Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
window8

Renovation Budget For Premium Flat

Ok, I see. Intend to buy bit-by-bit. So son't need to outlay so much cash when the time comes.. . .

Thanks anyway for yr suggestions.

By the way, anyone had any idea what other item does BTO flats comes with apart from the doors which I bought and the done-up flooring. . .

I was wondering does it comes with sink, taps and etc.

How about toilets, we install our own sink too?

toilets it depends.

As if it is a premium estates which already comes with WC / sink and others then the owner can choose not to buy it. But if the owner want to change then of course need to fork out cash to get it.

Likewise if it does not comes with it then owner have to get it themselves.

Would be good to call up the HDB and check with them. Or can go down to HDB hub and ask them directly.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ok, I see. Intend to buy bit-by-bit. So son't need to outlay so much cash when the time comes.. . .

Thanks anyway for yr suggestions.

By the way, anyone had any idea what other item does BTO flats comes with apart from the doors which I bought and the done-up flooring. . .

I was wondering does it comes with sink, taps and etc.

How about toilets, we install our own sink too?

WC and basin already come with it in all HDB flats regardless BTO, DBSS, Premium, etc...as for kitchen sink, u need to buy it yourself and ask a plumber to install it for u.

And one last thing, electrical, some package comes with it with like 20 nos. of lighting pt. some only 8.

The one I got I ask for a lump sum of 1.1k for whole house electrical works. So anything I suddenly think of adding in I ask them to add in. I counted I got abt 30 pt which include shifting of some pts.

Fantastic. Going around in search for a contractor, doing my own design. Hope it can save some desing fees.

Anyone got lobang for a decent contractor???

By the way, does contractor give away freebies too ??? Like aircon, water heater and etc.

Hahhahaa!!!

Freebies are a form of sales/marketing tactic. It is already worked into the marked-up pricing when they quote you ;)

Fantastic. Going around in search for a contractor, doing my own design. Hope it can save some desing fees.

By the way, does contractor give away freebies too ??? Like aircon, water heater and etc.

Hahhahaa!!!

Hahhahaa!!!

want to save design fees....easy, just go thru the tblogs. Many renotalk people did their house very nicely...can use their ideas.

many design firms giving away toilet accessories, aircon, etc...check out the classifieds. Some got lucky draw as well. :)

the only question should be whether after adding in freebies, would the package be worth it?

Want to save money, have to spend time looking and researching. :)

Hi window,

have u source for quotations?

so far for mine is roughly around 18k for most of the firms I asked around for works like

false ceiling and L box

living rm partition and full height shoe cabinet

kitchen (the usualy stuff) (it normally measure up to 24 ft with solid top at abt 3 - 4k)

mbr wr + bedframe with storage + low cabinets at window side + 2 side table

2 toilet glass shower screen

window grill whole house + SY window

tv cosole + feature wall

painting

plumbing + misc

The material they provided are quite ok, unless u want top graded material.

Hi 'jtjw' , 18K is reasonable can you pm me the contact .. :)

want to save design fees....easy, just go thru the tblogs. Many renotalk people did their house very nicely...can use their ideas.

many design firms giving away toilet accessories, aircon, etc...check out the classifieds. Some got lucky draw as well. :)

the only question should be whether after adding in freebies, would the package be worth it?

Want to save money, have to spend time looking and researching. :)

Hahaha, design wise, we have no problem at all. Because Me and my Wife are in the building sector. my 3D views of my future interiors are almost up, except for colour scheme. Maybe I could try to bring my drawings and show it to some contractors during Reno Shows and start to ask for quotes.

maybe u can buy home design magazine then cut out the design you like

get contractor to do it for u, it will be cheaper then gettin a ID...

Hi window,

have u source for quotations?

so far for mine is roughly around 18k for most of the firms I asked around for works like

false ceiling and L box

living rm partition and full height shoe cabinet

kitchen (the usualy stuff) (it normally measure up to 24 ft with solid top at abt 3 - 4k)

mbr wr + bedframe with storage + low cabinets at window side + 2 side table

2 toilet glass shower screen

window grill whole house + SY window

tv cosole + feature wall

painting

plumbing + misc

The material they provided are quite ok, unless u want top graded material.

Hi, can i get the ID contacts from you? thanks

Hi,

for those interested in my contacts its K.Inspirzal, name is Ricky.

There are of course frustruction and not too please with some of the works, I guess every company is like that, for 10 people who I talked to abt their contractor they all said got some problem. but most important is immediate rectification, which so far my contact is very fast in rectifying when we complained abt our unsatisfactory.

now my cost went up to 20k, for some works added in and minus out along the way (these are not hidden costs)

the only thing is their 3D drawing, which I dont like and takes too long to produce, anyway it dont make much difference as I have my own ideas.

Hi,

for those interested in my contacts its K.Inspirzal, name is Ricky.

There are of course frustruction and not too please with some of the works, I guess every company is like that, for 10 people who I talked to abt their contractor they all said got some problem. but most important is immediate rectification, which so far my contact is very fast in rectifying when we complained abt our unsatisfactory.

now my cost went up to 20k, for some works added in and minus out along the way (these are not hidden costs)

the only thing is their 3D drawing, which I dont like and takes too long to produce, anyway it dont make much difference as I have my own ideas.

Hi all,

as towards the ending of my reno, more unhappiness abt my reno prob up. to me its all abt trying to make money out of us then being honest firm like 1 of the forumner had written abt. headaches!