Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

ya cement screeded floors can be quite a sensitive topic for certain people.. we had to fight off alot of resistance from family as well..but since it's our house *evil laugh* its our choice.

er, i don't think it will be monochromatic. cos i really like colours... and natural raw wood! :P of course, its easier to just go for a standard palette of grey black white silver..but boring la... :P

I rem One ID - from I-bridge (if I rem correctly) once told me b4

“For cement screened wall/floor U need to accept the crack line . Cos crack line is the beauty of cement screened ….” So U need to be prepare k.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I rem One ID - from I-bridge (if I rem correctly) once told me b4

"For cement screened wall/floor U need to accept the crack line . Cos crack line is the beauty of cement screened …." So U need to be prepare k.

simon...... you sound so ominous leh! lol..... somemore with thunder in the background here... :P

cracks in the flooring is something we've known about from the start, it cannot be avoided we know..like we've told our renovator: hairline cracks we can accept. just don't give us lightning bolt kind of cracks. some contractors we met were so afraid to do the cement flooring that they refuse to quote us for it. anyway, to help minimize the cracks, we're getting our renovator to put in stainless steel strips to break up the floor so cracks don't go all the way from one end to the other..

but thanks for the heads up anyway..! :D

simon...... you sound so ominous leh! lol..... somemore with thunder in the background here... :P

cracks in the flooring is something we've known about from the start, it cannot be avoided we know..like we've told our renovator: hairline cracks we can accept. just don't give us lightning bolt kind of cracks. some contractors we met were so afraid to do the cement flooring that they refuse to quote us for it. anyway, to help minimize the cracks, we're getting our renovator to put in stainless steel strips to break up the floor so cracks don't go all the way from one end to the other..

i rem i have read one blog (forgotten which blog liao) abt cement flooring, ended up they replaced with tiles cos they cant accept the cracks.

No lah ... jus sharing what I know of . ha .

Cos that time I also thinking of doing cement wall . But rachel dun like . Say like her old kampong house i .... -_-"

No lah ... jus sharing what I know of . ha .

Cos that time I also thinking of doing cement wall . But rachel dun like . Say like her old kampong house i .... -_-"

cement walls very nice...however i think even more prone to cracks than floor..

here's a picture from my inspirations folder.. :D

Copperpipesbookshelf.jpg

LOVE!

Edited by lilithfiend

Copperpipesbookshelf.jpg

LOVE!

can't view [x] .... sob sob .... flickr pls

let me help u

Nice ... that's what i'm looking for . But rachel dun like leh

aiya, your house already so nice...no need cement walls la. :P anyway cement walls/floors not everybody can take it..one party has to give way lor..luckily for me, my hb don't mind cement floors... :D

hahaha you also stash photos of cement walls ah? :P

Yup yup... :sport-smiley-004:

was thinking of doing cement walls at my tub feature wall as a substitue to rockstone walls...but then i found similar-looking tiles to rockstone and cheaper at Hafary, hence decided to go for those lor.. ;)

not yet la. they are soooooooo slowwwwwwwww.. i check the status on their website every day. i also told my PM last night to sms me immediately once they receive the approval. i'm very kan chiong know! once its been approved, i can order all my bathroom stuff and tiles liao... :sport-smiley-004:

we don't have enough space for a separate shower (the 3ds are deceptive), though i'd have preferred it. like u said, maintaining the tub is no joke. but due to space constraints, bo pian have to combine bath & shower into one. luckily its just the two of us in the house, imagine if we have old folks or kids having to climb in and out of the tub to shower... :huh:

Transformation in your toilet is something I look forward to in this blog.

Cheers.

Copperpipesbookshelf.jpg

LOVE!

oh i love that look!!! good luck with the reno!

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." - Seneca

1.jpg
What greeted us from the front door

2.jpg
All the terazzo gone! Height of ceiling feels a tad increased.

3.jpg
Door frame of Bedroom 2 removed

4.jpg
Massive load of sand in Bedroom 2

5.jpg
Massive load of sand in Bedroom 1