Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sff

Can't Seem To Leave Toa Payoh!

Ok, so I finally got the keys last Friday and then went to the ID to apply for renovation permit. It was approved yesterday and today, they started hacking.

I was feeling kind of kpo so I went to take a peek. When I went about 3pm, one was completing hacking the living and dining rooms. Another guy was doing the kitchen. It was so noisy and dusty but the fun part was, there are 3 units hacking together!! My direct neighbour above was also hacking though I think they should finish earlier and another one at the other end of the block on the fifth floor is also doing the same. Not sure how all the other neighbours there felt cos the noise was x3!! :jawdrop: As far as I know, the 2nd flr corner was also sold and papers completed. Not sure if that unit would be doing anything soon.

So, here are some pictures of my unit. I took the photo immediately after taking the keys. I should say that condition wise, it's actually quite ok but we felt that we did not really like the open concept kitchen. Scared that when we cook, whole house will be oily.

Living/Dining

081fc.jpg

082ow.jpg

084wt.jpg

080w.jpg

085wo.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Common Bathroom

074ge.jpg

075rr.jpg

076z.jpg

Will not be posting pictures for the 3 rms and study cos there is nothing inside them. Just empty rooms and parquet flooring. So, these will be varnished and we will put in built-in wardrobes. Other than these, think nothing else for rooms liao.

Mmm... will try to get pics of the hacking work! :D

Although I only need to handover my current flat keys near end of next month, my family has already started packing. Or rather, started throwing! :o Wah, I never knew that I have so many junk. It's like endless, throw already still got some more to throw. I got some boxes from the moving company, ya, I ks, book moving company liao, and now my living room is filled with stuffed boxes. What's inside them? Actually, I'm not so sure either. That's cos my parents-in-law were happily stuffing this and that into boxes. :( And... I still have lots unpacked. Think got abt 20 boxes le. And 10+ unused boxes. Looking at all m y junk, I don't think that they are enough to hold the rest of the stuff. Big items we don't have many but the here, there and everywhere a bit kind of things, think we can throw some more!

Existing furniture also must get rid. Wrote to Salvation Army abt donation of bulky items but no news from them yet. Otherwise must get Town Council to throw. But then TC only throw up to 3 items. Dunno the rest how. Mmm... how about each day throw 3? Dunno if got anyone do like that? :D

Now, the hacking has stopped for the day, I wonder how much they have done...

haha... s funny abt ur 3 items throwing method. I didnt even know that TC can throw things for us. mayb u can ask ur mover whether they can help to dispose? I'm suppose to shift out my current flat in mid jul but i haven really pack much or shd i say throw much. Only starting to clear the gals' room. And my so much stuff!!

So u got 30+ boxes in all? Hw much does ur mover charge?

Hi sff, where did you bought your bedframe? If its convenience, can help take more pics of it, it look nice, something simple which im looking for.

we chose this bed at cellini too. we going for darker brown and beige cushion combi :)

we took the calypso package. :D

haha... s funny abt ur 3 items throwing method. I didnt even know that TC can throw things for us. mayb u can ask ur mover whether they can help to dispose? I'm suppose to shift out my current flat in mid jul but i haven really pack much or shd i say throw much. Only starting to clear the gals' room. And my so much stuff!!

So u got 30+ boxes in all? Hw much does ur mover charge?

:D Aiyah, trying to save cost mah. If one time throw more than 3, must pay leh. Kind of like private arrangement with the "throwers"! But dun think TC allow me to kachao them everyday!! ;)

Ya, about 30. Dunno will more than that or not. Haha, my boys' room the book cupboard is enough to give me headache. Haven go thru their desk, book boxes and wardrobe. My wardrobe lagi worse. Endless digging! Think you also better start clearing a bit.

Actually, my intention is to move the lighter boxes and stuff myself earlier to save cost and leave the ultra heavy items to the movers. So movers will move for abt $340:

1. piano

2. fridge

3. washing machine

4. 4 standing fans

5. 2 swivel chairs

6. q mattress x 1

7. s mattress x 1

8. 10 boxes

Actually, it's all cos of the piano. If no piano, think will anyhow ask any mover to shift liao. Haiz.

