Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ryooki

Laminate Carpentry For Cabinets

Hi All,

Is it normal to see "black lines" along the edges of the laminates on the cabinets?

I'm told that this is normal; especially for cabinet "skeletons", not the cabinet doors which can be fixed with ABS trimming, Aluminium trimming or painting over..

Can share (with pics please) what can be done to eliminate these? These can be quite an eyesore if you have white laminates and see the edges black black.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All,

Is it normal to see "black lines" along the edges of the laminates on the cabinets?

I'm told that this is normal; especially for cabinet "skeletons", not the cabinet doors which can be fixed with ABS trimming, Aluminium trimming or painting over..

Can share (with pics please) what can be done to eliminate these? These can be quite an eyesore if you have white laminates and see the edges black black.

Thanks!

to my knowledge, if you use laminates to go with abs trimming.. the 'black' line will not be there as the trimming are coloured to best match the laminates.

normally,carpenter/ID only quote the price based on doors with ABS trimming, not the entire cabinet

I think it will cost a bomb to ABS trimming the whole joint of the cabinet,moreover i don't think it's necessary to ABS trimming the whole joint since you can only see the line mostly when you opened the door

Edited by vhardono

Yah I know cabinet doors can use ABS trimmings. What I mean is the skeleton of the cabinets.

Use cutting edges but it don't come cheap.

OT a bit.

How is the level of workmanship for your kitchen cabinet if let's say the carpenter drill wrong holes inside cabinet for drawer runner or misaligned outlet pipe

Will he patch them using putty or cover partially with PVC laminate or change the whole PVC laminate?

Thanks

Edited by vhardono

Hi All,

Thanks!

I am facing same problem as you. I can see lots of black lines on my kitchen cabinet & wardrobe. Its really an eyesore. I'm told that it can be painted over but will become worst when the thing peel off :(

I am facing same problem as you. I can see lots of black lines on my kitchen cabinet & wardrobe. Its really an eyesore. I'm told that it can be painted over but will become worst when the thing peel off :(

Goes to DIY store, buy the spirit-based pen (many color to choose from, with metal inside, need to shake before use), do touch-up on the edges. Use a ruler to guide the pen...

Edited by bepgof