Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
green giraffe

The Diary Of A Wimpy House Owner

OMG Green Giraffe!

I have the Juicy Salif too!

I'll be displaying it on a kitchen shelf once the (slow) contractor finishes building it. I bought it in April (have always wanted it - esp after the Men In Black II movie) but I haven't displayed it yet.

I bought it as a kitchen display piece - not as a functional thing. Do you actually use yours???

Yes. We love our alien juicier too. Hubby bought from Germany. My kids are fascinated with it and kept pestering us to use it. We used it to extract orange juice and it works wonderfully. However, Our iconic Juicy Salif has suffered burnt and is discoloured now with burnt marks after a visit to the dish washer (my ignorant helper thought it was metal and could withstand the hot water cycle of the dish washer). Ouch......!

Cant decide what to do with it now. Hubby suggests to put it in the garden like a scarecrow to scare off the myna birds.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yes. We love our alien juicier too. Hubby bought from Germany. My kids are fascinated with it and kept pestering us to use it. We used it to extract orange juice and it works wonderfully. However, Our iconic Juicy Salif has suffered burnt and is discoloured now with burnt marks after a visit to the dish washer (my ignorant helper thought it was metal and could withstand the hot water cycle of the dish washer). Ouch......!

Cant decide what to do with it now. Hubby suggests to put it in the garden like a scarecrow to scare off the myna birds.

Oh dear, I feel sorry for your Juicy Saliff.

The scarecrow idea is quite creative though.

BTW, do you have a study room? If you do, did you buy chairs with wheels or stationary chairs?

Do chair-wheels damage parquet floors? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thank you.

hey hey hey.... i go away for a few weeks and waaaaaahhhhhhhhhlaaaaaaaaaaaaaa --- gorgeous home all done!

congratulations girl, you guys (ok, guess have to give hubby some credit) did a great job!

definitely mag-worthy, singapore tattler even!!

Hi Livinstyle,

Here's the details of my Toto toilet bowls.

Geberit concealed cistern dual flush, artline actuator and Swissfix bracket @$350

Kids bathroom - Toto CW822J (tornado flush) with soft closing cover @ $350

Master bathroom and powder room - Toto CW800J w soft closing cover @ $410 each

Dear Green Giraffe,

I'm building a house now and currently considering the exact Toto toilet bowls you bought. What is the main difference in terms of functionality between the CW822J and CW800J? Which one has a bigger seat cover, (thus more comfortable for adults)?

Thanks.

Oh dear, I feel sorry for your Juicy Saliff.

The scarecrow idea is quite creative though.

BTW, do you have a study room? If you do, did you buy chairs with wheels or stationary chairs?

Do chair-wheels damage parquet floors? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thank you.

Hi beeblebrox000,

We dont have a study room per se. Both our kids' rooms have their individual customized study tables with height adjustable swivel chairs with castors cos they wanted something that can swing around and zoom about. However the over enthusiastic and kiasu me bought 3 study chairs which attracted sarcastic remarks like "wah...any bigger than this?"

IMG_0280-1.jpg

Based on my previous experience, chairs with castors do scratch the floor especially after the castors gathered minute dust and dirt. So I will be buying a rug or the plastic floor protector from Ikea to put under the chairs.

In the family room, we have a small study/computer niche in the build-in cabinet which we intend to just get a stool to fit into that space.

In my opinion, chairs with castors will have a higher chance to damage parquet floor so you need to use form of floor protection. That being said, chairs without castors will also damage your floor if you have the habit to drag it (like my kids) instead of lifting it.

hey hey hey.... i go away for a few weeks and waaaaaahhhhhhhhhlaaaaaaaaaaaaaa --- gorgeous home all done!

congratulations girl, you guys (ok, guess have to give hubby some credit) did a great job!

definitely mag-worthy, singapore tattler even!!

Thank you patsy,

You are always so generous and kind with your comments. Have not been updating this blog lately...not many new pictures to post. But here's 2 especially for you. We have stick on our kids photo decals in the kids toilet. We really love the results :good: . It adds character to the toilet and their cheeky expressions up the fun factor in an otherwise functional and boring space.

