Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

must be an uncle who got the call from u rite? nv ask baby to "teh" to him? maybe will be cheap cheap leh. :P

uh no leh, it was a lady...name is "siew-something"

:(

maybe not lady-killer enough...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Complimentary vaccuum cleaner from my dear mama:

P1050659.jpg

Grilles are up, i feel safer leaving windows open now. Baby says she feels like its a jail.

All horizontal, no design ones. As plain as it can get.

P1050656.jpg

One last shot of our grille-less windows. Indeed look better without grilles. Maybe i should get a corner flat next time? :P

P1050640.jpg

Got this from my father. He said it belonged to my grandma. Wheels are creaking, got many sticker marks and scratches.

P1050652.jpg

Shall try a bold attempt in converting it into a dressing table top for baby. Saw a ikea hack previously. Still thinking of whether to keep it in its old, vintage look or to re-paint it in bold colours (which is irreversible!). :unsure:

http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/2010/05/vin...ptop-table.html

We finally remembered to bring light bulbs for our WIW lights, bought at penang S$48. First lights that we bought for our house because we felt that its cheap. Now its ironical that these are the most expensive lights in our house...

Day time:

P1050639.jpg

Night:

P1050661.jpg

Edited by gimz63251073

One last shot of our grille-less windows. Indeed look better without grilles. Maybe i should get a corner flat next time? :P

P1050640.jpg

by the time u get a corner flat, u will still need grilles for ur kids.... :D

are those wrought iron grilles & gate? don't look that bad!

your door - did u replace the old one or did you just paint over? is that black?

are your window frames black or bronze? clear glass or tinted?

how much did you pay for windows, grilles, gate and door?

sorry so many questions! :P

samgalz

yeah, guess that we cannot have everything in life? :)

im contented with the small home i have though...

lilithfiend,

yeap grilles are all wrought iron, black glossy colour. Think its the most no frills design. Door grilles cost $250, window grilles for living and common room cost $300. No grilles for MBR. :)

main door is new. Nyatoh solid wood, just one smooth piece of wood. They painted black paint over it. Costs $450.

Windows (all black frames):

- kitchen and living room: clear

- MBR and common room: dark tinted

only MBR is casement, the rest all sliding. Cost $1,024.

think i answered all hor? :)

Edited by gimz63251073

samgalz

yeah, guess that we cannot have everything in life? :)

im contented with the small home i have though...

lilithfiend,

yeap grilles are all wrought iron, black glossy colour. Think its the most no frills design. Door grilles cost $250, window grilles for living and common room cost $300. No grilles for MBR. :)

main door is new. Nyatoh solid wood, just one smooth piece of wood. They painted black paint over it. Costs $450.

abit wrong...

windows (all black frames):

- kitchen : clear

- living room : light tinted

- MBR and common room : dark tinted

:)

lilithfiend,

abit wrong...

windows (all black frames):

- kitchen : clear

- living room : light tinted

- MBR and common room : dark tinted

:)

hehehe...thanks guys..appreciate your responses! :D $250 for the gate is very cheap!

btw, i'm assuming your wrought iron got those bumps...right?

Bird cage before:

DSC04905.jpg

Bird cage after spray paint by baby!

30885_406741948878_520963878_425733.jpg

Hi baby,

check with you.. when u spray painted ur bird cage, did you put something inside the bird cage as backing when you sprayed it so that the paint won't be "wasted" or did you spray paint it as it is? I painted one of my bird cage with brush and paint but it's a very slow process and was thinking of painting the other with spray paint.

oh bumps as in like this?

there is a cheaper option, $188 for hollow wrought iron. :P

for once we did not get the cheapest option!

yea bumps as in like those. ok understooded. thanks for posting the pic!

Bird cage before:

Bird cage after spray paint by baby!

unpainted chairs

chair painted halfway, ran out of paint. :)

the "after" pics look good! :thumbs up:

Hi baby,

check with you.. when u spray painted ur bird cage, did you put something inside the bird cage as backing when you sprayed it so that the paint won't be "wasted" or did you spray paint it as it is? I painted one of my bird cage with brush and paint but it's a very slow process and was thinking of painting the other with spray paint.

Hi curryqueen,

nope baby did not use any backing, just sprayed.

one can of spray paint costs $3.50. enough to spray 3 layers on bird cage, one ikea stool top and a little of the chrome chairs.

got it from those neighbourhood shop selling "everything a house needs" that kinda of shop, hope you know what i mean. :P

use brush is very tiring and takes very long. Somemore have brush marks. Use spray paint better... :)

can admire your art piece earlier... haha....

this weekend, we gonna get lots of spray paint to do up the chair, pallet and luggage! :)

we are both so excited... this stage is like the most fun stage for us! :D

Hi curryqueen,

nope baby did not use any backing, just sprayed.

one can of spray paint costs $3.50. enough to spray 3 layers on bird cage, one ikea stool top and a little of the chrome chairs.

got it from those neighbourhood shop selling "everything a house needs" that kinda of shop, hope you know what i mean. :P

use brush is very tiring and takes very long. Somemore have brush marks. Use spray paint better... :)

can admire your art piece earlier... haha....

this weekend, we gonna get lots of spray paint to do up the chair, pallet and luggage! :)

we are both so excited... this stage is like the most fun stage for us! :D

Set! I'm going to buy spray paint liao!

Set! I'm going to buy spray paint liao!

hahahah.. gim beat mi to the reply... :P

spray paint is alot nicer and smoother effect... thou there's really a wastage... but no choice lah.....

by the way, matt black is **** cool!! i nearly went nuts when the shop i got the matt black spray had onli 1 bottle in stock!!! arghhh... and i search the whole bras basah but could not find it!! haizzzz...

my bird cage is a mixture of matt black and glossy black (which is lacquer over the matt black) and i kinda like the effect! hee...

good luck and remember to show ur DIYs!!