Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sixela13

A.m.e Journey

Hi all

Just like to ask 1 question. Does mounting air con on top of the room door, does it post any type of hindrance or problem? Any advantages or disadvantages?

Feedback are most welcome..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all

Just like to ask 1 question. Does mounting air con on top of the room door, does it post any type of hindrance or problem? Any advantages or disadvantages?

Not a problem for me though, brother. I have one that is currently above a door in one of my bedroom.

Hi all

My current home air-cons are also mounted above the room doors. No problem so far... good also cos dun waste the space above the door mah :)

Not a problem for me though, brother. I have one that is currently above a door in one of my bedroom.

My current home air-cons are also mounted above the room doors. No problem so far... good also cos dun waste the space above the door mah :)

Thanks for the quick response on the feedback. Guess i am more confident of mounting the air con on top of the wall instead.

cheers

Thanks for the quick response on the feedback. Guess i am more confident of mounting the air con on top of the wall instead.

cheers

I guess anywhere should be fine , as long as it’s not direct above yr head.

Hi all

Found out that the wall on top of the door are hollow type. Previously should be those ventilation type and previous owner sealed it with partition. After discusion with Michael, its not wise to replace with concrete type as it involve hacking away the door frame which in turn may damage the newly floor tile and cost increment.

Best way is to insist on the air con guy to use a stronger wooden board to hold. No pictures for today. Everywhere is dirty. Hope to update u all with more cleaner pic. Stay tune..

cheers

Hi all

Found out that the wall on top of the door are hollow type. Previously should be those ventilation type and previous owner sealed it with partition. After discusion with Michael, its not wise to replace with concrete type as it involve hacking away the door frame which in turn may damage the newly floor tile and cost increment.

Best way is to insist on the air con guy to use a stronger wooden board to hold. No pictures for today. Everywhere is dirty. Hope to update u all with more cleaner pic. Stay tune..

cheers

oh ... I think I know what u mean .

Hi all

It has been almost 2 weeks since i update my blog. So far so good.

Progress as follows:

- Tiling completed

- Whole house piping completed

- Rewiring 85%

- Plastering 95%

- False ceiling and L-Box 50%

I was able to get some pictures as more of the debris was cleared. Stay tune for more

IMG_7652.jpg

Main door view

IMG_7653.jpg

Partition wall

IMG_7654.jpg

Dinning area

IMG_7655.jpg

Living room

Hi simonzzzz

The handover date estimated to be on end of May, but quite unlikely to happen due to extra painting needed to be done after my wardrobe is up on 31th May by other supplier.

Most likely able to move in within first 2 weeks of july. More pictures coming up on the next thread.

cheers

Hi all

The false ceiling and L-Box done up except for a small portion waiting to be box up after my air con trucking is up. For my electrical work, all sockets and switches are in place. I will upload some pictures on the false ceiling, L-Box and the switches.

Now i would like to share with all the cost of my rewiring work.

13 Double point

6 Single point

2 SCV point

1 Tel point

2 Water heater

1 A/C point

33 light point.

32 light installation

1 hanging light installation

2 ceiling fan

1 hoob point

1 door bell

1 set 10A 2 ways lightning point

1 DB Box

Total cost $3200 nett including all switches and power socket.

Today went to shop for all lightnings and ceiling fan at Balestier Lightning shop. Total cost including ceiling fan is $1973. I bought Alpha F360 Black for living room and Fanco FF909 Black for study room.

All fans and lightnings will be delivered on this sat. So more pictures to show during the weekend.

Here comes the pictures...

Nothing special but just sharing with all

17052010315.jpg

False ceiling at Dinning area and Foyer

17052010316.jpg

Switches

17052010317.jpg

DB box

17052010318.jpg

Close up of DB box with SCV spliiter socket