Door on the left leads to the WC, on the right is the door of the shower/bath area

IMG_0158.jpg

Photo decals on the shower/bath door

IMG_0160.jpg

Dear Green Giraffe,

I'm building a house now and currently considering the exact Toto toilet bowls you bought. What is the main difference in terms of functionality between the CW822J and CW800J? Which one has a bigger seat cover, (thus more comfortable for adults)?

Thanks.

Hi shanghaidaddy,

Sorry for the late reply, here's a pix of CW822J which we installed in our kids toilet. The seat cover is shaped like an egg with the pointed end pointing outwards so it is narrower than CW800J. However the flush hole (not sure of the correct term) is bigger than CW800J which means you have a bigger area to drop your bomb. Moreover, it comes with tornado flush which will help to clear your business more efficiently. This model is perfect for kids.

IMG_0278-1.jpg

We installed CW800J in our master toilet and the powder room downstairs. The seat cover is oval shape and bigger than CW822J. However, the flush hole is smaller so there is more cleaning to do if you do not aim properly when doing big business. Aesthetically, we feel this model looks more streamline.

IMG_0279-1.jpg

Hope the info help in your decision making. Have fun shopping for sanitary wares. Buy something you really like and durable cos you will be using them everyday and for a long time to come.

Hope the info help in your decision making. Have fun shopping for sanitary wares. Buy something you really like and durable cos you will be using them everyday and for a long time to come.

Hi Green Giraffe,

Thanks for your thorough reply. One thing you didn't mention is comfort. Which one is more ergonomic for adults?

Cheers.

Hi GG,

Good to know that you have moved into your beautifully renovated house and enjoying the experience. Do you know where can I get a eg. plastic protection or a mat to protect the parquet flooring from the weight of my piano?

Cheers!

Hi GG,

Good to know that you have moved into your beautifully renovated house and enjoying the experience. Do you know where can I get a eg. plastic protection or a mat to protect the parquet flooring from the weight of my piano?

Cheers!

Hi Lee,

Have not checked in on my blog for ages. Sorry I took so long to answer your question...you would have probably found your mat or maybe moving to your next house already. Anyway, Ikea has a plastic mat which is suitable for protecting the floor from scratches caused by the casters of study chairs. However I am not sure if it is suitable to hold the weight of a piano. As for my piano, we just cut out four small pieces of vinyl strip (the same ones we have on the floor where the piano is standing) to put under the legs of the piano so that it will not cause a dent on the flooring. However, we are not sure if that works cos we have not lifted up our piano to check. Will let you know in maybe 10 years time if we so decide to change piano or change the location of the piano. Which will probably coincide with my next update. So Stay tuned! :P

Btw Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Care to share where you got yr recycled teak stools and bar stools in living room from?

They look fantastic!!!

Very nice house you got there.

Your T-blog is one of the best around here.

Thank you Always Happy...you are making me really happy and flattered with your kind comments.

I bought my recycled teak stools and bar stools from d-bodhi. They are in the process of moving to a new showroom. In the mean time, you can see some of their products in their sister company, Journey East's showroom at Tan Boon Liat Tower.

I have yet to check out the showroom there. I really like their modern resort design and will be going there soon (when the hole in the pocket gets smaller and the "buying furniture" itch gets too unbearable).

Am still sourcing for some vintage, retro furniture for the family room and outdoor furniture for the patio. Saw some cool stuff at A Thousand Tales at Haji Lane but am intimidated by its prices. So the only thing i could do now is to keep humming the silly Christmas song "all i want for christmas is a cool sofa, a cool sofa, A COOL SOFA!"

Merry Christmas and an Always Happy New Year!!!! :)

Thank you patsy,

You are always so generous and kind with your comments. Have not been updating this blog lately...not many new pictures to post. But here's 2 especially for you. We have stick on our kids photo decals in the kids toilet. We really love the results :good: . It adds character to the toilet and their cheeky expressions up the fun factor in an otherwise functional and boring space.

Door on the left leads to the WC, on the right is the door of the shower/bath area

IMG_0158.jpg

Photo decals on the shower/bath door

IMG_0160.jpg

hey your kids photo decals are really cool... very nice touch.. mind if i ask where did u get it done?

and ur place is really nice.. well done!

Happy Holidays!! :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng: