Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
patsy_sg

My Fresh Start

Getting my keys on Monday! Reno hope to start a few days after!!

Any suggestions on where to buy a wood dining table with glass top? Loved on at John Erdos but it's $2800!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Getting my keys on Monday! Reno hope to start a few days after!!

Any suggestions on where to buy a wood dining table with glass top? Loved on at John Erdos but it's $2800!!

We are getting that one too. I think we will go buy from neighbourhood shop, 1 set with chairs ard $800 then buy glass top separately.

We are getting that one too. I think we will go buy from neighbourhood shop, 1 set with chairs ard $800 then buy glass top separately.

is it solid wood?

No idea, only see pictures. Definitely, not plywood type.

Once, we're going to get, definitely will ask more question.

otherwise, how to verify ?

No idea, only see pictures. Definitely, not plywood type.

Once, we're going to get, definitely will ask more question.

otherwise, how to verify ?

oh ok... may take a look also! think will get a single bed for my helper there also.

haven't updated here for a while.... have changed ID's, yeah, last minute. Was so pissed with my friend, he promised to come with me to inspect the apt, made me wait for 1 hr, no call, no sms, just didn't show up. Didn't even apologize for not showing up. Told me no need to see any drawings, just trust him, when I pushed him for it. he sent me something that was totally off what I want!

Good thing a good friend was doing reno too and intro me to her ID, who i liked from the off. So going with him instead. Have seen the detailed drawings (no 3D), chosen colours and laminates, lights etc.

Am looking for people who can do plantation style wooden blinds for the balcony door, for a more old colonial feel, does anyone know who makes them?

just realized i've not taken any pictures of the house at all!! weird isn't it?

Think I need to follow Umaisarah and do a to do list:

1. Blinds for whole house - got a few quotes, waiting for the one my ID recommended. Is $8 psf expensive?

2. confirm decking - want to box up the planter, make more room in the balcony. need to find someone who can make it easy to clean the floor under the decking

3. glass top for my dining table

4. buy ceiling fan

5. learn to tile the backyard wall :) :)

6. buy stainless steel trolley from ikea for backyard wet kitchen

7. buy 2 single induction cookers for wet kitchen

8. find steel shelving for my walk in pantry

Edited by patsy_sg

So can start to cancel items off your to-do list alr or not? :)

where's the pics to your hse?

hv u started yr reno yet?

OMG! got a quote from a door supplier that the plantation style louvred sliding doors will cost $6-7k!

Yah, I did ask for this type of doors many years back from a curtain shop and they said it will be ex.

Why a curtain shop> because I saw something like it in their display. I think its from Hunter Douglas.

Having to travel for work in the midst of reno means I haven't had time to update this!! Can't find the cables to the camera so will take pics using my iphone one of these days....

Reno has started and they're almost finished with the electrical, think carpentry is coming in soon!! My ID is tearing his hair out coz I keep adding stuff day by day...

Updating my to-do list:

1. Blinds for whole house - got a few quotes, waiting for the one my ID recommended. Is $8 psf expensive? --- done, got them from Class curtains in Siglap on the recommendation of my ID

2. confirm decking - want to box up the planter, make more room in the balcony. need to find someone who can make it easy to clean the floor under the decking --- confirmed with Styline on the recommendation of Umaisarah!

3. glass top for my dining table

4. buy ceiling fan - ID handling

5. learn to tile the backyard wall - got my ID to do it, at the price I was happy with!

6. buy stainless steel trolley from ikea for backyard wet kitchen

7. buy 2 single induction cookers for wet kitchen

8. find steel shelving for my walk in pantry - builit in shelves in white laminate

so far so good, hope I can move in the weekend of 1st May to take advantage of the long weekend!!

Will post pics soon!!

Took some pictures, but can only upload them tonight! can't access web photo sites in the office!!

Good thing I went to the site earlier, the goondu painter was going to use matex paint instead of nippon as we had agreed on...I'm already savinig them money by painting the whole place white!!

The tiler was there to tile up the backyard washing/cooking area... ID chose the tiles but they were very nice!

BTW, am changing all my swithces to Legrand, but the original ones used by the develope was MK, does anyone want them -- FREE!

Small cove lights where the ceiling fan will be in the living room

26096_384531855661_730630661_4083103_114

The tiny dining room!!! Can't even put a table for 8!!!

26096_384532010661_730630661_4083104_297

All the lights/fans stored in the guest bathroom

26096_384532100661_730630661_4083105_188

Finally found the camera cable, so some pre-reno pics!

Guest bathroom showerhead.... the water pressure not very impressive!

26096_384766525661_730630661_4087738_343

view from master bedroom

26096_384766535661_730630661_4087740_574

Master bedroom feature going up with dressing table beside it

26096_384767125661_730630661_4087758_261