Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yenzy

Is It Safe To Use Freelance Id?

Dear all,

I wonder is it safe to use a freelance ID to work on the home? He has no HDB reg no.. Is HDB reg number necessary actually?

Or is it just convenient for renovation loan?

rdgs

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi yenzy....beware when u engange a freelance ID who do not have a "physical" showroom or a company registered. I think the every least is to be a registered company, if not, *touch wood*, if anything happen, you really will be on a losing end of the stick.

Dear all,

I wonder is it safe to use a freelance ID to work on the home? He has no HDB reg no.. Is HDB reg number necessary actually?

Or is it just convenient for renovation loan?

rdgs

Hi Yenzy,

It's safer to use someone or company who's registered with HDB. Cause hacking or certain reno will require to apply for permit. Likewise for my ID, when we ask to hack off our study room, she says that she'll need to apply for a HDB permit before any hacking to be carry out. though my ID is a female, me and my wife really takes our hats off to her.

according to HDB rules, an ID does not need to be registered with HDB unless the ID is carrying out the renovation works under the same entity.

i have seen IDs who do not have HDB License but when it comes to actual renovation (and permits), the ID would need to coordinate with HDB registered contractors to apply for license to carry out the works.

that is NOT borrowing of license as long as the contractor who applied for the permit is carrying out the works in your apartment. in this case, the ID cannot be defaulted as well.

correct me if i'm wrong..

I think if a ID who does not have any Licence should not be permitted to do any renovation for any HDB house. The problem is that the Licence contractor who's applying permit for the Un-Licence ID is not doing the renovation work at all. Cause the deal is between the owner and the un-licence IDs. I think HDB does not permit this act as well. Otherwise HDB wouldn't have publish the list of Licence contractors in their website

according to HDB rules, an ID does not need to be registered with HDB unless the ID is carrying out the renovation works under the same entity.

i have seen IDs who do not have HDB License but when it comes to actual renovation (and permits), the ID would need to coordinate with HDB registered contractors to apply for license to carry out the works.

that is NOT borrowing of license as long as the contractor who applied for the permit is carrying out the works in your apartment. in this case, the ID cannot be defaulted as well.

correct me if i'm wrong..

U r not wrong. :D

A ID is a ID, a HDB registered contractor is a contractor. A company can have 10 IDs but only 1 HDB registered contractor and the IDs will still said they are HDB registered. Eg. if u would to look at the HDB website on registered contractor...HDB License No. XXXXXXx, Registered Company : ABC Interior Pte Ltd Registered contractor/person : Ah Long San....from here u can see only 1 person is registered contractor and the rest of the IDs is still IDs only. So only Ah Long San can apply permit thru HDB website for registered contractor not Ah Mao or Ah Kao IDs.

So a ID roles is to design, give u 3D drawings, project management your reno, he/she is not the contractor who hack your flooring or doing tiling works. He/she only coordinate, make sure the contractor he/she is using is registered contractor and ensuring they didn't do any illegal works not according to HDB rules and regulations. U pay the ID for his/her project management, coordination, advises and 3D Drawings only. Even doing carpentry works, plumbering, electrical, false ceiling, etc...u don't need a HDB permit to do so.

So a ID roles is to design, give u 3D drawings, project management your reno, he/she is not the contractor who hack your flooring or doing tiling works. He/she only coordinate, make sure the contractor he/she is using is registered contractor and ensuring they didn't do any illegal works not according to HDB rules and regulations. U pay the ID for his/her project management, coordination, advises and 3D Drawings only. Even doing carpentry works, plumbering, electrical, false ceiling, etc...u don't need a HDB permit to do so.

But from what I know is that when you engage an IDs he/she will be the one who engage sub-cons to do all the reno work. As for the licence holder he only apply renovation permit for the IDs and charge a min. sum thus do not go to jobs sites. So when the IDs he or she engage the sub-cons might not be a registered contractor. am i right? :D

But from what I know is that when you engage an IDs he/she will be the one who engage sub-cons to do all the reno work. As for the licence holder he only apply renovation permit for the IDs and charge a min. sum thus do not go to jobs sites. So when the IDs he or she engage the sub-cons might not be a registered contractor. am i right? :D

U r right, that the market practice. Yes the contractor apply the permit for the ID and not going to the jobs sites. Anything done illegally, they are still responsible not the ID. Even if he goes to the jobs sites, he still not the one doing, it was still the sub-cons doing, he only coordinate or monitor they are doing the right things. Take eg. of one of the forumer here, she engaged a contractor, the contractor is not licence holder, so he asked another licence contractor to apply the permit for him. HDB inspector came and inspect, saw illegal things done, asked the owner to hack it, reapply permit and redo it again. I arranged a meeting with the contractor who apply the permit to solve the issue cos he will be getting deduction of points and fine if he didn't solve the problems and not a single cent needed to pay him to solve the problems, even if got to hack and redo it again.

Same for ID, they only coordinate and monitor. Licence contractors only apply permit, they are not the one doing the jobs. They are given the licence becos of their experience over the 3 yrs of doing the right things on the right time at the right place (following HDB criteria on becoming a registered contractor). ;)

U r right, that the market practice. Yes the contractor apply the permit for the ID and not going to the jobs sites. Anything done illegally, they are still responsible not the ID. Even if he goes to the jobs sites, he still not the one doing, it was still the sub-cons doing, he only coordinate or monitor they are doing the right things. Take eg. of one of the forumer here, she engaged a contractor, the contractor is not licence holder, so he asked another licence contractor to apply the permit for him. HDB inspector came and inspect, saw illegal things done, asked the owner to hack it, reapply permit and redo it again. I arranged a meeting with the contractor who apply the permit to solve the issue cos he will be getting deduction of points and fine if he didn't solve the problems and not a single cent needed to pay him to solve the problems, even if got to hack and redo it again.

Same for ID, they only coordinate and monitor. Licence contractors only apply permit, they are not the one doing the jobs. They are given the licence becos of their experience over the 3 yrs of doing the right things on the right time at the right place (following HDB criteria on becoming a registered contractor). ;)

OIC ;)

i'm looking for a freelance ID too.. but only to help me design the house. i will get my own contractor. anyone knows of any freelance ID that I can contact?

i got quote from both ID and contractor, and the difference is 10k wor... it's easy for sure, but 10k leh... wouldn't it be better for me to save that money up?

yah lor... i rather save that money... but the headache part is where to find freelance ID ah? i need the FL ID to help me design my house leh.. want swee swee but don't want to spend money on full scope ID lor... me cheapo.

yah lor... i rather save that money... but the headache part is where to find freelance ID ah? i need the FL ID to help me design my house leh.. want swee swee but don't want to spend money on full scope ID lor... me cheapo.

When you want to have cheap alternative will affect you in long run. What i mean is tat freelance ID may not provide after service once the renovation completed. And also they dun have register companies and in case any dispute how to lodge complain?

When you want to have cheap alternative will affect you in long run. What i mean is tat freelance ID may not provide after service once the renovation completed. And also they dun have register companies and in case any dispute how to lodge complain?

no no... i only want design. my contractor will do everything! including project management. But some contractors cannot help with design, they will just do what you want, so i need someone to just design, purely design, nothing else! then i will give the design to my contractor and tell him to work as close to it as possible.