Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reuben82

Our Dream House @ Jurong West

oh man... why did the owner wanna dismantle the doors? but good that you've settled that and the 2nd appointment went smoothly. congrats! :)

my fren had a similar experience... when he viewed the flat, there were built-in furniture (cupboards wardrobe etc). At handover, to his horror, the owner actually removed ALL the built-in carpentry.... :bangwall:

btw, talking about the washing machine, my brother also has his put in the kitchen cabinet, but there is no cabinet door to this washing machine compartment... he has this kind of arrangement for 10+ yrs and so far no prob ;) sure a good way to save space~

@marsh... this is classic KIASU ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah, so many replies....hehehe......OK. Mostly is regarding on the washing machine. Let me answer that first.

Yesterday night went up to my new house with my wife. Brought a super bright latest technology LED torch light up there to look look see see. hehehe...Then found out actually beside the common toilet entrance, there is some space to put the washing machine! Just below the window there. So, we decided to put the washing machine there instead of putting inside the cabinet. Reason is we want to have more cabinets and we prefer the microwave to be located inside the full height cabinets. Looks better and save some table top space. Just that at the corner you will see a washing machine there which we think should be alright.

Wcseow, the living room remain exactly the same as per first revision except that the TV console laminate will change to glossy white.

th_hb4.jpg

Regarding on the letterbox issue, I called up a locksmith and they charging me SGD80 as the lock is spoilt (meaning beyond repair and unable to open. They need special "equipment" to open it). Found out quite expensive and wondering if that's the standard charge.

how they change the letter box key:

1. drill thru the old cam lock

2. take out the old cam lock

3. install new cam lock

check your town council website for minor repair works, i did mine @$20.

no need special equipment la...

:)

har, but the letterbox was spoilt before key handed over, shldn't it be seller's responsibility. haiyoo.. so horrible of them!! but $80 does seem a bit pricey, try to ask a few more locksmiths just to see what's the pricing like in case this first one trying to chop carrot head?

marsh: wah, really classic kiasu-ness, remove built-in, but they're not supposed to remove that watttt!!! unless is ur fren dunwan to keep it, then just take it that he save on asking ppl to dismantle and dispose. hehehehe.

marsh: wah, really classic kiasu-ness, remove built-in, but they're not supposed to remove that watttt!!! unless is ur fren dunwan to keep it, then just take it that he save on asking ppl to dismantle and dispose. hehehehe.

exactly, they are not supposed to remove them... really lor removing built-in furniture is totally beyond my imagination :bangwall: my fren was very sian cos he actually planned to use the built-in furniture, but no choice... also can't ask the seller to put them back liao... :(

YES! Finally, the house is officially MINE!!!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA.......

But then, how come there is no any documents/certificates stated that unit is yours? The completion documents seem so lousy!! Just 2 letters and the house is mine?!!!! Sigh....My wife keep complaining we are using SGD300k to get this 3 pieces of paper only!!! lol.....

Anyway, from the letter itself, seems like I need to pay a lot of things. Anyone mind to enlighten me what kind of things that I need to pay and how to do it? The first thing I want to get it done is the utilities!!! lol....

Anyway the house will never be urs. When they're going to en-bloc. U need to move out. Even they not en-bloc but after ur unit 99 year old they'll also collect back to rebuild. Hahaha.... We're just rent the house from gov.

But then, how come there is no any documents/certificates stated that unit is yours? The completion documents seem so lousy!! Just 2 letters and the house is mine?!!!! Sigh....My wife keep complaining we are using SGD300k to get this 3 pieces of paper only!!! lol.....

Anyway, from the letter itself, seems like I need to pay a lot of things. Anyone mind to enlighten me what kind of things that I need to pay and how to do it? The first thing I want to get it done is the utilities!!! lol....

ya, very expensive few pieces of paper. ehh, conservancy fees! quickly go apply giro, or else every month got to go down the office and pay and they like to send reminder letters once u're late, waste postage fees! :P and get a temporary lock for ur gates so that the ex-owners cannot access the house anymore. :)

CONGRATS!!!

hmmm, nt sure if yr agent informed you to go do a trf of the utilities at sp services. he has to remind the seller not to terminate the services too la.

almost a immediate trf when you do in at sp itself. i did mine at somerset. there's a deposit to pay but only reflected at the first bill.

there's also the fire insurance you need to buy (you can do that at your 2nd apppointment) but is really cheap like 9 or 10 bucks for 5 years. the 400 bucks one is comprehensive covering reno items and injuries etc...

ya, very expensive few pieces of paper. ehh, conservancy fees! quickly go apply giro, or else every month got to go down the office and pay and they like to send reminder letters once u're late, waste postage fees! :P and get a temporary lock for ur gates so that the ex-owners cannot access the house anymore. :)

conservancy fees need to wait for a week first right then go down town council to do. that's what my agent told me.

also, head down to police station to have yr ics change to the new add ya.

yr id may have one temporary lock for reno duration and will pass you a key. don't need to buy. I bought and in the end, not used.

hi reuben, can share the contact for your ID? I will be starting my ID hunting soon. Thanks

Eh, you mind to wait for another 1 month until my renovation is complete? FYI, this reno ID is my wife friend. Therefore, there is no review on them yet in RT. So far, I am very happy and satisfy with their service but I'm thinking maybe we wait till the renovation completed then only start review. If you insist want to give them a try without waiting my actual reno review, I'm OK with that. Just PM me. :). But nothing is guaranttee which I must say here first as I haven't complete my reno with them.

Thank you for all your help to tell me what to do next....hehehe...

My ID just helped me apply the renovation permit. Start work on 19/7! On schedule! lol....

For the utility things, you can apply online here. http://services.spservices.sg/cs_services_...rameset.asp?ID=

Simple and straight forward.

For the conservancy fees hor, I duno how to do it ler...Need to go town council for that?

And for the fire insurance, I didnt attend the second appointment and my agent represent me to do it. She didnt tell me anything on the fire insurance. But she did help me to pay the property tax. That's all. Guess I need to go HDB to buy that fire insurance?

My IC address....hehehhe...the first thing after working yesterday is rush to Police Station and change IC address!!! So exciting!!!! Hahaha....But the sticker spoil my beautiful IC look...Haih....

Lastly on the lock....well, actually, after the inspection with the house owner on Sunday, I straight away use my lock to lock it as I'm worry they are going to remove more things from my precious house. lol....So, no worry!

Now left the fire insurance and conservancy fees then....Let me try to ask around see how to do it.

And for the fire insurance, I didnt attend the second appointment and my agent represent me to do it. She didnt tell me anything on the fire insurance. But she did help me to pay the property tax. That's all. Guess I need to go HDB to buy that fire insurance?
i remember HDB officer got print a piece of paper abt fire insurance validity date leh. dunno u got or not. my house is actually still covered for another 3 years, so i no need buy. maybe if u dun have the paper, can call HDB to check. :)