.

my column is at the stove area, above.

dining table is round and ard 3ft.

no kitchen door as living room is not air-con, so no need.

as for moving the table when hving guests, yes tat's my idea 2 :notti::)

ah yah, don't say u kpo, me too.

thought tis forum is to know neighbours and kpo hahaha. :lol:

saw yr comment at Mrs Png t-blog about using bold colors.

if u c my master toilet, i tink u faint.

:notti:

Edited by REDCRYSTAL

Dear 79-ers,

Hope to seek some advice here.

I saw that I am due to collect my keys on 31st Mar.

But saw on this forum earlier that HDB start charging conservancy in the month you collect keys.

Does this mean I have to pay for Mar?! :notti:

Pro-rate?

Anybody tried to postpone their appointment dates?

When I try, I only get a drop-down list of earlier dates. Wonder why? :P

Thanks in advance!

Dear 79-ers,

Hope to seek some advice here.

I saw that I am due to collect my keys on 31st Mar.

But saw on this forum earlier that HDB start charging conservancy in the month you collect keys.

Does this mean I have to pay for Mar?! :notti:

Pro-rate?

Anybody tried to postpone their appointment dates?

When I try, I only get a drop-down list of earlier dates. Wonder why? :P

Thanks in advance!

I don't think HDB will charge you for the March fees. You only need to pay in advance the next 3 months' conservancy fees.

Hi all,

Just want check is there any experts here know something about DVD players that provide 1080 upscale..

Would like to know if I play a normal DVD on the 1080 upscale player to a HD ready or Full HD LCD TV, does it show HD quality or just normal DVD quality?

Thank you in advance

Edited by Redwyrm

I don't think HDB will charge you for the March fees. You only need to pay in advance the next 3 months' conservancy fees.

Thanks, euph0bear! :bleah:

Thanks, euph0bear! :bleah:

If I didn't hear the hdb officer wrongly, if you are collecting key before 15th of the month, you need to pay for that month.

Hi all,

Just want check is there any experts here know something about DVD players that provide 1080 upscale..

Would like to know if I play a normal DVD on the 1080 upscale player to a HD ready or Full HD LCD TV, does it show HD quality or just normal DVD quality?

Thank you in advance

In this case, the resolution of the picture would be 1080p (only on a True HD TV) but the quality would be of a normal DVD quality. The Upscaling DVD player just increase the sampling point of the signal which would result in a 1080p HD output but normal DVD picture quality (720p).

To fully enjoy Full/True HD quality picture you would need a Full HD TV + HD DVD or blu-ray player.

Refer to this link for detail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_scaler

Edited by alexneock

In this case, the resolution of the picture would be 1080p (only on a True HD TV) but the quality would be of a normal DVD quality. The Upscaling DVD player just increase the sampling point of the signal which would result in a 1080p HD output but normal DVD picture quality (720p).

To fully enjoy Full/True HD quality picture you would need a Full HD TV + HD DVD or blu-ray player.

Hi Alex

Winston would like to ask you to join us for the gathering this Sunday. Are you able to make it? (^_^)

Hi Alex

Winston would like to ask you to join us for the gathering this Sunday. Are you able to make it? (^_^)

Thanks for the invitation. Will definitely go if i have nothing on.

Juz to share the experience of staying at top floor.

We have our share of opening our hse to great neighbours from renotalk and not so great neighbours as well.

The not so great neighbours are actually the insects. Since staying in, I have few tens of fruit flies & beetles, a hornet and even a dragonfly visited us.

Have not seen any lizards or cockroaches. Touchwood.

A tip (from contractor) : use white rice vinegar with sponge to wipe ur wall tiles. Leave it to dry for 5 mins. Wipe surface with dry cloth.

This will make ur tiles shine and also prevent lizards.

Not sure if true but as least no lizards seen yet.

We have our share of opening our hse to great neighbours from renotalk and not so great neighbours as well.

The not so great neighbours are actually the insects. Since staying in, I have few tens of fruit flies & beetles, a hornet and even a dragonfly visited us.

A tip (from contractor) : use white rice vinegar with sponge to wipe ur wall tiles. Leave it to dry for 5 mins. Wipe surface with dry cloth.

alister, life's like that...there's no perfect house lah...all our units got pros and cons lah...

for my unit, the kitchen quite dark...and i dunno how my clothes can dry...haiz~~~ :yamseng:

I have a lizard in my house! In my son's room... Wonder how it got there in the 1st place.... :yamseng:

Hi Alexneock,

Thanks for the info.

regards