Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
perfecto

Importing Simmons Beautyrest Black Collection

Went to US in Dec and found that the pricing for Black label is only about S$4k+ compared to >S$10k in Singapore.

Anyone tried importing Simmons beautyrest black collection from US?

that would really save alot even after imputing the shipping costs.

Thanks in Advance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Went to US in Dec and found that the pricing for Black label is only about S$4k+ compared to >S$10k in Singapore.

Thanks in Advance

try checkin out ezpz on facebook, they offerin similar pdts...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/ph...id=133132603580

Thanks in Advance

I bought a Black Label from ezpzx end of last year and am very happy with it. You can get more information of the pricing/specs and their contact info though the following:

http://ezpzx.blogspot.com/2009/12/simmons-...tner-sales.html

agree on the savings, but my concern is whether these would be the same specs as the US ones!??

Yes same specs since the mattress is imported from the US. EZPZX is the freight company i used to import the mattress into SG. You can check with other freight companies but i chose EZPZX as it charges by volume and not by weight. Therefore, it's cheaper importing a mattress using them.

I also chose to use their 'partner sales' whereby they have already tied up with US merchants to offer certain products at a fixed price that includes all applicable taxes and delivery to your doorstep. The good thing about that is that there were no surprises on shipping charges or taxes and the price they quoted is the price you pay.

As the mattress is from the US, they are US sizes so i had to purchase a US sized bed frame. I purchased mine through www.sleeppost.sg

how reliable r them? As we have to transfer half the money to them first. Do they have a office here? Also, can the off the rack bed sheet be used for the mattress?

Yes same specs since the mattress is imported from the US. EZPZX is the freight company i used to import the mattress into SG. You can check with other freight companies but i chose EZPZX as it charges by volume and not by weight. Therefore, it's cheaper importing a mattress using them.

I also chose to use their 'partner sales' whereby they have already tied up with US merchants to offer certain products at a fixed price that includes all applicable taxes and delivery to your doorstep. The good thing about that is that there were no surprises on shipping charges or taxes and the price they quoted is the price you pay.

As the mattress is from the US, they are US sizes so i had to purchase a US sized bed frame. I purchased mine through www.sleeppost.sg

I am so surprise that the "mark up" in Singapore is so much different !!!!!!. Even with the add in freight charges, the price i still cheaper in other country. I think the same apply to the rest of models. It seem that it is a bit "sealy" to buy in Singapore

how reliable r them? As we have to transfer half the money to them first. Do they have a office here? Also, can the off the rack bed sheet be used for the mattress?

I purchased a Simmons Black series through EZPZX end of last year and it was quite hassle free. Same process, had to transfer 50% deposit via paypal. When the mattress arrived in their US warehouse I had to pay the remainder. It took around 2 months including shipment time for the mattress to arrive. It came pretty well protected in a big plastic bag that was placed inside a wood reinforced cardboard box. I've recommended their services to a few friends and those who ordered had good experiences as well.

As the mattress is US size, i ordered some bedsheets from the US. Found some good offers for 1200 ThreadCount bedsheets on Amazon.

I purchased a Simmons Black series through EZPZX end of last year and it was quite hassle free. Same process, had to transfer 50% deposit via paypal. When the mattress arrived in their US warehouse I had to pay the remainder. It took around 2 months including shipment time for the mattress to arrive. It came pretty well protected in a big plastic bag that was placed inside a wood reinforced cardboard box. I've recommended their services to a few friends and those who ordered had good experiences as well.

As the mattress is US size, i ordered some bedsheets from the US. Found some good offers for 1200 ThreadCount bedsheets on Amazon.

I have a friend's friend whom I heard is going to get it from these guys EZPZ - will let you guys know whether there is any defects/problems/risks associated with buying the mattress from these guys. but so far execution or order has been smooth from what i know

But i guess the biggest risks in buying from them is that it there is NO WARRANTY! so its a huge leap of faith for the anyone looking to buy. after all its a bed costing more than $3K. What if the pillow top sags - which is a common problem (just google) among complaints. I just hope the buyer is lucky and nothing happens to it.

just my 2cents

I have a friend's friend whom I heard is going to get it from these guys EZPZ - will let you guys know whether there is any defects/problems/risks associated with buying the mattress from these guys. but so far execution or order has been smooth from what i know

But i guess the biggest risks in buying from them is that it there is NO WARRANTY! so its a huge leap of faith for the anyone looking to buy. after all its a bed costing more than $3K. What if the pillow top sags - which is a common problem (just google) among complaints. I just hope the buyer is lucky and nothing happens to it.

just my 2cents

I did have some reservations about the no warranty thing. But then I guess even if Simmons agent here charges $1k for a repair its still cheaper than buying locally.

Hello All!

I am also really interested in importing the Beautyrest Black Collection, however, and worried that if the mattress is original. In addition, I went to the Simmons gallery today, in KL. I am Singaporean btw, and was told that different mattresses are done up in different countries that include Korea and Malaysia. The pricing for each mattress done up by different countries are not the same.

If anyone had ordered from the website and had already collected their mattress, please give reviews on it. Many thanks!

anyone received their orders from them already? still concern abt the safety as only mommy user comment only.

my friend should get his mattress pretty soon. Will let you guys know the outcome.