Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ya i'm pretty sure they upgraded the toilet but maybe the previous owner chose to not change the squatting WC. some people prefer to squat? :dunno:

It's more hygienic since your butt is not touching anything. The squatting movement is good for the pelvic muscles too. Squatting position is easier for bowel movement. Maybe they thought of it that way?

Woah, your hb has got good taste. Nothing like a Viking! If I had the dough, I would definitely shell out for one too. :D

actually, the taste is all mine. lol...hb don't mind standard hob..which we'll most likely be going for unless an affordable Viking lookalike pops up. far too pricey for the real one..

yeah i was...she was a newbie...my flat purchased was her 1st...had to guide her along sometimes..

thinking back, its quite easy...i could've done the purchase myself...oh well... ;)

were u one too?

yah...pray for u too that hdb approves the hacking. :)

u seemed very adamant to get a tub like me as well! Haha... that area u putting the tub is abt 2m...seems long enuff to do some laps in the tub...haha... ;)

Qn...pure tub or with jacuzzi jets? :P

yep, our agents are from propnex..you guided your own agent?! :o easy job for her then..

and yes, we're quite determined to get the tub..haha..yea the length of the wall is 2m but 1.5m is sufficient la..we're not very tall people! :D and we'll just get a basic one, no budget for those jets..i'm happy with a normal tub..ah the days of reading while soaking in the tub are close! :P

hihi, looks like a major overhaul since u are doing cement screed, i would presume you are going for the raw look?

Y not show your water and gas pipes instead? :)

hey gimz, yep ours is an overhaul, we don't really have much choice. we actually plan to tile the floor in the future, screeding is what's affordable for us right now. have considered leaving the pipes exposed but i think we'll have enough wall "decorations" from all the electrical trunking running around..haha..

It's more hygienic since your butt is not touching anything. The squatting movement is good for the pelvic muscles too. Squatting position is easier for bowel movement. Maybe they thought of it that way?

wow summerflowers, that sounded real "scientific".. :D

hey btw, i replied to another thread on eclipse mattress where you posted the price of yours. may i know where you bought yours from? thanks..!

england: squatting toilet that funny?! pls tell me mine's not the first you've seen!

we won't have 3D pictures for the rest of the house since we don't have alot of carpentry...our renovator only gave us this set cos we requested for it. think they will give us one more set of kitchen cabinet 3Ds, thats all..

It's the sight of the whole picture. The colour, the broom and all other 'accessories' in the picture, not so much of the squat pit-hole (not that I havent seen one before, gawd)

Shall laugh no more.

Yes, show us all your 3D kitchen picture. By the way, I like the colour used in the 3D pictures. The colour of the flooring looks good too but I am not sure will the colour be the same on the actual concrete screed floor. Can it be done?

It's the sight of the whole picture. The colour, the broom and all other 'accessories' in the picture, not so much of the squat pit-hole (not that I havent seen one before, gawd)

Shall laugh no more.

Yes, show us all your 3D kitchen picture. By the way, I like the colour used in the 3D pictures. The colour of the flooring looks good too but I am not sure will the colour be the same on the actual concrete screed floor. Can it be done?

Yep will definitely put up whatever 3D drawings are given to me. Right now, those are what I've got..The colours used in the drawings are all chosen by the draftsman..we didn't specify our preference. And the flooring for the bath will be tiled, won't be leaving as screed..

General Reno Permit Granted

Our PM dropped by our place last night so I could pass her the keys. She told me the general permit to hack the floor and wall tiles has been granted and gave me a copy to keep. She printed out like a dozen to paste around our block. My hb specified to her previously that he wanted our neighbours to be given ample notice of our renovation cos he knows first hand how irritating the noise can get.

Ok starting to babble here. Anyway, hacking of the "normal" stuff will start on Monday! I was surprised cos I thought they wouldn't have submitted the application so soon. The approval for the other "abnormal" stuff will take about 7 working days, so please Mr. HDB!! *prays hacking/expansion of bath is approved*

Shall be meeting her tmr at the flat to work out some more details and pass her the 40% to get started. Will also be meeting our electrician and plasterer. I can't believe it's all gonna start.... :dancingqueen:

Edited by lilithfiend

Can somebody advise on this please?

kitchensmallpipe.jpg

See the small piping protruding out (circled pink)? Is it possible to remove this part of the pipe? We have very little storage space in our kitchen as it is and if we have to reduce the space to accomodate this piping, we'd have even less space! :~ Our plan is to put our fridge in that spot like this:

kitchen-cabinet.gif

Can somebody advise on this please?

kitchensmallpipe.jpg

See the small piping protruding out (circled pink)? Is it possible to remove this part of the pipe? We have very little storage space in our kitchen as it is and if we have to reduce the space to accomodate this piping, we'd have even less space! :~ Our plan is to put our fridge in that spot like this:

i have this as well...nope i dun think can remove. thats the design of pipes for old houses. Think its becos of small drainage pipes.. :)

maybe u confirm with HDB? The next best thing is to convert that area to a storage area.

Hi lilithfiend,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Now then I realized your ID is the same as mine, B&E.

May I knw who is your ID? Is it Sxxxxn

i have this as well...nope i dun think can remove. thats the design of pipes for old houses. Think its becos of small drainage pipes.. :)

maybe u confirm with HDB? The next best thing is to convert that area to a storage area.

hey gimz, that's bad news..shall have to find a way around it then..think hdb built these old 3-rm flats with their eyes closed. did you see the big piping that's right in front of my kitchen windows (i.e. blocking the windows)? :bangwall:

Hi lilithfiend,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Now then I realized your ID is the same as mine, B&E.

May I knw who is your ID? Is it Sxxxxn

hey infinitie, replied u via PM..

looks like ur fridge has to migrate to the other side of the wall.

will there be space to accomodate opening of the fridge doors? :unsure:

yep there is space to open the doors, planning to get the side-by-side fridge..and we cannot move the fridge to the other side cos thats where we're gonna have our dining table! the woes of a small kitchen..

Hound your ID for a solution... :P

it could still be possible to put your fridge there, but leave a lobang at the back of the fridge for the pipes?

if you make do with a smaller fridge, should be able to open ba?

i didnt notice the pipes till u mention it, yeah its quite weird to have pipes right beside the windows. Possible to remove? My house dun have so many pipes leh...

hacking started? :) i always loved the place after it is hacked. So open and big. :P