Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jat

Hdb 3i At West Side

Hi everybody, I've been a silent reader on this forum for awhile and decided to start this since we are about to undergo some major renovations at our 35 year old resale 3-room flat. :)

4571359508_eed1b160fc_o.jpg

There are a number of constraints with regards to the structural design of our flat. As we're not engaging an interior designer, we'll have to work around these problematic areas ourselves. We hope to share our ideas here, and invite feedback from more experienced forummers :)

1. The number one headache of our place is the 2 beams -- 1 cutting across the living room between the 2 bedroom doors, and another across the kitchen.

4570625543_ae53f2c878.jpg

4571323382_be70f333c8.jpg

The beams are quite low, coming down to the height of the bedroom door frame and are quite wide at 25cm. Disguising the beams will definitely be tricky!

2. There is no 'ensuite' toilet. We intend to hack down the war between the bathroom and the bedroom, which should be possible. We are also thinking of removing the wall between the 2 toilets to have 1 big toilet connected to the bedroom, however there are a lot of piping along this separating wall, and we're not sure if HDB will allow this. Also, we would like to rotate the orientation of the toilet bowl, again not sure if this is possible.

4570643753_969662cff6.jpg

4570641253_f9e03b3d72.jpg

Does anybody know if our proposed renovation is allowed??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

bro, your floorplan looks exactly the same as mine. take a look at my t-blog if you're interested :D

as for your questions, you can definitely hack the wall between your bedroom and the bathroom (i did that)

you can also hack the wall between your toilet and bathroom (goobii did that)

as for rotation of toilet bowl, it's highly unlikely (i tried but failed)

welcome to RT! :) another 3-roomer.. we're also planning to merge our bath & WC..now awaiting for permit to approve.. your toilet bowl orientation most likely cannot be done..

i was just looking at the floor plan...

if the walls between 2 toilets are hacked, looks like no space to wall through leh? unless bathroom is extended...

the 2 beams are classical of 3i flats...esp those in holland areas which i viewed quite a few.

some build false ceilings to make it less obvious.

got 1 build a storage area to make it look less like a beam.

Hi Jat

Just wonder if u managed to get approval for the hacking of wall between bath n toilet as well as the rotation of toilet bowl?

I have just bought a resale flat with the exact same lay out as yours including the piping at the wall separating bath n toilet.

Hope to hear from u or any persons with same problem. Thanks

Hi,

If I am not wrong.. hacking and merging the toilet is possible ..

Some IDs i went to told me can be done.. (have a similar layout house like urs)

I wish they can upgrade another toilet for me in MBR! :bath:

I haven..cos I taking keys end mth only.

Haven really decide what I want to do.. (tight tight budget). LOL

LOL..my grd floor .. i hope they can approve it though cos it wont affect any neighbours below??

Edited by DingDong

Haha. I'm more kiasu as I only get my key middle of next month.

One contractor told me the toilet bowl cannot be rotated n the wall cannot be hacked. When I insist for the hacking, he said it might be difficult to get approval so I'm meeting another contractor to get 2nd opinion.

Do let me know if ur contractor or ID says Yes to the above

Thank a lot

I will check with the contractor/ID again bah.

Maybe heng for mine..the toilet squat is facing out..not at the side like TS.