Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sixela13

A.m.e Journey

Hi all

I would like to share the photos of the hob and hood which i bought from Living Pheno.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt100/sixela13/hood.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt100/sixela13/hob.jpg

I have engaged Alex from Yick Hong alum to redo all my windows. The choice of color and grills design as follows:

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt100/s...grilldesign.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt100/s...wglasscolor.jpg

Thank for the recommendation provided. Overall I would like to give 2 thumbs up for Alex for his effort and knowledge.

More details will be updated.

Regards

A.M.E

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

Its been a while since i update my T-blog. Renovation started on last week tuesday and went to took some photos today. All hacking done and toilet tiling already in progress. Windows also starting. Will update more.

19042010161.jpg

Windows

19042010160.jpg

Tiles & sand

19042010159.jpg

Living room

19042010158.jpg

Main door view

More pic

20042010169.jpg

Common Room 2

20042010168.jpg

Study room

20042010167.jpg

Balcony

20042010166.jpg

Kitchen

20042010165.jpg

Kitchen toilet window

Sorry for the lousy shot. I am using Nokia N95. Will take better pictures for all to view.

Stay tune...

hi sixela13, i am your new neighbour (opposite your house), my house is also undergoing reno currently, almost completed. "duo duo zhi jiao..."

just a brief introduction, we r family of three (one more coming),currently staying at admiralty..

i know that u hired a fengshui master to c the hse b4 start reno. we oso did that but is after reno...some question wana to ask u since we have very similar floor plan..

1) did your fengshui master comment on the entrance to the "small living room"? our fengshui master wants us to build a wall/cabinet (from the beam till floor) to make this entrance narrower as he said it is too big. he also said while sitting on the sofa (ours is same orientation as yours) we should not see the entrance to the rooms.... He said this is a big issue!!!

we are quite reluctant to build this wall as we want to be able to have a full view of the whole place while sitting on the sofa, and by building the wall, the living area will look smaller :( :(

hi sixela13, i am your new neighbour (opposite your house), my house is also undergoing reno currently, almost completed. "duo duo zhi jiao..."

just a brief introduction, we r family of three (one more coming),currently staying at admiralty..

i know that u hired a fengshui master to c the hse b4 start reno. we oso did that but is after reno...some question wana to ask u since we have very similar floor plan..

1) did your fengshui master comment on the entrance to the "small living room"? our fengshui master wants us to build a wall/cabinet (from the beam till floor) to make this entrance narrower as he said it is too big. he also said while sitting on the sofa (ours is same orientation as yours) we should not see the entrance to the rooms.... He said this is a big issue!!!

we are quite reluctant to build this wall as we want to be able to have a full view of the whole place while sitting on the sofa, and by building the wall, the living area will look smaller :( :(

Hi to my new neighbour. I was wondering whether can i find the owner, finally you replied. Also a quick intro, a family of 3 ( one more coming on mid sept) together with my MIL taking care of my baby.

If you can refer to my earlier post, i did attached my floorplan with some changes. From my FSM, he recommended to build a wall to block out the view from the entrance to the living room. I also plan to build a full height cabinet at the foyer to create a narrower but neater area. The initial storeroom area will be my dinner area instead with mirrors. I still cannot visualise what you meant by " build this wall as we want to be able to have a full view of the whole place while sitting on the sofa, and by building the wall, the living area will look smaller "

Maybe we can meet up together and have some discussion. Feel so nice to find my neighbours here before moving in. My renovation is going to take another 6 weeks minimum. So when are you moving in? What type of air con system did u installed and how much they charge? I am still looking around for lobang.

