Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adah

My 5i Hut In Yishun

Hi adah...

Nice house! Love the design of your living room...

You mind sharing with me your quotation and ID contact??

hi thanks! i will share with u...no worries!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wow, that is some gorgeous work! :)

Mind sharing your ID contacts? Also, if it's okay to ask, what was your budget for the house?

thanks der...no time to update...lol..

will pm u...

Edited by adah

no no...my sista is the 3rd one. just sign with him... :D

i oso signed with Kevin. Reno done few mths ago. good job, no complain.

Hi everyone.. adah's hubby here...

some updates: we have so-called "moved in" to our new place (alternate between new hse and old place). the place is still lacking some items (sofa / main living room light / dryer / dining table).. will slowly buy one by one... sofa just arrived today and looking forward to see how it fit in with our theme / concept...

will post pictures soon.. stay tuned =)

Review of the whole Renovation Process

=========================

- Relatively smooth-ride with no major hiccups..

- Although ID is young and inexperience, he made up for it by being responsive, accommodating and attending to all our request..

- Workmanship-wise:

> Tiling (Ideal Hse) - Very good.. meticulous and fast...

> Electrical (Our own contractor - Contractor friend of wifey) - Slow and blur at times... Need to repeat instructions to them several times (tried talking slowly, talking nicely, hand-gestures, draw pictures, lastly scolding them) but still can cock-up.. basically, everything was done and re-done.. maybe they want to collect OT.. during the day, do wrongly.. work OT & fix during the night... get quite tiring but at least, it got done as what we wanted... Niway, considering this work is "sponsored" for us, cannot say much cos we din fork up any cash

> Ceiling Work / Plastering (Ideal Hse) - Good work.. Even help to redo the false ceiling "destroyed" by the electrician.. But they go and plaster the aircon access panel. ID getting them to fix this (lucky raining days for these past few days so we made do without aircon)

> Plumping (Our own contractor) - Another "sponsored" item.. Made 1-2 mistakes but rectified accordingly...

> Painting (Ideal Hse) - Complained to us about the poor skills and workmanship of the electrician. Keep telling us if we engaged their electrician, won't be this slow and have this & that problems. Of course it would be better if we engaged their electrician... But it won't be free... Idiots...

Every time I went down to see the progress and the painters are there, I see them wiping the walls with cloth before they paint.. Dunno whether they "wayang" cos I was there or really that dedicated & passionate about their work... Regardless, looking at the paint job, quite good though

> Carpentry (Ideal Hse) - Overall, quite good.. See the pictures we post later... close to 3D and we are happy cos what we see is what we get.. Reading through this site, you may discover varying opinions from other forumers on the workmanship of the carpenters of this ID company.. After reading some negative comments, we double-checked the workmanship again... wifey discover some faults but actually, it is up to individual interpretation.. For example, wifey says: "This left mirror on the feature wall is not straight"... Me: "Ya, we get them to touch up.. I'll bring a protactor to measure that the angle is EXACTLY 90degree perpendicular to the floor after they touch up.. At the moment, looks like 90.5 or 91 degree..." wifey: "...."

OK lah, this is one of the last few posts here as our reno work is done.. Thanks everyone for sharing your experience & opinions..

Wait for the pixs aite.. Ciao for now

haha... good review there mhurizan. So do u recommend me to pay a visit to IDeal House for my reno? Lol

Hello mafia... Based on our experience, we would recommend... As mentioned, no major hiccups & the final results are as close to the design we selected... All the best with your reno dude... Love your HUGE balcony... Looking forward to your reno's completion & your final outdoor garden concept at the balcony... =)

OMG.. Love your house! Was advised to visit this forum before deciding on an ID and Im glad I did. KIndly PM me your ID's ctc. My house's layout is almost the same as yours. Im gg to have 2 main doors as well.. one at the balcony! :)

OMG.. Love your house! Was advised to visit this forum before deciding on an ID and Im glad I did. KIndly PM me your ID's ctc. My house's layout is almost the same as yours. Im gg to have 2 main doors as well.. one at the balcony! :)

u staying in yishun too?

u staying in yishun too?

Im staying in Chai Chee. I think my house layout and size is exactly the same. New door at the balcony will be completed somewhere early next yr. Gotten my final quote from Lynn from Ideal House today. Do you mind if you email me your quote at joeyong7@singnet.com.sg? Im not re-tiling the living/dining floor and am not touching both bathrooms but my final quote is at $34000. I want to see if I have more carpentry works hence the quote. Will really appreciate if you can share! :D

Hi adah just wanna check what aircon did you buy? I just got my keys and I have the exact same layout as you. Want to aircon the whole house and thinking of getting a Inverter system 4. Any recommendations?

Im staying in Chai Chee. I think my house layout and size is exactly the same. New door at the balcony will be completed somewhere early next yr. Gotten my final quote from Lynn from Ideal House today. Do you mind if you email me your quote at joeyong7@singnet.com.sg? Im not re-tiling the living/dining floor and am not touching both bathrooms but my final quote is at $34000. I want to see if I have more carpentry works hence the quote. Will really appreciate if you can share! :D

hmmm....carpentry can b a great deal.

How is ur design? Did you cater a lot of feature walls and wardrobes?

Hi adah just wanna check what aircon did you buy? I just got my keys and I have the exact same layout as you. Want to aircon the whole house and thinking of getting a Inverter system 4. Any recommendations?

Hi there, I bought toshiba inverter system 3. If you want to use system 4, it is actually up to your preferences.

After so so so long busy with moving in, buying staff, Fasting month...upcoming hari raya...

Finally, I managed to squeeze some time to take photos of my new home with some furnishes... :bath:

Let's start with the living room -

CIMG7493.jpg

Look at my new sofa...We bought Mocha colour with matches the whole colour concept. PERFECT! :sport-smiley-004:

Mind the lightings are ENERGY SAVINGS..Used 3W LED light...with same 50W halogen effect...

CIMG7492.jpg

CIMG7490.jpg

Ignore the horse at the centre..It is my boy's 1year birthday gift.

Edited by adah

CIMG7498.jpg

CIMG7487.jpg

the tv console...see the similarity with our 3D concept..Nice!

CIMG7497.jpg

Mirror Al-Quran - bought from JB @ Great $$

CIMG7486.jpg