Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hoppinghippos

Dyson Vacuum Cleaner

how's the feedback so far? found them at Tangs during yesterday midnight shopping. it seems pretty impressive, but quite expensive, the price range varies a lot from models to models.

malaysia sells cheaper? any other copy cat that's worth trying?

Edited by tingshen

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Has anybody bought this? Apparently it doesn't use any form of filter bags nor water, so that's quite attractive. But I wonder how effective it is like that?

i have DC03 bought in year 2000 and still working wonderfully. the bagless system is great. what i do after each vacuum is use a plastic bag to cover the container and pour out the dust, then wash the container and airdry. the white filter can be washed. the HEPA filter needs to be changed. time for me to change mine after i do some heavy duty cleaning after my reno is completed!

i did a lot of research (water vs cyclone, bag vs no-bag) before i bought the vacuum cleaner. will try to dig out the vacuum cleaner link for you.

to me, it is worth every cent i paid for it (think it was high $600 at that time). i love the yellow and purple colour too (and my son loves the toy vacuum lor). :bow:

sure is a gd vacuum.. just price on high side..

not sure if m'sia actually sells it cheaper..

courts always adv that theirs is exclusive selling price.. not sure if its cheapest ard

i have DC03 bought in year 2000 and still working wonderfully. the bagless system is great. what i do after each vacuum is use a plastic bag to cover the container and pour out the dust, then wash the container and airdry. the white filter can be washed. the HEPA filter needs to be changed. time for me to change mine after i do some heavy duty cleaning after my reno is completed!

i did a lot of research (water vs cyclone, bag vs no-bag) before i bought the vacuum cleaner. will try to dig out the vacuum cleaner link for you.

to me, it is worth every cent i paid for it (think it was high $600 at that time). i love the yellow and purple colour too (and my son loves the toy vacuum lor). :jawdrop:

I am considering a 2nd hand DC08(bohbian no $$$ sia), seems without the HEPA filter, do you think it's important? currently my Envio from Panasonic is able to do some air filtering lah, just turned on the Patrol function and see how effective is it......

any specific cleaning needed for the filter itself ?

really appreciate for the reply.

Edited by tingshen

I am considering a 2nd hand DC08(bohbian no $$$ sia), seems without the HEPA filter, do you think it's important? currently my Envio from Panasonic is able to do some air filtering lah, just turned on the Patrol function and see how effective is it......

any specific cleaning needed for the filter itself ?

really appreciate for the reply.

for the white piece of filter (they call it the pre-filter) - just need to wash with running tap water, knock knock the water out a bit on a towel and airdry for one day (or longer) before fitting it back. it is recommended to wash every 6 months but i usually wash sooner coz u see the dust u definitely want to clean.

the HEPA filter cannot wash. it's supposed to be life-time HEPA filter but i think i will get it changed soon after sucking up the reno warzone dust left behind! the HEPA filter function is important if you have children who are prone to allergies as it can trap airborne dust mite, animal fur, etc.

i think some models come without HEPA filter but not any more. you could try calling the local Sg office to enquire if they have any showroom/display model for sale that comes with HEPA filter. since you are prepared to spend some money on the Dyson, might as well get one with the HEPA filter.

the website:

http://www.dyson.com.sg/contactus/default.asp

Address Office hours Mon - Friday 9-6 pm

Service Helpline : 7000 4357546

Dyson Singapore Pte. Limited

2 Leng Kee Road

#04-09A Thye Hong Centre

Singapore

Postcode 159086

Telephone 65 64795538

Fax 65 64795531

good luck! :jawdrop:

ps: i made a mistake, my model is DC05, not the upright 03!

thanks for the info, not sure if I can attach a HEPA filter to those non-HEPA model. Luckily I got no children yet hehe....hopefully they are not allergy lah, but i think by the time I have children, it could be the time to change a new set hehe.....

my renovation is almost done, just like you lor, it's very dusty....that's why need a powerful vacuum cleaner hehe....

thanks for the info, not sure if I can attach a HEPA filter to those non-HEPA model. Luckily I got no children yet hehe....hopefully they are not allergy lah, but i think by the time I have children, it could be the time to change a new set hehe.....

my renovation is almost done, just like you lor, it's very dusty....that's why need a powerful vacuum cleaner hehe....

Hi,

I have a dyson too , cant remember the model but i got it from courts at ard $800 after discount ....

My comments - worth the money ...its very good ... suction and the turbo head also very good

but one bro from the forum suggest that buying over the net is good ...but the warranty may have some issue

cheers

the Dyson office actually called me before to ask if i want to "upgrade" - buy the display model with some discount thrown in. can try!

Dyson can last long time leh... mine 7 years and still good. so one time buy with HEPA, no need to change again when baby pitter patter comes along next time! :)

my reno still got +- 3 weeks to go so MaCe tips with feather duster + vacuum, KBY all come at the right time! ;)

I got a 2nd hand (10 months old) DC08 original yellow from somebody in singaporebrides :)

Everything is intact, just that I need to remove all parts and wash them up, it's d@mn dirty menz......the set was bought in france but it's still made in Malaysia haha. It says cannot wash the cyclone thingy, but I heck care, the dust is just too thick, I simply dip it in the water and shake shake shake....eee.....the thing came out very gross....

HEPA is overhype lah, how do you know your children would kena any allergy or not? Leave them some bacterias to make them stronger!;)! :yamseng: I have my Envio to protect everybody at the moment hehe...