Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tonyc

Super Noisy Neighbour Above Your Unit, Anyone?

My neighbour above my unit is SUPER noisy!

They are Filipino FTs tenents (thank to our Gov) who love to drag furniture, slammed the door, drop things heavily even after 1am to 3am, just above my master room.

They always invite friends over and sing, laugh happily thru out the night till 4am.

I have feedback to HDB several times but no improvement. Worst, the HDB gave them my HP and those idiots SMS me, challenge me to bring them to court if not happy.

What should I do? :bow::sad:

Thinking of selling my flat but mine is already second loan from HDB... :(

Edited by tonyc

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No one can advise you really.

You either bear with it, talk to them to resolve the situation or as you say move out..

I have feedback to HDB several times but no improvement. Worst, the HDB gave them my HP and those idiots SMS me, challenge me to bring them to court if not happy.

What should I do? :bow: :sad:

Thinking of selling my flat but mine is already second loan from HDB... :(

If you bring this to the public, I think the someone from HDB would apologize to you for this mishap. It happens few months back where the civil service gave out the phone number and ask them to settle themselves instead of act as a mediator.

You can try calling the neighbourhood police post. I did that previously when people from upstairs were dragging chairs across the floor at 11pm / drilling walls on public holidays etc. They actually came by to ask the neighbours to quieten down. You can also tell the police that the neighbours challenged you when you requested for them to not create a nuisance.

If the flat upstairs is fully rented out as a whole flat, there should also not be more than 9 persons living in it (if it's a 4rm and above). Plus the owner must also have fulfilled Minimum Occupation period for subletting of whole flats. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/...at?OpenDocument

If you think there's anything fishy, can call 1800-5556370 (HDB Hotline) to report.

Edited by blue_skies