Getting late, hope to discuss more with you soon.

cheers

what a coincidence, our 2nd one also coming in mid sep! we will have one more common topic to chit chat :):)

i think it is bit to explain about the fengshui thing in words, now in office, not convenient to edit and post my floorplan.

we will be going to our house tonite around 8pm, if you are also there, we can discuss.

aircon - we are using system 3, no aircon in living rm and study rm. i got it from cousin, special price, 1.6k (with bracket), LG brand.

wc - have you bought the toilet bowl? the dimension (from wall to sewage hole) for both my toilets is extremely short, very limited choice when we look for wc. i was told only the older (and uglier) design can be used. fortunately managed to find one that is of decent design. share with you more when we meet up.

my reno almost ready, no hurry to move in yet, targetting somewhere in june

what a coincidence, our 2nd one also coming in mid sep! we will have one more common topic to chit chat :):)

i think it is bit to explain about the fengshui thing in words, now in office, not convenient to edit and post my floorplan.

we will be going to our house tonite around 8pm, if you are also there, we can discuss.

aircon - we are using system 3, no aircon in living rm and study rm. i got it from cousin, special price, 1.6k (with bracket), LG brand.

wc - have you bought the toilet bowl? the dimension (from wall to sewage hole) for both my toilets is extremely short, very limited choice when we look for wc. i was told only the older (and uglier) design can be used. fortunately managed to find one that is of decent design. share with you more when we meet up.

my reno almost ready, no hurry to move in yet, targetting somewhere in june

The world is just so small, I guess. Same layout, same tips from the fsm (not sure if identical), and about the same due date for the second kid! I am speechless.

The world is just so small, I guess. Same layout, same tips from the fsm (not sure if identical), and about the same due date for the second kid! I am speechless.

I believe this is just FATE. Today went back to take a look at the progress and saw my neighbour win88 with their contractor. I must thank win88 for showing me around with their nearly completed renovation. Very cosy environment. Picked up quite a number of ideas from them.

The floorplan is almost same but different concept. FSM tips were different. As for the 2th baby, same month on the EDD. We can have a combine baby shower to save cost maybe. :rolleyes:

No pictures to update today as i went back too late. But the kitchen wall tiles are almost done. It comes with 2 flowers. :rolleyes:

Hope to take more pictures tomorrow and share with all.

regards

I believe this is just FATE. Today went back to take a look at the progress and saw my neighbour win88 with their contractor. I must thank win88 for showing me around with their nearly completed renovation. Very cosy environment. Picked up quite a number of ideas from them.

The floorplan is almost same but different concept. FSM tips were different. As for the 2th baby, same month on the EDD. We can have a combine baby shower to save cost maybe. :rolleyes:

No pictures to update today as i went back too late. But the kitchen wall tiles are almost done. It comes with 2 flowers. :rolleyes:

Hope to take more pictures tomorrow and share with all.

regards

K k ... will be waiting for yr pic ....

Hi all

Progress as follows:

The wall tiling for kitchen almost done, left with the gaps between tiles.

MBR toilet floor tiling started

Living room tiling started

Foyer partition wall done wrongly but discover in good time, not much of a problem.

Pictures as follows

22042010175.jpg

Flower as promised

22042010176.jpg

2th Flower

22042010177.jpg

Close up

22042010178.jpg

MBR toilet Mosaic

22042010179.jpg

MBR tiling

More pictures

22042010180.jpg

Foyer partition wall (Wrong location)

22042010181.jpg

Another view of foyer partition wall

22042010182.jpg

Foyer entrance tiling

22042010183.jpg

Close up of tile

Stay tune for more update.....

What is with the flowers brother?

The concrete wall at the foyer, wouldn't a gypsum board do the trick and is cheaper?

The concrete wall at the foyer, wouldn't a gypsum board do the trick and is cheaper?

The flowers are just the decor. nutting much. My wife love it at first sight. As for the partition at the foyer, we choose concrete wall as it will serve as a backing for future altar. Prefer a stronger and solid back instead of gypsum board.

Any one using Panasonic air con? Any review on their latest envio model with patrol sensor function?

Generally, concrete wall is a better choice than gypsum board. Some cons of gypsum boards are 'hollowness', echo producing, heat absorber, not ideal to drill hole, etc. But as u said, it is cheaper.