:D Aiyah, trying to save cost mah. If one time throw more than 3, must pay leh. Kind of like private arrangement with the "throwers"! But dun think TC allow me to kachao them everyday!! ;)

Ya, about 30. Dunno will more than that or not. Haha, my boys' room the book cupboard is enough to give me headache. Haven go thru their desk, book boxes and wardrobe. My wardrobe lagi worse. Endless digging! Think you also better start clearing a bit.

Actually, my intention is to move the lighter boxes and stuff myself earlier to save cost and leave the ultra heavy items to the movers. So movers will move for abt $340:

1. piano

2. fridge

3. washing machine

4. 4 standing fans

5. 2 swivel chairs

6. q mattress x 1

7. s mattress x 1

8. 10 boxes

Actually, it's all cos of the piano. If no piano, think will anyhow ask any mover to shift liao. Haiz.

Oh i see. Ya piano must take extra care. My frens were telling me to pack some boxes, label. Those not using, just still keep them in their boxes and store away. But must label clearly. I only have mainly boxes, the biggest furniture will be my tv. Others we are throwing cos lifespan up liao. :D

we chose this bed at cellini too. we going for darker brown and beige cushion combi :)

we took the calypso package. :D

Wah! So coincidence. Mine is beige frame and I think cushion beige too!! My package was the I dunno call wat one. But I change quite a bit of stuff. Coffee table change, mattress change to dining table, 3-seat sofa change to L-sofa. I saw the calypso too. Sat on it. Not bad actually but my new home cannot fit it in nicely. :(

Oh i see. Ya piano must take extra care. My frens were telling me to pack some boxes, label. Those not using, just still keep them in their boxes and store away. But must label clearly. I only have mainly boxes, the biggest furniture will be my tv. Others we are throwing cos lifespan up liao. :D

Lifespan up the best. Can just throw and no need to worry about shifting. However, also must spend more to get new ones. Haiz, everything all got gd and bad. But at least better than shift liao then spoil! When I shift to current house, struggle bring the stupid washing machine over, then the next day spoil! :bangwall: Went shopping immediately.

My this time also not many big stuff to bring over cos my current stuff quite big. If bring over there, there will be cram. So the things we buy also must bring measuring tape along. Just imagine lor, I went cellini, saw their setting and ask them to measure sofa to tv distance! After satisfy my criteria, then I buy sofa!

Ur friends are right. Label very impt. Otherwise when all seal up and then want to find things when move over, will have headache. If you can, store some away first, or else when moving day comes, you will be very busy and will not have time to think which item go into which box. But must remember leh, after storing, dun buy more. :D

sorry ah I kaypoh

Label = important.. but be careful not to list the items on the boxes.

When I was moving.. my mom listed some dry food items on some bags... and we never saw those bags again. Only realised they were missing days after. Cos move so many things very hard to keep track if things are not brought up to the unit also.

So the second time we moved, mom only numbered the boxes and we had a list kept on us... so that the movers won't know what's inside. :)

*erhm* I know I'm a bit late...

But congrats on your buy!!! TPY is a fantastic place!!!!

Late? What late? You're always welcome, erm, athough I first time talk to you, but still, welcome. Extend a hug also can. :D

Yep, TPY nice even though mine is ulu part of TPY. :D Mmm... why is it fantastic? :unsure:

sorry ah I kaypoh

Label = important.. but be careful not to list the items on the boxes.

When I was moving.. my mom listed some dry food items on some bags... and we never saw those bags again. Only realised they were missing days after. Cos move so many things very hard to keep track if things are not brought up to the unit also.

So the second time we moved, mom only numbered the boxes and we had a list kept on us... so that the movers won't know what's inside. :)

Yep. Not just that, I'm going to label 1/20, 2/20, 3/20, ... ;) and my note in my hp will tell me which box is what.

Late? What late? You're always welcome, erm, athough I first time talk to you, but still, welcome. Extend a hug also can. :D

Yep, TPY nice even though mine is ulu part of TPY. :D Mmm... why is it fantastic? :unsure:

heh cos I disappeared for a long time. reno was finished a year ago. :)

How ulu can ulu be? mm TPY's good. very central location and has high resale value. now that I go to TPY often I appreciate its location a lot... just no money to buy haha