Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
surecords

Wardrobe: Allumix Vs Closetdesign Vs Lumiera Wardrobe

Hi all, I am doing reno and I researched Wardrobe Professionals.

Based on info from this forum, I narrowed down to the below three.

I went down to their showroom to get quotes and check their reliability.

Below are quotes and my personal opinions;

1. Allumix (Pole System)

Quoted Price: $262/ft

Customer Service: 3/5

Carpentary Skills for Display: 3/5

Leadtime: 4 weeks

2. Closetdesign (Pole System or Fixed System)

Quoted Price: $300/ft

Customer Service: 4.5/5

Carpentary Skills for Display: 5/5

Leadtime: 4 weeks

3. Lumiera Wardrobe

Quoted Price: $300/ft

Customer Service: 2/5

Carpentary Skills for Display: 1/5

Leadtime: 2 weeks

Lumiera Wardrobe is definitely out, and after carefull consideration, I have doubt about usability for pole system.

I decided to go with Closetdesign even thier price is high.

Is there anyone on this forum using Closetdesign wardorbes?

Please share your feedback for their custom made wardrobes and usability after while.

Thanks!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I am using Alumix for my current house, i would say it is durable..

i would strongly recommend cos they are the market leader with yrs of experience.

Just bought an apartment and my renovation start next week.. am using them for my wardrobe too! :)

:yamseng:

Hi,

I am using Alumix for my current house, i would say it is durable..

i would strongly recommend cos they are the market leader with yrs of experience.

Just bought an apartment and my renovation start next week.. am using them for my wardrobe too! :)

:yamseng:

Hi ywtlhc. Thanks for your comment.

If you dont mind, can you explore little bit more details about your allumix usage feedback.

My concern about pole system are:

1. If I want to store wide things, such as Ikea platic case on the bottom of wardrobe, poles may destruct and cannot store any wide box or case in the bottom of wardrobe.

2. I think great benefit of pole system is add-on feature which we could add some feature later on. This will help alot since

usability of wardrobe won't be fixed until we actually use the wardrobe daily.

However, add-on parts and furniture is quite costy. (I asked whether I can buy just a metal parts and I ask cheap carpenter to build shelf and drawer,

but they don't sell that metal parts. Which mean every time I want do add-on, I have to pay premium for the metal parts and carpentary job.

3. Carpentary Job Quality.

I did not get quite confidence of thier carpentary job by viewing their demo set at allumix store.

Thanks for your help.

Hi ywtlhc. Thanks for your comment.

If you dont mind, can you explore little bit more details about your allumix usage feedback.

My concern about pole system are:

1. If I want to store wide things, such as Ikea platic case on the bottom of wardrobe, poles may destruct and cannot store any wide box or case in the bottom of wardrobe.

2. I think great benefit of pole system is add-on feature which we could add some feature later on. This will help alot since

usability of wardrobe won't be fixed until we actually use the wardrobe daily.

However, add-on parts and furniture is quite costy. (I asked whether I can buy just a metal parts and I ask cheap carpenter to build shelf and drawer,

but they don't sell that metal parts. Which mean every time I want do add-on, I have to pay premium for the metal parts and carpentary job.

3. Carpentary Job Quality.

I did not get quite confidence of thier carpentary job by viewing their demo set at allumix store.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I wasn't quote by per ft run previously. I choose Alumix cos they are very flexible, I can mix & match according to what I want so I find the pricing quite reasonable. My whole wardrobe together with the sliding door cost less than $1300 - total ard 4 poles, 1 drawer, 8 shelvings and 4 hanger bars. Think you can do that if you decide to go for Alumix.

Actually, I heard from my current contractor that I can choose to buy their poles + hanger bars and get the carpenter to do the shelvings etc. If I intend to add more items in future, I can order from their factory and DIY.

I intend to do this for my new wardrobe cos Alumix got quite limited colours. Still haven't make up my mind yet cos my reno just started today.

Hi,

I wasn't quote by per ft run previously. I choose Alumix cos they are very flexible, I can mix & match according to what I want so I find the pricing quite reasonable. My whole wardrobe together with the sliding door cost less than $1300 - total ard 4 poles, 1 drawer, 8 shelvings and 4 hanger bars. Think you can do that if you decide to go for Alumix.

Actually, I heard from my current contractor that I can choose to buy their poles + hanger bars and get the carpenter to do the shelvings etc. If I intend to add more items in future, I can order from their factory and DIY.

I intend to do this for my new wardrobe cos Alumix got quite limited colours. Still haven't make up my mind yet cos my reno just started today.

Hi, Thanks for your input. $1300 is quite good price. also good to know about we can buy poles + hangers from thier factory.

I am also ready to start my reno soonn, I need to finalize contractor to do mine.

Still anyone outhere has used closetdesign? I want to know their job quality.

Thanks

$1300?

honest that is cheap! closet design quoted me $1700 for 6 feet of wardrobe...mine is with sliding doors. =X

@#$#$#@%#%^$%Feet

Edited by seesee

$1300?

honest that is cheap! closet design quoted me $1700 for 6 feet of wardrobe...

@#$#$#@%#%^$%Feet

i paid 1700 for 11 ft without doors.

excel

i am using closet design, mine was $2.5k for 16ft w/o doors, US concept. my personal opinion, i would say the workmanship is good but materials not that fantastic.

Edited by alamak

Hi Alamak

Glad to know another closet design user.

I am planning to sign with them since their carpentary job seems to be better quality than others.

If you dont mind, which color you chose for your door and inside wood?

I think they have 7 colors for inside.

Thanks

i am using closet design, mine was $2.5k for 16ft w/o doors, US concept. my personal opinion, i would say the workmanship is good but materials not that fantastic.